Ice?

2legs

In the old west they had what they called an icebox. At that time it was just a box that you put a block of ice in to keep things cool. But without electricity how did they get the ice? This is a good question for TheOldGuy.....

2legs said:
In the old west they had what they called an icebox. At that time it was just a box that you put a block of ice in to keep things cool. But without electricity how did they get the ice? This is a good question for TheOldGuy.....
This is actually a quite simple question to answer. They didn't have electricty in the days of the old west, they deffinitly didn't have any natural ice sitting around they could use, but they did have the horse drawn wagon. The horse drawn wagon would be insulated so the ice wouldn't melt, and they would get their ice from ice manufactures, or cut from natural frozen rivers or creeks.

didnt they put stuff in a fridge type thing and put it like in a lake or something crazy like that?

RolandDaPirate said:
didnt they put stuff in a fridge type thing and put it like in a lake or something crazy like that?

Now that is the first good idea I have heard. A buddy of mine said that transported as Dank420 said but packed it in saw dust. I don't know it is just one of those questions that pops in your head when it has been 420Time..

In Jamaica. You can go and buy a block of ice and you would have to transport it home, yourself. Some street venders would use a planner and shave the ice into to a baggie. Pour some syrup over it and sold it as a frozen treat. If you ever been there. You would know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom