Insider 2009 Afghani, Big bang, White widow, Pure gold

Hoi
Got an idea in my fight for humidity :)

Did it like this, made a additional waterproof bottom to the existiing one, made a cage to have my pots on and then poured water in there, not up to the pots but enough to cover the bottom.
Dont know the effect yet but it cant get worse i think.

bottom2.jpg

Did it like this cause i dont have room for waterbuckets in there.
Now im wondering if this is bad in some way? if it is ill remove it.

:peace:

with that system, you can almost have a wick watering system. look up "wick watering" systems, they allow easy watering.

Hoi
looked it up :) Im only lookin to add humidity, the water on the bottom of the growroom wont be frash for a long time, when plants get bigger and i start givin proper waterings im gona have some runoff that i thought of leavin there, think it would add humidity but i wouldnt water with it.
Thanks for the info though, could be good for emergencies if you have to be gone for a few days, with fresh water though, not runoff :)

I think that maybe that is a good way to increase humidity. Or a cool mist vaporizer from walmart.Or both. They can put gallons of water into the air, and you know the hot lights do burn it off quickly. Since you have a reader you can experiment , just dont keep them babies soggy all the time either. Remember that convection will dehydrate your babies. Things you move the air with will dry their environment. Think convection oven...

Hi fineas
I am using both at the monent, lights and exhaust off humidity climbs to 50-60%, i only have the exhaust goin 5min every hour during darkhours to change the air in there. My indoor air in the house is under 10%.

If i could go to 10-15% durin lights on id be happy :)

Hoi
The experimental waterfloor seems to do some good. Light went on 45 mins ago and theres still 21% humidity, at lightsoff the highest was 77%, i know its too much but i only have to run the extractor a little longer to get that adjusted.
If nothin else works ill have to run the humidifier on full but then i have to refill every 12h.

Heres todays pic, the leaves of the big bangs have not straightened but new growth seems fine.

030209.jpg

Nice Insider, sounds like ur getting the grow room under control. I'm still workin on mine, tryin to get all the little things adjusted. The seeds are sprouting, but nothing significant. good job

Good luck brother on your little babies. I still worry to death about all my baby plants. But I am a nurturer and quite possibly I have nurtured some to death. But from what I have seen you do so far you are trying to maintain a good environment for your babies and that is what they need to grow properly.
May the force be with you

Nice Insider, sounds like ur getting the grow room under control. I'm still workin on mine, tryin to get all the little things adjusted. The seeds are sprouting, but nothing significant. good job

Thanks. seeds are sprouting, now thats good news, like our friend fineas states here, they are easy to nurture to death, i killed 6 seedlings last grow cause i was impatient :) try as much you can to keep your hands of, i know how hard it is :).
My last grow fought high temps , this one is a war for humidity. I guess next one gona be about perfect ph or sumthin :)

Good luck brother on your little babies. I still worry to death about all my baby plants. But I am a nurturer and quite possibly I have nurtured some to death. But from what I have seen you do so far you are trying to maintain a good environment for your babies and that is what they need to grow properly.
May the force be with you

Nurtured to death ROFL, thats becoming a speciality of mine too :)

Put the humidifier on max, now got a steady RH a little over 30%, im satisfied with that, temp is 25c with the 400w 30cm from plants.
Now im trying to connect two 10l buckets to the humidifier so i dont have to refill every 10-12h.

Hoi
Humidifier is a pain i couldnt attach the 10l buckets, water all over:), it dont even last 12h, 9-10h and i got to refill. Its only a 4 liter tank. I ordered 3 new ones with a 9,5 liter tank each, its got three speed settings, figured id run them all on lowest speed and they should last at least 24h.

Did some reading about humidity and it seems low humidity can completely stunt growth?? true? make buds and leaves crispy?

Well heres some pics, do they look ok to be two weeks from seed tomorrow?

Heres the droopy Big bang, imo new growth looks better.

018_040209bb.jpg

Heres a white widow, light green in the middle? defo not overwatered, didnt water when repot on saturday, The soil was a bit moist already.

020_040209ww.jpg

And heres an afghan, the afghans seem to take low humidity best of these strains, also lightgreen new growth, what could it be? normal maybe?

019_040209a.jpg

Got a new RH meter today, placed it together with my old one in the livingroom, after a few hours the old one went below 10% and showed -- (its a digital one), the new one (analog) showed 32%. Now i put them in sealed plasticbags together with a small cup of wet salt, in 10-12 hours ill see which one is best calibrated.

Heres todays pic, still havent watered and they seem to do fine.

021_050209.jpg

Calibration of RH meters done, the old one 20% off :) showing 55% when it shoulda been 75%, new one 2% off showing 73%.
I been stressing humidityissues for no reason :)
Luckily the three humidifiers i ordered isnt sent yet.

Got it rolin good now (at last) humidity stable at 50% night and day, temp stable 25c day and 20c night.
I had two inches of dry soil so i watered today, first time since repot 6 days ago. They didnt bend over and die :)

Heres todays pic, second set of three edged leaves :)

022_060209.jpg

good job buddy! ur a ways ahead of me, probably a week.

Thnks four20friend , maybe next year or so ill try a hydrogrow like yours, now that i started gettin the basic stuff right.

Thanks Fox, you all guys make a bad day better.
Come to think of it, i dont know about the speed of growth but the internodespace is way better than first grow, really tight this time (so far)

Everything perfect, growin good, temps and rh good, they liked yesterdays watering :)
And im good too, a lot better than yesterday, seems im in sync with my grow :grinjoint:

Heres todays pic

023_070209.jpg

Back
Top Bottom