Insider 2009 Afghani, Big bang, White widow, Pure gold

yea, i was about that far, and F*CKED UP! haha, but i'm a newbie. I just started germinating a few new seeds yesterday, got my own grow journal. I accidentally put the light too close to the leaves at the point ur at, and burnt the shit out of the plant. It might still be alive, so i'm letting it grow till i know for sure it's dead. we'll see! i'm sure you know what ur doin, but good luck with it. I'm growin an afghani cross, so i'll be checkin back here to see how that one does :)

Sorry to hear UntamedFox, i move my light gradualy closer just to see how the plants like it, wont go closer than 30cm before they got some more leaves.
im quite a noob too, had one harvest before. Had some afghans and i enjoyed them a lot, very calming and relaxing smoke, thats why i chose them again, Sent a mail to Greenhouse seeds and asked them to find me a suitable strain (medical purposes) and big bang was their suggestion, thats why its in this grow.

Ordered a hygrometer today, the one i got is broken. Still not gona do anythin about RH but sure wanna watch it.

Nothin much, just pics from tonight.
Doesnt show good on the pics but next set of leaves are on their way on most of them.

01_290109.jpg

02_290109.jpg

:peace:

I read about it in Ed Rosenthals growers handbook, he means a soilgrow is hard to overwater cause the water drains away.

Suddenly i remembered a thread about most common mistakes in growing, one of them was overanalyzing :)

Heres pics from tonight, are these overwatered, thats what i think but i have veery little experience, what do you pros think?

Heres an afghan
afg300109.jpg

Heres a big bang
bb300109.jpg

Heres the ww with broken leaves it tilted completely
ww300109.jpg

Luckily i havent watered all of them at once, only the ones i thought seemed dry so i still have some healthy lookin plants.

they are a bit droopy. the color is good, i'd wait a few days to water again, wait till the first inch or so of the soil is dry before you water again

The afghan came right back again, lookin good now, big bang still droopy, the ww i gues has more problems than overwatering :)
Youre right UntamedFox, ill be more carefull checkin the soil before watering from now on.

The ww with broken leaves didnt make it, it only had the taproot and no rootgrowth other than that.
So im down to 1 pure gold 2 big bangs (droopy right now, hope at least 1 of them makes it, 2 white widows and 4 afghans.

it's okay, that's why we have backups! haha, a tough lesson i learned this past week! I got three starting now :)

Yea its ok, i was to hardhanded remocing the seedshell, thats why it was broken, then the overwatering finnished the job :)

Im following your grow closely, exiting.

i wish i was where ur at as far as time, i'm a week behind schedule now! i think i'm gonna do 19/5 instead of 18/6 for my plants this week, make them think it's the middle of summer... haha

Your gona catch up :)

Feel like somethin is failing badly , they just dont seem very healthy.
This big bang is the worst one, heres a pic of it and its soil:

bb310109.jpg

algae_bb310109.jpg

Ill just keep updating this disaster :) hope i and others can learn sumthin from it.

yea, saw the pix in the other thread. lay off the water for a few days, and it should recover nicely

Hoi
Original plan was to repot directly from those cups into final 2 1/2 gallon pots, changed my mind today. Repotted into 1 gallon pots instead, thought i do it the same way as my last grow cause that worked out fine, why change sumthin that aint broken :)
Anyways the cups were full of roots so i guess it was about time, ill post sum pics tomorrow.

Hoi
Another change of plan, originaly i was only gona do the toweltrick for humidity. When i was repotting, sittin by the entrance to the box my RH meter went up to 13% :) i thought it was broken but truth is its been under 10% all the time. Hung a wet towel in there and it dried completely in about half an hour.
So humidifier is now running close to the intake, RH between 50-60% night time, daytime im yet to find out but i bet it goes very low.

Heres a pic of the repotted girls, big bang still droopin but i think she gona make it.

010209.jpg

Hoi

Hi pan4gold49, i tried 3 different humidifiers, none of them did a good job when lights are on, lights out and RH is 50-60%, when lights and exhaustion go on it drops in a minute or two to under 10%, i still leave the humidifier on cause i think its better than nothing. Could you tell me the model name of that vapor machine so i could check it out?

Heres todays pic, not much change, im a little nervous about watering now but i think ill have too soon. Should i water the whole pot or only close to the plants?

020209.jpg

I do it only close to the plant when they are that small, u really wanna aim for where the roots are. and it's just a quick watering, not enough to flood the soil. at least that's what I've been told around here

Back
Top Bottom