New member: first grow!

CharazzWhite

420 Member
Hello guys, im trying out my first grow (Coco coir). Im in week 4.vegetative. Im using advanced nutrients A,B (for coco, ph perfect), vodoo juice and B-52. Everything in half dosage. Im using 400w hps/mh dual bulb in 120x120 box (gona switch for 600w, once my AC arrive). I just got into a little defs on my leafs. Im gona post few pictures here, hoping that enyone will gave me some tips and solutions. Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 71
I very appreciate your response. Thanks. So i dont have to worry about some leaves curling down and kinda "scars" on them?
Read the plant as a whole. If a few are like that I wouldn’t worry. With the AN line make sure your EC/PPM is on and PH is dialed in.

Welcome aboard the 420 family train. maybe think about up potting her. this is sometimes signalled by the plants with curling down tips. if you think of your canopy as a slower mirror of the roots. being rootbound makes them circle the pot and tighten up. Although coco is a great medium for being able to feed often for growth., the roots move through it very fast and build quick. a bigger pot ( 20L min) gives the best of both worlds . If when you post your pics you use the "full image" option , it will help get better pics to view. great start to the show. make a journal so folks can come along for the ride with you. plenty of eyes on the ball then.

It's Coco, not soil. You FEED Coco everyday (even twice a day if you can). You can't over water Coco.
Never just plain water. Nutes every time. pH of 5.8 for Coco. My last grow was in Coco with AN.
AN nutes are going to be expensive in Coco since you have to use nutes every time. It ran me over $150 for 6 plants but I added several more of the AN additives. Fed twice per day in Veg & 3 times a day in Flower.

It's Coco, not soil. You FEED Coco everyday (even twice a day if you can). You can't over water Coco.
Never just plain water. Nutes every time. pH of 5.8 for Coco. My last grow was in Coco with AN.
AN nutes are going to be expensive in Coco since you have to use nutes every time. It ran me over $150 for 6 plants but I added several more of the AN additives. Fed twice per day in Veg & 3 times a day in Flower.
That's why I asked if your in coco water twice a day the plants looked underwatered to

For next time, coco works even better in fabric pots. 3 gallon fabric would grow the same size plant as a 7 gallon hard container no problem in my estimation. And no worries about getting root bound.
Im gonna hit some fabric pots for next grow. Thank you mate

Looks like a overall healthy grow. Like others have said, with coco you want to water at minimum once a day and never give plain water (unless you're flushing, which I only recommend doing for 3 days in coco coir if you do it at all)

Doesn't matter if it's wet or not. You never want it to dry out completely ... Good & Moist at all times. Coco has NO NUTES at all. You have to feed often. When you feed you are also getting needed air to the roots. Coco grows are totally different then soil grows. It's much closer to DWC or Hydro in the way you treat things.

Think of it this way. When you feed; the plant uses up the nutrients it needs & leaves the excess salts behind. You want to wash them salts out so it doesn't throw your pH off so you feed again pushing out the salts & giving your plant fresh nutes & air again. Like I said before, You Can't Over Water Coco. Do you have CalMag in your line up? You will eventually need it when growing in Coco. Coco uses a lot of it. If you are using LED's you'll most likely need it sooner more than later. For some reason LED's have an effect when growing in Coco & cause Calcium Def. (Rusty Spots on leaves). If you start seeing that.... you need CalMag.

Think of it this way. When you feed; the plant uses up the nutrients it needs & leaves the excess salts behind. You want to wash them salts out so it doesn't throw your pH off so you feed again pushing out the salts & giving your plant fresh nutes & air again. Like I said before, You Can't Over Water Coco. Do you have CalMag in your line up? You will eventually need it when growing in Coco. Coco uses a lot of it. If you are using LED's you'll most likely need it sooner more than later. For some reason LED's have an effect when growing in Coco & cause Calcium Def. (Rusty Spots on leaves). If you start seeing that.... you need CalMag.
Thats very nice sayd. Thanks mate. Yes, i got CalMag rdy (i know coco may get hungry for cal/mag). My basic fertilizers contains cal/mag, so im just waiting if girls shows some cal/mag defs. And about my wrong watering (1liter every second day), if i split it, half - liter per girl two times a day, in period 1 liter per day? Or just increase the overal water amount?

Water / Feed every time till you get some run off. Doesn't matter if it takes a liter or a gallon. Whatever it takes to get run off is what matters. You can't over water it so it doesn't matter if you over water some because it will drain out fast enough with Coco.

Back
Top Bottom