I think my pH is low 5.5

Wulves

This basically happened in 48 hrs.
Everything was fine.
This is a Northern Lights in it's preflowering stage I assume.
I took a reading the run off was 5.5 PH
I have not given any Nutes
It's in a Happy Frog 3gal pot.
I was going to start some feeding now on all of the 3 plants all Pre Flowering
This is the only one showing this.
My question is
It is the PH obviously.
So I raise the PH to get it right but I just watered all of them today.
Genius .
So now what do I do with them.
If this is having a PH issue the other two will also .
But their watered today .
Thanks

Attachments

• 20190403_185316.jpg
    20190403_185316.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 90
I'll take a shot at this. I have been reading these forums for over a year and I believe you locked out the calcium and magnesium with the low ph. Bring your pH back up to normal and the plant should start intaking cal-mag again. But those leaves won't recover. If I'm wrong someone please straighten me out. I enjoy this learning

You are adding ph down last after everything correct?

And what are you ph ing it to?
6.3-.6.5 is good spot .

I'll take a shot at this. I have been reading these forums for over a year and I believe you locked out the calcium and magnesium with the low ph. Bring your pH back up to normal and the plant should start intaking cal-mag again. But those leaves won't recover. If I'm wrong someone please straighten me out. I enjoy this learning
Nope sounds about right bud

I was going to bring it up to 6.0 to 6.2
But if you all feel it should be up more let me know.
But I read PH up is not as strong as PH down.
So I need to add at least 0.5 more to get it to at least 6.0
And see how the baby responds.
Problem is their watered today .
So how would I even pull off another watering tomorrow with the PH up?

With soil under 6.5 is a NO NO. 6.7 6.8 happy plants. 6.3 is right where cal/mag starts locking out. Changing Ph up and down levels stress plants as well set and keep consistent is key. Use recharge with nutes and never Ph again....
:passitleft:

You should be fine until next feed ..

Then I would look up ph for soil ? google uptake chart for soil cannnis plants you will see a graph that shows what needs to be uptake for the plants to thrive . Good root system it’s really all about feeding the roots what it needs and keeping them healthy .

Download this chart and study. If you notice the left side is hydroponics in the right side is soil oh, you need the soil side I assume.

Attachments

• pH_chart72.jpg
    pH_chart72.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 86
Download this chart and study. If you notice the left side is hydroponics in the right side is soil oh, you need the soil side I assume.
We on same page I think :passitleft:

Not to step on Joe's toes, but get your water PH to 6.5 and water them again. It'll kind of be like a flush but they'll get the correct pH sooner than later. Those leaves look pretty trashed out to me

Not to step on Joe's toes, but get your water PH to 6.5 and water them again. It'll kind of be like a flush but they'll get the correct pH sooner than later. Those leaves look pretty trashed out to me
Listen to him I’m learning still and that makes sense now I think about it

Thanks everyone.
So in short do you all suggest to raise my PH to 6.5 ?
Then start giving them Cal-Mag
to prevent this from reoccuring?
Or just raise the PH so the plant will have access to the Cal-Mag locked away ?
Sorry if I sound stupid but this is my first grow.
For medicinal purposes.
And I so sick the last two weeks I'm not on my game.
Thanks.

Those are good questions. I would say add calmag and pH your water to 6.5 and water them tonight until you get 20% runoff. I have read several times where they say it's hard to overfeed calmag but don't go crazy with it, follow the instructions on the bottle. If somebody else has a better idea please chime in

Those are good questions. I would say add calmag and pH your water to 6.5 and water them tonight until you get 20% runoff. I have read several times where they say it's hard to overfeed calmag but don't go crazy with it, follow the instructions on the bottle. If somebody else has a better idea please chime in
Thank you George. :peace:

With soil under 6.5 is a NO NO. 6.7 6.8 happy plants. 6.3 is right where cal/mag starts locking out. Changing Ph up and down levels stress plants as well set and keep consistent is key. Use recharge with nutes and never Ph again....
:passitleft:
How does recharge make it so you dont have to test your ph? I just got my ph tester today (day 33 from seed) and iv been using water with a 5.8 ph in FFOF soil
Screenshot_20200209-073225_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20200209-073205_Messenger.jpg
but my plant have been doing good just starting to see some deficiencies, I didnt use recharge but I did use mykros

How does recharge make it so you dont have to test your ph? I just got my ph tester today (day 33 from seed) and iv been using water with a 5.8 ph in FFOF soil

I will keep my answer very short and simple. So by adding stuff like recharge it puts a bunch of beneficial bacteria's that break down the nutes you put into the soil. Then the plant can take up all the processed nutes that the beneficial bacteria's broke down. Now without the beneficial bacteria's the plants need ph levels to be close to what they need to uptake the nutes to process them. Some soils also buffers ph as well but over time lose that ability to do so when in pots. Another thing I will add, in most cases when adding nutes it will lower ph levels. When adding recharge it raises ph levels. So you could also test your level with only nutes then test with a 1/2 tsp of recharge or so until you see 6.5 range which really does not matter but nice to know where its at. I have not done ph testing in a very long time. With my nutes my ph was around 5.8 - 6.0 with 1/2 tsp of recharge added it was at 6.5 but again no real need with the beneficial bacteria's doing there jobs. I will also add another reason I have been using recharge for so long is it also has kelp and molasses in it. Hope I did not drag on to long. Rake care wish you all the best.

Testing run off does nothing except confuse new growers. To see what your soil pH is you would have to perform a slurry test. This would be 2 parts distilled water to 1 part soil. There are tutorials on YouTube.

Fox farms buffers at between 6.3- 6.8. You will want your feed in that window if you are pHing.

You said that you assume that it is in preflower...are these autoflower??

Happy frog is a mild soil. Your girls should have been fed before this. What do you have for nutes??

Screenshot_20200209-073225_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20200209-073205_Messenger.jpg
but my plant have been doing good just starting to see some deficiencies, I didnt use recharge but I did use mykros
Unfortunately you received incorrect information. FFHF, as VG said, has buffers built in. That’s why they have been doing fine up to now.

If you are using synthetic nutes, you need to pH 6.2-6.5 AFTER mixing your nutes.

If you’re using recharge, one would imply you are not using synthetic nutes, and are feeding your myca and other bacteria’s in the soil.

If you are running Recharge, organics, or compost teas... there’s no need to pH as long as you aren’t too far out of range with your water since you are feeding the bacteria in your soil, not the plant.

If you are brewing teas, I’d recommend getting as pure as water as possible. Not tap as the chlorine/chloramine kills you myca.

Unfortunately you received incorrect information. FFOF as VG said, has buffers built in. That’s why they have been doing fine up to now at 5.8
If you are using synthetic nutes, you need to pH 6.2-6.5 AFTER mixing your nutes.

If you’re using recharge, one would imply you are not using synthetic nutes, and are feeding your myca and other bacteria’s in the soil.

If you are running Recharge, organics, or compost teas... there’s no need to pH as long as you aren’t too far out of range with your water since you are feeding the bacteria in your soil, not the plant.

If you are brewing teas, I’d recommend getting as pure as water as possible. Not tap as the chlorine/chloramine kills you myca.
BTW... I’ve used Recharge and wasn’t the slightest bit impressed with the product.
Are you using straight water only?

Back
Top Bottom