Intro and Hello

GrumpsGrown

420 Member
I am not really Grumpy, it’s a nickname my grandkids gave me.

My wife and I have been growing cannabis for both medical and recreational uses since we retired and moved to the mountains during the pandemic. Our outdoor grows were comical at best, although the plants would provide us with enough herbal medicine to last a year.

We live in a temperate rain forest and typically get 100 to 120 inches of rain annually. After our last outdoor grow was reduced significantly by the humidity and mildew, I decided to try indoor cultivation. Trial and error was the method and after a few drowned and toasted seedlings, I successfully harvested four cannabis plants.

I also grow a few vegetables indoors and will be including a cannabis plant as part of these other grows. My next grow will be done as a grow journal here so I can track my progress and get some feedback from others on the forum. The amount of information and the community is what drew me to the 420Magazine Forum.

My wife and I have been growing cannabis for both medical and recreational uses since we retired and moved to the mountains during the pandemic. Our outdoor grows were comical at best, although the plants would provide us with enough herbal medicine to last a year.

We live in a temperate rain forest and typically get 100 to 120 inches of rain annually. After our last outdoor grow was reduced significantly by the humidity and mildew, I decided to try indoor cultivation. Trial and error was the method and after a few drowned and toasted seedlings, I successfully harvested four cannabis plants.

I also grow a few vegetables indoors and will be including a cannabis plant as part of these other grows. My next grow will be done as a grow journal here so I can track my progress and get some feedback from others on the forum. The amount of information and the community is what drew me to the 420Magazine Forum.
Welcome Grumps! This is an amazing place always chock full of info! Looking forward to your journal.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @GrumpsGrown

What kind of in door growing are you thinking about? Soil, water, or something else?
How big is your grow area?

I know you mentioned starting a grow journal, so here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Our outdoor grows were comical at best,
Cool! Got some stories to throw in. Me and my wife (& Co) have had loads of comedy moments!

Are you US based or elsewhere? I know places where I live with that climate - I’m in Thailand.

Nick

Welcome Mr grump's to the 420magazine family. Congratulations on your indoor harvest did you get any pictures? Everyone loves grow pics!
Looking forward to your journal on here give us a tag with the @myname when you get started ✌🏽

Welcome Grumps! This is an amazing place always chock full of info! Looking forward to your journal.
Thank you, I think I have only scratched the surface of info here.
What kind of in door growing are you thinking about? Soil, water, or something else?
How big is your grow area?
My current indoor setup is fabric grow bags with soil. I have a 3x3 tent and just added a second 2x2.5 tent to flower.
I am planning on a SIP grow next.
Are you US based or elsewhere?
US.
Welcome Mr grump's to the 420magazine family. Congratulations on your indoor harvest did you get any pictures? Everyone loves grow pics!
I did photograph the grow and will move some photos into the gallery.

Thanks again for the Welcome!

My current indoor setup is fabric grow bags with soil. I have a 3x3 tent and just added a second 2x2.5 tent to flower.

Check out rhat if you haven’t already! @Azimuth started it and a real community there!

Welcome to the @420 Magazine family @GrumpsGrown you definitely came to the right site for expert advice on growing cannabis. CL🍀:welcome::theband::cheer::party::420:

That’s a slam dunk there, very very nice
Thank you very much.
How long did your Durban Poison flower for?
I didn't record veg and flower times for the grow. The Durban and the Jack went just over 100 days from seed soak to harvest. That photo was taken about 2 weeks before the last two were cut down.

Lovely. Quite a while to harvest still? Super crop that talk poppy?

Nick

I commented on the photo rather than thread - still learning my plant reading eyes as noobie. Bit yep they looked two weeks out to me learner optics!

Nick

:thumb:

Ask away if you have any questions. It's been very successful for many growers and I have yet to hear of anyone disappointed they made the decision to try it.

Anyone else get that bug where “Insert Quote” disappears?
I haven't noticed it yet.

Hello grumps , I also live in a high rain area. Heavy hard thunderstorms wipe out a grow In a blink. Living in the swamp has advantages and disadvantages. But indoors I can control the environment.
My veggies are a month ahead of my neighbors, already pulling cucumbers and tomatoes.

Hello grumps , I also live in a high rain area. Heavy hard thunderstorms wipe out a grow In a blink. Living in the swamp has advantages and disadvantages. But indoors I can control the environment.
My veggies are a month ahead of my neighbors, already pulling cucumbers and tomatoes.
Learning to control the indoor environment is still challenging for me. I learn something new everyday. My veggies are behind schedule, but are ahead of growing outdoors. I can't plant anything outside until mid-May.

Back
Top Bottom