Ice Cream Punch: 100% Coco

Nice save Rich :high-five: That... right there , is why coco and hydro is so great. Beautiful healthy plant again..... How much longer are you planning to veg this beast ? She's gonna be Huuuuuuge:headbanger:
Today is day1 of flower. I didn't want to start week 1 with a lockout so i held off as long as i could. I'm still seeing a magnesium deficiency on some of the plants, makes me wonder if the LEDs require the plant to have more mag. I feed the outdoor plants same nutes/substrate and they don't have any purple in stems or petiole.

I noticed some spider mites on the Papaya cake so i foliar Sprayed all with SMC (growth technology) at 8ml/L.

Also noticed some little buggers in the substrate but I'm not sure on exact species, little white dots running around the pot after i irrigated. I had fungus gnats the last time i did dwc, could be them. Anyway i irrigated the plants like normal, and when i got runoff i filled up another watering can and added 5ml/10L of aptus soil attack. And gave them this to hopefully kill whatever bugs are in the substrate.

Here's an update from week one of flower. This plant has amazing growth potential compared to other strains. For example one of the strains i like, OGKZ grows at a much slower pace and doesn't stretch much.

Where as the ICP roots vigorously and grows very fast in veg, and doubles in size during flowering.

I switched over from aqua flakes to flora nova bloom as i was running low, and had an unopened gallon of flora nova bloom in storage.

So nutrient wise week 1-2 I'm going to be using silica, calmag (0.4), FNB(1.2), hesi boost, at 1.6 E.C and 5.9pH, increasing the E.C by 0.1 each week until 1.8 and remain at that level until the flush.

Now I've had a chance to see the plant grow and based off information it's a 56 day strain, I've calculated how i am going to feed each week.

Week 3 - use up the last of the Plagron green sensation bottle, last week of hesi boost

Week 4 - start H&G bud xl for resin production (good results with this before) use Plagrons cheap pk 13-14. Introduce 'secret booster'. Drop silica as the pk13-14 is alkaline and is a strong pH up (same as silica).

Week 5 - same base of calmag, flora nova bloom. Additives are H&G bud xl, pk13-14, 'secret booster' .

Week 6 - flush using 0.3 solution containing only calcium and pH adjusted between 5.7-6.

Week 7 - same as week 6

Week 8 - same as week 7.

So if all goes to plan, that's my plan. Depending on how the plant matures if she looks like she needs an extra week of nutrients then i would replicate week 5 instead of going to the flush.

Hey guys, another update on the ICP. The first few weeks of flowering went smoothly, the plant continued to stretch and create nodes for future budsites.

The plant after the stretch was 1.3m tall from the substrate.

Well that's all done and dusted. Final yield 333g, 0.77g/watt. The smoke itself is very nice, a relaxing body stone with minimal mental stimulation. Good to have for helping going to sleep or when you want to relax and not think much.

Day 47 of flower i noticed a dead leaf from one of the main buds, i instantly recognised it as botrytis and chopped that section off. As the fungus starts at the stem you won't see any outward sign until the inside buds turns to candy floss.

Suffice to say i panicked and chopped down all main colas, inspected all the buds then trimmed them. Luckily it was only that 1 top cola that i lost.

I left the rest of the plant until day 55 then chopped and trimmed all of that.

Growing her again i would try feeding a week extra, so stopping at the end of week 6. Also I've noted that this plant does not like pH 5.5/5.6. When i had her turn lime green awhile ago her previous feed was 5.6.
Now I'm growing up cuttings of her, and i fed at 5.6 and then noticed 3days later problems with the tips, like micronutrient deficiency. Tested the pH of the rootzone and it was 5.6.

So this plant prefers more 5.8-6.1

Back
Top Bottom