Indoor Grow: Northern Lights, Lemon OG Candy, Critical Kush, Mango, Kritical x Skunk

Medkit1620

420 Member
Hi guys welcome to my grow in progress.

So all the plants in my veg room right now are clones of plants in my flowering room. I'll start by breaking down my veg room set up.

Room
For my veg room I sectioned of an area about 216cm(width) x 230cm(depth) x 220cm(hight)

Lights
I have 2 600 watt HPS

Ventilation
I have two fans that are connected blowing air out together they move more than 700 cubic meters of air/hr. This might seem like overkill but i dont have an intake and the room shares an air supply with my flowering room and the larger non-growing space. I found this necessary to control temperatures as well as CO2 exchange.

Medium
So I grow in soil that I found locally and blended in about 30% perlight and 20% peat moss.

Strains Notes
Northern Lights- I have a very special attachment to this phenotype it was from my first grow and if you've seen my post "Little by little" you know that It almost died. I love the node spacing on this plant and its resistance to pests (I had a thrip infestation a month ago and out of all the girls she seemed to deal with them the best.)The stems tend to turn purple but it doesn't seem to affect the plant.
Mango- So this is interesting my friend bought some auto seeds and the genetics were completely unstable. Out of the five two seeds did not begin to flower even after 60 days so I did some research, and someone suggested that they might not have the rudarelia auto-flower trait. So I moved them into my flowering room I didn't like the looks of one of them so I just got rid of it but the other has turned out to be a pretty nice phenotype (lucky I took clones before flowering.)
20181106_013316.jpg
Kritical X Skunk- This strain seems to have some sort of genetic defect, but a friend of mine wanted to see what kind of buds it would have so I let it go.
20181107_172249.jpg
Lemon OG Candy- This strain is very leggy but the buds look amazing so the jury is still out on this one.
Critical Kush- I like everything about this one good node spacing fast growth and 2nd best trichome production(Northern Lights is 1st.) The one in my flowering room was hit hard by the thrips so I cant say for sure how the yield should be, this harvest is gonna be a bit small.
20181107_153040.jpg

Okay guys now I'm sure some of you are wondering "Why are there leaves in the pots?" Well when I started my first grow I wanted to do sustainable organic, but do to my ignorance I ran into a lot of problems so I switched to bottled nutes. Now I'm not against bottles in anyway they have improved my grow and I still use some, but I have been making attempts to reduce my reliance on them( largely to save on cost.) Now now I know some of you are thinking "your yields are gonna go down", and I'm sure they will but its all relative if i can reduce my cost by 30% maintain quality then even a 20% yield reduction would be okay. So back to the leaves I added worms to my soil and the leaves are necessary to create an environment for them too live. I feed them kitchen scraps and have to moisten the top layer daily( probably because I'm running lights 24/7; might go 18-6) so this defiantly has increased the amount of time I spend with the girls but I think we both enjoy it.

If you guys have any questions, comments or notes for me please feel free to share them with me.
Thanks guys and galls. Happy travels

Hi guys welcome to my grow in progress.

So all the plants in my veg room right now are clones of plants in my flowering room. I'll start by breaking down my veg room set up.

Room
For my veg room I sectioned of an area about 216cm(width) x 230cm(depth) x 220cm(hight)

Lights
I have 2 600 watt HPS

Ventilation
I have two fans that are connected blowing air out together they move more than 700 cubic meters of air/hr. This might seem like overkill but i dont have an intake and the room shares an air supply with my flowering room and the larger non-growing space. I found this necessary to control temperatures as well as CO2 exchange.

Medium
So I grow in soil that I found locally and blended in about 30% perlight and 20% peat moss.

Strains Notes
Northern Lights- I have a very special attachment to this phenotype it was from my first grow and if you've seen my post "Little by little" you know that It almost died. I love the node spacing on this plant and its resistance to pests (I had a thrip infestation a month ago and out of all the girls she seemed to deal with them the best.)The stems tend to turn purple but it doesn't seem to affect the plant.
Mango- So this is interesting my friend bought some auto seeds and the genetics were completely unstable. Out of the five two seeds did not begin to flower even after 60 days so I did some research, and someone suggested that they might not have the rudarelia auto-flower trait. So I moved them into my flowering room I didn't like the looks of one of them so I just got rid of it but the other has turned out to be a pretty nice phenotype (lucky I took clones before flowering.)
20181106_013316.jpg
Kritical X Skunk- This strain seems to have some sort of genetic defect, but a friend of mine wanted to see what kind of buds it would have so I let it go.
20181107_172249.jpg
Lemon OG Candy- This strain is very leggy but the buds look amazing so the jury is still out on this one.
Critical Kush- I like everything about this one good node spacing fast growth and 2nd best trichome production(Northern Lights is 1st.) The one in my flowering room was hit hard by the thrips so I cant say for sure how the yield should be, this harvest is gonna be a bit small.
20181107_153040.jpg

Okay guys now I'm sure some of you are wondering "Why are there leaves in the pots?" Well when I started my first grow I wanted to do sustainable organic, but do to my ignorance I ran into a lot of problems so I switched to bottled nutes. Now I'm not against bottles in anyway they have improved my grow and I still use some, but I have been making attempts to reduce my reliance on them( largely to save on cost.) Now now I know some of you are thinking "your yields are gonna go down", and I'm sure they will but its all relative if i can reduce my cost by 30% maintain quality then even a 20% yield reduction would be okay. So back to the leaves I added worms to my soil and the leaves are necessary to create an environment for them too live. I feed them kitchen scraps and have to moisten the top layer daily( probably because I'm running lights 24/7; might go 18-6) so this defiantly has increased the amount of time I spend with the girls but I think we both enjoy it.

If you guys have any questions, comments or notes for me please feel free to share them with me.
Thanks guys and galls. Happy travels
Hi Medkit, Looks huge! Northern lights was my first too. Still a favorite. I like your attitude on nutes. I 've been as organic as possible so far but I'm not locking myself in.

All the girls in the veg room seem to be booming.
20181109_203333.jpg

Taking cuttings from Northern lights today.\
20181109_203341.jpg

Harvesting top colas from mango,
20181106_013238.jpg

20181106_013248.jpg
Fast drying a little to test out (sometimes you have to):passitleft:Needs about a week more I think but was pretty nice energetic high.
20181109_195913.jpg

Doing a side by side of to NL plants in flowering room. Ones is getting its stem split today!!!:eek:o_O First time trying it let me know how i did.
20181109_204917.jpg

Mango madness going on in your place. Haven't split a stem but looks like you did a fine job. How are you going to judge it's effectiveness?

I have two northern lights in my flowering room both about a week from harvest. I stem split only one of them will do a side by side at end of week.

Hey guys pull up a seat. It has been a long week the girls are getting big and were getting them ready for flowering. This week we are trying some new things and having fun inside while the weathers cold outside. I got a glass of hot coco and it's story time.

Starting out this week we added some food scraps and wood shavings to the top of are pots. Worms seem to be doing well. The top layer of my soil is very fluffy these guys are doing a nice job. Helps the water get down deep.

I set up a drip irrigation system. Pump moves 60L/hr. I run it twice a day for 15 minutes. Cant let the soil get to dry because of the worms.

I'm misting them twice a day. Once a week with Kelp. Once a week with a corn sprout tea. The corn sprout tea is supposed to have enzymes that help with side branching and control stretch. Got 5 kilos of kernels for 2 bucks so we will have to see. After I misted with the corn sprout tea it left a white powder on the plants its slowly washing off tho.

We added some cages that I made from wood and some caging cost about 30 dollars.
20181114_231524.jpg
20181114_231541.jpg

Attachments

• 20181112_171049.jpg
    20181112_171049.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 88
Hey guys just thought id take this chance for a small update.

I have been having problems with my watering system. Cheap dripers getting clogged:confused: leading to un-even watering. I did not water plants yesterday I thought it would help the roots grow out.) Heart sank when i walked in today and three girls were almost dead:eek:. I watered everyone quickly and gave a misting of water to the leaves. They all perked up withing an hour. I ordered some little sprinklers last week hopefully I get them by weeks end.

I think I made a mistake using my corn sprout tea as a foliar spray. While the side branching has improved the starchy residue is not washing off:confused:.

One thing ill say this is my first grow using foliar sprays, and I'm noticing that even when I'm only using plain water the plants growth speed dose increase for a short time after a spray.:)

Hey guys haven't had a chance to update thing have been busy all week so I'm gonna hit you guys with a recap. My water system broke down on me and I have resorted to hand watering which has become the bane of my existenceo_O:rip:. theses girls are thirsty they need water daily I tried going without one day and walked into a horror show the next day.

The worms are doing a good job as far as I can tell. I haven't fed them in a while but I can still see them in there so.... moving on.

I prepped some soil for my next rotation just letting it cook now ( having a tough time deciding with the boss lady what to grow next:Namaste:) The clones from the Northern light are almost all done rooting.

I decided to get some new products from RAW I got there kelp, silica, and humic acid. I'd say its to early to tell if there working but the plants are doing great. I'm thinking of ordering there amino acids but I don't know if its worth it for me yet. Anyone try them?

I want to switch these girls into flower this week just not sure if ill have enough light.

Okay okay lets get to the pics.
20181124_203443.jpg
20181128_223859.jpg
20181124_203449.jpg
20181128_223911.jpg
20181123_153650.jpg
P.S. is this bug friend or foe I watched him for a while didn't seem to eat the leaves so I let em be.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom