1080w LED Inferno

C'mon Man........WTF I'm late....:grinjoint:

Irish the girls look great

Thanks man, lucky the dude at the club hooked me up, he held some Hindu skunks for me and sure thing as i got their they were all gone but mine waiting for me.

i was real close to getting some Hawaiian Haze Goo clones, but didn't really want to change things up yet. i need to just focus on one strain at a time and learn all i can about it.

i showed them a nug of my XJ-13 and their mouths almost hit the floor. they didnt want to believe it was grown with leds. they were jocking my buds,lol

i showed them a nug of my XJ-13 and their mouths almost hit the floor. they didnt want to believe it was grown with leds. they were jocking my buds,lol

Check this bro...

I showed a few fellow growers at a companion club (that's all we have here in MI) your 600w 4 plant journal... All three growers use a 1000w HPS. Mind you these are 50+ year olds were talking about here. All three med patients only pull aprox 17-18 Z's from 6 girls using a 1000w hps with aprox 6 weeks veg time.

Dude your 600w LED grow is the talk of that club...

Here is the kicker......They use aprox 1180 (actual watts) per 1000w HPS when you include cooling and the ballast... You pulled 19.5 Z's with 4 girls and used aprox 800w when you include your extra cooling...:smokin:

I can't wait to show them this 1080w grow...:cool:

I bet you pull every bit of 30 Z's this time...

Check this bro...

I showed a few fellow growers at a companion club (that's all we have here in MI) your 600w 4 plant journal... All three growers use a 1000w HPS. Mind you these are 50+ year olds were talking about here. All three med patients only pull aprox 17-18 Z's from 6 girls using a 1000w hps with aprox 6 weeks veg time.

Dude your 600w LED grow is the talk of that club...

Here is the kicker......They use aprox 1180 (actual watts) per 1000w HPS when you include cooling and the ballast... You pulled 19.5 Z's with 4 girls and used aprox 800w when you include your extra cooling...:smokin:

I can't wait to show them this 1080w grow...:cool:

I bet you pull every bit of 30 Z's this time...

wow thats kick ass bro. I have a few 1000w friends that are tripping off of my 600w led also. my med club was telling me that they have been wanting to use leds for their clones but didnt do it because the results they seen from back in the day. they were blown away by the bud i showed them on how tight and dense it was and nothings but fat chunky buds. he told me he would have though HPS grown that for sure. these guys deal with HS and XJ-13 all the time and my would be their top shelve. feels good when others like my meds so much. the smoke from my 2 strains is no joke. now with mikes SLH thats going to be some crazy smoke! that thing is packed with resin. I couldn't Imagen toping my potency on this grow, thats a high bar to fill. but i think i can if i play my cards right, with these lights closer to my plants instead if 18-20" in flowering like my last grow. my main focus on this grow is to dial in these lights, and now since i have 3 of them i can try different heights and see whats works best.

Heres to show you why i named this grow the "INFERNO" this is a cool day over here. poor little girls already facing this heat on their 1st day. its just only going to get worse! much worse.

1st_day_temps_600x449.jpg

Hey Irishboy

Saw your LED comparison and 600w too. Bummed I got to it late (2 wks ago) but looks like I get in on a fresh journey.

FNG to this venue but had to join. 420 Magazine, RC51 CFL grow and your 2 previous write ups convinced me that this is THE place to learn.

New to artificial light sources (sunshine works great/no secret there) and I already benefitted from your sharing, (traditional lighting too hot). Looking forward to expanding my "season".

So congrats on your LED grows and fine journalism. You've done a great service for many like minded souls and saved us lots of cashola. Many tanks and keep up the good works.

KX808;)

Irishboy,
I'm looking forward to following your grow! Your last 2 have been excellent reads. Thanks for the great job you do (with your journals and your buds)!
:goodluck:

CO2, I hope?

Lots?

right on tor, that's using your noodle.

increased co2 + mucho usable light + high temps + good watering regimen = hella metabolic rate = grows big and fast.

GL irishboy. tell me again your space size and light setup. . . and why is it 100*? no ventilation? if that's the case i second tors suggestion again!

Hey Irishboy

Saw your LED comparison and 600w too. Bummed I got to it late (2 wks ago) but looks like I get in on a fresh journey.

FNG to this venue but had to join. 420 Magazine, RC51 CFL grow and your 2 previous write ups convinced me that this is THE place to learn.

New to artificial light sources (sunshine works great/no secret there) and I already benefitted from your sharing, (traditional lighting too hot). Looking forward to expanding my "season".

So congrats on your LED grows and fine journalism. You've done a great service for many like minded souls and saved us lots of cashola. Many tanks and keep up the good works.

KX808;)

thanks bro! and you pick the right forum this places is backed with smart people willing ton help. nothing beats the sun and its free.lol

right on tor, that's using your noodle.

increased co2 + mucho usable light + high temps + good watering regimen = hella metabolic rate = grows big and fast.

GL irishboy. tell me again your space size and light setup. . . and why is it 100*? no ventilation? if that's the case i second tors suggestion again!

space size is 6'x8-10' x8.5'. its 100F because it gets 110F over here in the summer. i have no CO2 tanks and it will be fine, ive done it before with leds and they all lived in the 100F+. its sucks for me when its this hot, i ate it. but only the strong will survive. i do run an intake and exhaust but since i am pulling fresh air from out side it doest help its beyond hot. but it is what it is, i believe the IR from HID light is what gives heat stress not air temp so much. this is my theory. last time i grew in this summer heat with leds the plants didnt mind it so much of course it was a sativa. these HS are a hybrid. some day when i get money ill get some co2 tanks but as of know ill try to wing it. my only fear is root rot, but i have stuff for that.

feel sorry for me having to live in this heat not the plants.lol

thank you. shit its already 87F in my room, and this is going to be their cool time. IDK whats going to happen when its 100F.lol. this is going to be crazy! hope these leds help with the less IR

Don't worry bout it Irish, I have gone over 45 C with coco before. I am willing to bet these Dirty Irish Hempies (tm) will afford the same passive hydro reliability if not more so because of the hempy design. Speaking of which, if you do find heat is a problem, switching to coco might be the answer. The top dries out where the air roots are, while the bottom stays damp. This provides the insulation from radiant heat that made growing with 600+ actual watts of CFL possible in such a small space for me. Shouldn't be a problem for you and these LEDs though.

45 C, to save you conversion, is a whopping 113 F. I think I have seen close to 50 C once or twice. Those plants hermied mildly, but nothing serious at all. I had a reasonable yield too. Just keep a can of female hormone spray around if things get hairy and you don't want seeds I suppose. I will always keep mine on standby from now on despite the controversy in their use. A little spray early in flowering can't hurt too much.

Back
Top Bottom