Indoor Auto White Widow With ItsTommyGunnz

maybe some droplets formed from misting the plant and thats a lensing effect burn ? i have no clue friend but she will pull through from the looks of it ... remember my nemo flipper sprout ?

That's what I was thinking too, seems to be the only explanation for it.
Just hope it didn't stress her too much in these early days, she may be set back a bit because of it. Got to be more careful from here on!
Thinking of how nicely that nemo sprout of yours bounced back, I hope she does the same because of it been an Auto I don't want to lose time in the veg period. .

Day 2
420-magazine-mobile968530887.jpg

I was cleaning outside yesterday and I was surprised to see one of my random shit seeds had broke surface.

First off the seed didn't even germinate for me but I decided to throw it into the bucket anyway. I was not expecting anything to happen especially with all the rain we've been having and with the low temps outside.

Here's a pic, I will probably just throw this away when it's done as it will more than likely be very bad but this is going to be a fun experiment to see how it does on its own in this type of environment.

I didn't think it would even sprout so i ain't going to underestimate her anymore as she grows.

420-magazine-mobile165451608.jpg
420-magazine-mobile215551705.jpg

Also I will post a pic of the WW later, she's on day 3 today.

on occasion random shit seeds can yield amazing weed ... they just have a higher chance for complications during the grow ... but look at it like this: ... it's not because you have a higher chance to win the lottery that it automatically means that you will actually win ...

another example ... some bagseeds come from a nanner that developed because it was harvested to late ( infact many strains can actually do that) so you will end up with selfpollination which means you will get 100% females but because of the selfpollination it will also increase the chance that it will develop bananas when they are left alive untill beyond peak ripeness ... but what if you dont let her go to long ... youll end up with 100% female seeds that are likely to cause problems when left standing ... is that bad persay ?

id say let her do her thing, watch and learn ... who knows ... maybe she turns out to be a champ...

That's it spot on P, just going to let nature take its course and see what happens, just so surprised that she popped up, almost shocked actually. If she can make progress in this climate at such an early and delicate stage then surely she will be able to finish her whole life cycle out there. She is a good bit behind I planted her a week or 2 ago but that is to be expected with the conditions it's in. It's going to be cool just to watch her grow and maybe do some comparisons to the white widow inside.

Bad news lads. Yesterday my light fell down onto my little seedling, I think she had been stunted from the burn she got at the start too because she is very little compared to some older grows, just hope that this incident doesn't set her back anymore than what she has been already. More bad news, I dropped my phone yesterday and now all the screen got cracked and the touch isn't working which means I can't get any picture updates for you guys for a while that's also the reason I never done an update yesterday.

Moving on from the bad day I had yesterday, my baby is 6 days today, she will get 350ml of water later today pH 5.5-6.0 and I will also give some Cal-Mag at 0.2ml and then on Thursday, day 8 for Ms.White Widow if she has started to un-stunt herself and grow a bit I am going to start feeding her the Bio-grow and raise that cal-mag up to 0.4ml/0.5ml depending how she takes this first one.

Peace out guys, off to see if I can get this phone fixed!

the true leafs look abit pale ? or is that the light ?

Yeah they are pale alright. The leaves are growing a very light colour almost yellow, I was thinking since coco doesn't already have some nutrients in it like soil does and because of the cotyledons been almost withered that it could be crying out for nutes. I might give a low dose tomorrow. Also as you can see she definitely got stunted she's not looking like I want her too for 6 days old.

PLANT STATUS
Day: 7 above surface.
Phase: Seedling.

ENVIRONMENT
Temp: 24°C / 75°F.
RH: 50-60%

WATER/FEED
0.3ml Bio Grow, 0.5ml Cal-Mag mixed to 1litre of water pH 5.5-6.0, Run Off pH 5.5-6.0

NOTES
So first feed went well, she definitely got stunted by the looks of things. Hope she bounces back in next couple of days and starts to shoot up.
A few questions I do have for all you geniuses out there:

1. I had about 50-55% run off, is this normal/good/bad I usually hear people say 20% so is my baby still getting what she needs or is too much coming back out?

2. The run off pH wasn't much different to the pH put in just slightly higher, so what exactly does this mean and is it a good or bad thing?
420-magazine-mobile225421891.jpg
420-magazine-mobile954506707.jpg

the runoff is adviced with cocos because cocos holds massive amounts of water and to be sure that all the older water which is depleted of nutes is displaced by a fresh mix of nutes ... normally 20% should suffice, more is not bad just a waist of nutrients ;)

also cocos is very ph stable it may differ a few tenth but generally thats not so bad ... but if you say that you put in 5.5 and 5.8 comes out then id say thats spot on ... tapwater with nutrients dissolved can drift abit some ppl let tapwater rest for a day in a container to dechlorinate and let the ph settle ...

since one babyleaf is dead it was a good call to start feeding her ... but stay gentle with the strength untill she pulls through

the runoff is adviced with cocos because cocos holds massive amounts of water and to be sure that all the older water which is depleted of nutes is displaced by a fresh mix of nutes ... normally 20% should suffice, more is not bad just a waist of nutrients ;)

also cocos is very ph stable it may differ a few tenth but generally thats not so bad ... but if you say that you put in 5.5 and 5.8 comes out then id say thats spot on ... tapwater with nutrients dissolved can drift abit some ppl let tapwater rest for a day in a container to dechlorinate and let the ph settle ...

since one babyleaf is dead it was a good call to start feeding her ... but stay gentle with the strength untill she pulls through

Yeah pH goes in around 5.5-6.0 judging from litmus paper, and it is between them again with run off but it is slightly more close to the 6.0 so at least now I know the pH is working right for me as long as it stays stable it should be fine. I really have to invest in a pH pen there more accurate, less mess and faster to read.

I am using tap water pH comes out at around the 7.0 usually, I will start leaving the water overnight like you said, if it helps then its worth doing.

Yeah I knew that leaf looked miserable yesterday and even the 2 first leaves were almost yellow so i'd say she was definitely hungry.

By the looks of the coco after watering with 1 liter i'd say I will be watering every 2nd or 3rd day, it looks like it will take a while to dry but we'll see. I'm going to do a feed/feed/water pattern from here on.

When do you think I should start to raise nutes or shall I just wait and see how she takes these first few feeds?

Thanks for your quick responses too Pt, your a great helping hand in the gunnz's grow room!

with 1 l and that small a plant the cocos will stay moist for 10 days hehe... i know .... just give her a good bath in not to strong nutes every 3rd day and wait for her to do a bit better before you raise the dose ... thats what i would do ... get some light air currents to flow over her ( indirectly pointed fan at lowest setting ...)

and yes get a ph pen ... those indicator papers are not very precise or is it drops ??? if drops it should be bright yellow with a light green tinge ... when drops turn orange thats to low ... the papers i dont know ... just think about a pen for the ph and be done with lingering doubts ;)

with 1 l and that small a plant the cocos will stay moist for 10 days hehe... i know .... just give her a good bath in not to strong nutes every 3rd day and wait for her to do a bit better before you raise the dose ... thats what i would do ... get some light air currents to flow over her ( indirectly pointed fan at lowest setting ...)

and yes get a ph pen ... those indicator papers are not very precise or is it drops ??? if drops it should be bright yellow with a light green tinge ... when drops turn orange thats to low ... the papers i dont know ... just think about a pen for the ph and be done with lingering doubts ;)

Yeah my originial plan was to increase the water as time went by for example 200ml, 350ml, 500ml, 750ml and then 1l, next time I wont use as much water.

Just turned the fan on. It is the paper that I am using for the pH, although I do know the pH range is perfect once it is between the 5.5 and 6.0 I just can't get that accurate reading so I could be putting in 5.6 some days and maybe 5.9 other days. Going to pick up the pen during the week.

Back
Top Bottom