DannyP's First Grow: Ice Cream Cake - Looking For Any Grow Tips

DannyP

First timer, getting into the hobby very enthusiastically. Haven’t been this excited about something since the first time I held a fishing rod. Looking for any tips from other growers about the ice cream cake strain. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 33688A5A-000F-4E75-8424-A4D526AFC72B.jpeg
    33688A5A-000F-4E75-8424-A4D526AFC72B.jpeg
    782.4 KB · Views: 329
Hey Danny. Just wanted to wish you a warm WELCOME to 420magazine.

We are basically a friendly bunch here, always willing to lend a hand with advice about growing and much else to do with marijuana.

There are many different threads. Don't be worried about following any of them and chiming in whenever you've got something to add. And that's the way you will make friends here: by participating. The more you participate the more people will be able to get to know you.

Read the post on how to start a grow journal. The more info we have about your grow the more we can help you.

So again...WELCOME to 420magazine!

:yahoo: :welcome: :Namaste: :ciao: :adore: :yahoo::welcome:

All my best,
~Magnus

Welcome Danny, nice plants!
Thanks for the welcome and the links to information. I just started growing and am loving it. I set up a 5x5x7 tent with with a HLG 650R for lighting. Ac/infinity 6” exhaust/charcoal Filter in the top corner ports for exhaust, and two 10 inch honeywell fans In the Bottom corner ports for intake. A small 6 inch clip on fan hanging above the lights cooling the driver. This light is a beast. It almost killed one of the plants when I upgraded from my first light. I have 4 plants growing inside, ice cream cake , gelato , scouts honour and GMO are the strains. I’m feeding with GH flora micro, gro and bloom with a shot of cal mag. I’m correcting the ph from 8 at the tap, to 6.2 ish. Something I just recently started to do. One of my early mistakes. Been vegging them for 5 weeks, just getting ready to switch them to flower as they are getting pretty big. Any tips on products to help the flower process or just stick with the three part from GH ?

Thanks for the welcome and the links to information. I just started growing and am loving it. I set up a 5x5x7 tent with with a HLG 650R for lighting. Ac/infinity 6” exhaust/charcoal Filter in the top corner ports for exhaust, and two 10 inch honeywell fans In the Bottom corner ports for intake. A small 6 inch clip on fan hanging above the lights cooling the driver. This light is a beast. It almost killed one of the plants when I upgraded from my first light. I have 4 plants growing inside, ice cream cake , gelato , scouts honour and GMO are the strains. I’m feeding with GH flora micro, gro and bloom with a shot of cal mag. I’m correcting the ph from 8 at the tap, to 6.2 ish. Something I just recently started to do. One of my early mistakes. Been vegging them for 5 weeks, just getting ready to switch them to flower as they are getting pretty big. Any tips on products to help the flower process or just stick with the three part from GH ?

Attachments

• 96C9821E-6F04-424A-ADF9-124540108443.jpeg
    96C9821E-6F04-424A-ADF9-124540108443.jpeg
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 253
  • 05607980-9B25-4469-9714-E6FD2C8A18EA.jpeg
    05607980-9B25-4469-9714-E6FD2C8A18EA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 266
  • 29C0F4C5-AE48-45D8-B1B8-8847A59B4DB2.jpeg
    29C0F4C5-AE48-45D8-B1B8-8847A59B4DB2.jpeg
    976.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 6A922C47-9798-4A0E-A37D-4B261CA22FEC.jpeg
    6A922C47-9798-4A0E-A37D-4B261CA22FEC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 262
  • 3828AF6A-E521-4AF9-9F1E-4D05B893E03F.jpeg
    3828AF6A-E521-4AF9-9F1E-4D05B893E03F.jpeg
    723 KB · Views: 303
  • 6F62B611-D341-4D36-9EEF-E38A9E30C71D.jpeg
    6F62B611-D341-4D36-9EEF-E38A9E30C71D.jpeg
    836.8 KB · Views: 288
Welcome and nice plants, u doing any topping or training?
I tried to top the gelato but I think I stunted it’s growth. It hasn’t grown at all in weeks. I also experimented with some bending using anchors on the scouts honour. That worked out ok. It branches out pretty good instead of up. I haven’t touched the ice cream cake though. It’s my unicorn. I pulled the seed miraculously from one of the nicest buds I’ve ever seen when breaking it up to roll it. Lol. I even went so far as to buy an EZclone machine to try and keep that strain in my tent for a while. Just waiting for amazon to deliver the damn thing

Thank you. I figured if I was gonna get into it , I should at least get good equipment. It’s the first thing to get me super interested and want to learn more about in a long time. I feel like a kid again. I’ve been soaking up as much information as my brain can handle for weeks.

Very nice equipment, is it one of the ac/infinity ones with the smart controls? Just set ur temp and rh range and for get about it
My exhaust system has the option for a temp controller, it’s just sold separately. I’m gonna buy it and get it set up. I’m still putting it all together. Buying things one at a time. I almost have everything I need now. Couple more things to purchase and I’ll be good to go.

Thank you . I made a few mistakes early on but through reading books, watching videos and Talking to other growers, I was able to correct the problems that I caused and the plants bounced back beautifully. In the beginning all my stems were dark purple, now after correcting the PH levels and adding cal mag to my nutrient solution, the stems are looking green and healthy once again.

:welcome: @DannyP plants looks great. Only thing i can add to your list is the plant abuse chart that can be found in my signature. You are doing great tho. Keep it up! :thumb:

Hey Dan and welcome, I'm a newbie grower myself so I'm learning loads too, only tip I can give you is...in your set up you didn't mention a fan on the plant itself. I've found the difference a breeze making the plant jiggle has is immense, makes the trunk and stems so much thicker and sturdier. :thumb: :passitleft:

Ya, I’m gonna get an oscillating tower fan to blow air on the plants themselves. As far as air flow , there is a sight positive pressure in the tent itself. When I open the viewing ports, air rushes out pretty good. The tent itself balloons a little bit as well. I had to open the port on the bottom right side half way just to relieve the pressure a bit so the tent won’t blow up. Lol

Back
Top Bottom