I think my pH is low 5.5

Not tap as the chlorine/chloramine kills you myca
You can add vitamin C 24 hrs prior to negate chlorine / chloramine. If the alkalinity isn't too high, the grower may still be able to use municipal tap. Well water should be tested for excess sulfur and organics. Sulfur will lower soil pH.

And we don't know what type of water is being used.

You can add vitamin C 24 hrs prior to negate chlorine / chloramine. If the alkalinity isn't too high, the grower may still be able to use municipal tap. Well water should be tested for excess sulfur and organics. Sulfur will lower soil pH.

And we don't know what type of water is being used.
Yeah, I have a good write up in my signature. Need to make sure it’s the ascorbic acid type. I use the pure powder form.

Yeah, I have a good write up in my signature. Need to make sure it’s the ascorbic acid type. I use the pure powder form.
Didn't we have this covo the other day....possibly after I ate some cookies??
Lol

Unfortunately you received incorrect information. FFHF, as VG said, has buffers built in. That’s why they have been doing fine up to now.

If you are using synthetic nutes, you need to pH 6.2-6.5 AFTER mixing your nutes.

If you’re using recharge, one would imply you are not using synthetic nutes, and are feeding your myca and other bacteria’s in the soil.

If you are running Recharge, organics, or compost teas... there’s no need to pH as long as you aren’t too far out of range with your water since you are feeding the bacteria in your soil, not the plant.

If you are brewing teas, I’d recommend getting as pure as water as possible. Not tap as the chlorine/chloramine kills you myca.
I'm using mega crop for nutes and mykros on the root ball when transplanting, after correcting my ph and upping the MC they are looking good just transplanted into 5gal fabric pots

I'm using mega crop for nutes and mykros on the root ball when transplanting, after correcting my ph and upping the MC they are looking good just transplanted into 5gal fabric pots
I’m still new to MC, but I don’t think you need to use myca with it, nor do you need to pH.
Let’s see if we can get @Emilya to chime in in the subject.

I’m still new to MC, but I don’t think you need to use myca with it, nor do you need to pH.
Let’s see if we can get @Emilya to chime in in the subject.
I only use it when transplanting, I just sprinkle it on the root ball, on my biggest plant I mixed it in the dirt I layers cant really say for sure that its growing g better because of that but sure they all seem to like it

I only use it when transplanting, I just sprinkle it on the root ball, on my biggest plant I mixed it in the dirt I layers cant really say for sure that its growing g better because of that but sure they all seem to like it
I do the same. I use Great White Mica.

Back
Top Bottom