Inquisitive mind here

Ballz

420 Member
Please advise I’m growing outdoors in SE Michigan and just about a week ago my plant started to have a regrow of sugar leaves ? What’s up with this should I harvest now? I’m running out of time. AK 47 auto

5047715D-6074-4B29-A704-6CD9A8FFB82E.jpeg

31E03481-F597-4CBB-95BD-A3CF1F8186BF.jpeg

921B48C5-335D-44DC-A5E8-8A02BABC26C2.jpeg

Nice looking plant, personally I would not worry about the plant growing additional leaves, I'm sure she has a good reason. When the tric's are ripe to your liking, then do your thing.
Spark up

Hey Ballz, I wouldn't worry about the new growth of sugar leaves. Plants can be almost done and then start throwing out fresh pistils again. I think @garybo summed it up well. Your girls look great in the pics but I prefer to look at closeups to see how the trichomes are doing, as well as the overall look when deciding when to harvest.

Good looking bud development there.

Please advise I’m growing outdoors in SE Michigan and just about a week ago my plant started to have a regrow of sugar leaves ?
And in the last two weeks the weather pattern in SE Michigan has dropped from daytime highs in the upper 70s to mid 80s down to low to mid 70s with sunny days up until last Saturday, the same day you posted the msg.

Better temps for growth and a lot of sunlight. The plant is reacting to better growing conditions and growing.

What’s up with this should I harvest now? I’m running out of time.
Why harvest now? If you have to, then do it. But not if you think the weather will kill the plants. This part of the state is still 2 weeks or more away from any chance of cold temperatures low enough for heavy frost. And, frost and light snow will not kill plants growing outside until the overnight temperatures drop into the low to mid 20s or what is called a "killing frost".

Hey Ballz, I wouldn't worry about the new growth of sugar leaves. Plants can be almost done and then start throwing out fresh pistils again. I think @garybo summed it up well. Your girls look great in the pics but I prefer to look at closeups to see how the trichomes are doing, as well as the overall look when deciding when to harvest.
Since my original question was posted I’m now seeing a few trichomes starting to turn amber with my 30x power magnifier.

Good looking bud development there.

And in the last two weeks the weather pattern in SE Michigan has dropped from daytime highs in the upper 70s to mid 80s down to low to mid 70s with sunny days up until last Saturday, the same day you posted the msg.

Better temps for growth and a lot of sunlight. The plant is reacting to better growing conditions and growing.

Why harvest now? If you have to, then do it. But not if you think the weather will kill the plants. This part of the state is still 2 weeks or more away from any chance of cold temperatures low enough for heavy frost. And, frost and light snow will not kill plants growing outside until the overnight temperatures drop into the low to mid 20s or what is called a "killing frost".
Oh yes for sure I’m going to wait now that I know the regrow is just from our beautiful sunny fall weather. Trichromatic amber is just now poking through.

Just here to /wave hi to another se michigander. I agree we have at least a couple weeks before frost, and these plants don't even mind a very soft frost. But also honestly I feel like our weather has been so odd this year that maybe it isn't smart to 'expect the usual' right now. (not helpful, I know, sorry)

But I also honestly I feel like our weather has been so odd this year that maybe it isn't smart to 'expect the usual' right now.
Some oddities, for sure. I have the feeling that the fires out west had something to do with it. Extra smoke particles in the upper atmosphere to catch and attach water molecules causing the heavy rains to turn into extra heavy rains.

Looks like the 'original poster' has wandered off after two days.

The Michigan weather has been great since the beginning of the month and today is another mid-70s. Yes, there is a good chance of normal to slightly below normal daytime highs and night time lows by the weekend, but next week will be warm again.

Sometimes I wonder if the last couple of weeks of cool to cold fall weather causes the plant to produce hormones that kick start the final maturing of the buds. The final 2 weeks or so when the buds put on that weight that so many growers want to see.

"Let the buds put on weight" & "Let the trichomes grow and mature"

Back
Top Bottom