600W LED Grow

re: GLH 600W LED Grow

Hey Irish congrat's on your one pound baby. You worked hard enough and waited long enough to get some well deserved LED satifaction. your next grow sound interesting for all of us dirt farmers lol:bravo: :ganjamon:

Irish, make sure you tell us when you start the new thread cause I want to pull up a chair. Good luck on The DI buckets too. I'm going to try something new to me also this next run... totally mediumless Deep Water Culture. Not sure what to call it yet. Has anyone here grown mediumless before? I am hoping this will be a first. .V. Maybe I'll call it just bubbles!

Irish, make sure you tell us when you start the new thread cause I want to pull up a chair. Good luck on The DI buckets too. I'm going to try something new to me also this next run... totally mediumless Deep Water Culture. Not sure what to call it yet. Has anyone here grown mediumless before? I am hoping this will be a first. .V. Maybe I'll call it just bubbles!

i have a buddy that grows in a fish pond, the fish feed his plants its crazy he dosent feed them at all the fish do all the work he just have to filter the Ammonia out. i cant remember what is called but nice hydro organic way of growing fat ass buds.

Hey Irish just 2 cents from the peanut gallery... I know you have temp issues in the summer. You might want to keep tabs on your water temps cause pythium/root rot or whatever it's called in your neck of the woods don't play. It's for real a thread stopper! On the other thing I have heard of growing with fish before, read something about it some years ago. Goldfish weed? LOL, the thought of the taste leaves a bad taste in my mouth.:ganjamon:

Hey Irish just 2 cents from the peanut gallery... I know you have temp issues in the summer. You might want to keep tabs on your water temps cause pythium/root rot or whatever it's called in your neck of the woods don't play. It's for real a thread stopper! On the other thing I have heard of growing with fish before, read something about it some years ago. Goldfish weed? LOL, the thought of the taste leaves a bad taste in my mouth.:ganjamon:

ya i was thinking of that. i will put frozen milk jugs in the res, and i have stuff to help prevent root rot. lets hope things good smooth. thanks for the heads up brother:thumb:

Alright guys here some pics of my new creation! its a hydro/soilless hybrid. I call it the Dirty Irishboy or DI buckets.lol.

i love dirt but always wanted to go hydro so why not both? its a traditional Hempy bucket 3gal with a 7/16 hole 2" from the bottom, but the bottom 4" on the DI bucket is 100% perlite#4, i went 4" of perlite to filter any fallen soiless mix so it dosen go into my res. and get soggy. then the top layer of the medium is 75% perlite with 25% Sun Shine#4. this should give my plants better moister in the summer heat with lots of air, and make them more stable when they grow up so the dont fall over, plus allot more PH balance.

I know some are going to say this wont work since no one that i have seen do this, but i truly think it will work and it will do great. one way to find out, u live and learn.lol

i really am not worried about the sunshine fallen down into the res because i always but perlite in the bottom of my pots to help drain and when i pull my roots their never shunshine down their, just perlite

Alright guys here my DI buckets all setup. please excuse the mess, things got a little out of hand.lol. ill have it all nice and shinny clean tomorrow. i have a 6 site drip system running to eat bucket. the 2 buckets on the right are about 90% perlite and 10% sun shine mix. those ones also have the chunky perlite on the bottoms. all the rest are a 75/25 mix of perlite/sunshine and they have the fine perlite on the bottom. so we can see what works best with this set up.

latter i will install a 360 degree sprinkler in each bucket to water more even untill the roots hit the res. its going to be nice to just mix the res. and turn the pump on and not have to deal with reaching back their to water. the pump will be on a Digi timer set to run every 2-3days or as needed. I believe that by feeding with the dripers i will inter duce more air to the roots.

let me know what you think?

new_setup_001_600x449.jpg

new_setup_004_600x449.jpg

new_setup_006_600x449.jpg

new_setup_003_600x449.jpg

Hello my Friend. Here's my 2 cents worth.

Feeding with the dripers looks like it should do just fine.:bravo:

I do worry about if the water just being filtered by the perlite, but the thinking seems sound. Are you going to test it out before going full bore?
You've sure have put some work and effort in this. I wish you good luck! :ganjamon:

Hello my Friend. Here's my 2 cents worth.

Feeding with the dripers looks like it should do just fine.:bravo:

I do worry about if the water just being filtered by the perlite, but the thinking seems sound. Are you going to test it out before going full bore?
You've sure have put some work and effort in this. I wish you good luck! :ganjamon:

ive given it a few trail runs and so far so good, but i need to buy a bigger pump today to get it running right.

Many people grow this way with 100% perlite called Hempy Buckets, but this is the 1st i have seen mix with SunShine. the onlt thing that could go wrong is the soil will sift down into the res and get thing soggy, but i have 2" of extra perlite above the res to prevent this for happening. so lets hop it works,as far as everything els these Hempy buckets are bullet proof. This will be very interesting to see how this works with the plants?

High Irish, I've been snooping in on the hempy bucket thread and I like your idea of adding the sunshine mix. I was wondering what you may think of using Fox Farms Light Warrior in the blend? LW is mostly coir and perlite but it also has alot of beneificial microbes and enzymes that will promote a very a healthy root zone.

High Irish, I've been snooping in on the hempy bucket thread and I like your idea of adding the sunshine mix. I was wondering what you may think of using Fox Farms Light Warrior in the blend? LW is mostly coir and perlite but it also has alot of beneificial microbes and enzymes that will promote a very a healthy root zone.

if its mostly coir and perlite then i dont see why it shouldn't work? it should work quite well.

Hey Irish have you heard anything about lights by Advanced LED Lights?
They seem like they make a high quailty products. They have a 740w light w/ 3w diodes thats 2200 dollars. But it only has a 6 band spectrum not the 11 that yours has. Still it comes with a 3 year warranty. And its made in the USA so it probably easier to get it fixed if it did have issues.

Sorry to sound like a pitch... but maybe you can get them to give you some lights to test as well. They also make some super bright 360 watt Extreme Flower lights 3w diodes its has 5 band spec.

you could do A.L.L. vs G.H.L. in the two sizes and see if the spectrums really make that big a factor.
:thumb:

never heard of them before, ill check them out latter, but as far as a side x side i learn my lesson on that and will never do that again. too much BS he say she say type of crap. sorry bro. as of now i am happy with my results from mikes lights and i am not going to try any other led lights as of now until i see something that looks promising. Ive waisted too much time (over a year) getting small yields testing different leds, and this time i final got a good yield like i wanted. if it ant broke dont fix it.lol

Just thought I would throw it out there a free is a free light after all even though I know that wasn't your intent in all this

that is true, and those lights do seem nice, and i like that their made in the USA:thumb: i just had a bad time with my side x side, its too hard to keep everything fair, then at the end their always a group of people saying this and that, just not worth it to me.

thank you for showing me these lights though, i am always down to see other leds.

pk so ive been testing a few different dripers, my friend recommend to just leave the hose open, but i dont really like that way water just rushes out and floods on spot. the best yet is a little 360 degree driper, it spreads out about a 4-5' radios with little drips spiting out witch i like the best because its more even watering without flooding one spot, it spreads even threw the whole medium with out getting things too soggy and compacted. i think this will work best for when their baby's and haven't hit the res yet. once they hit the res i will take half on the dripers off and just run straight hose and see what doest better. i feel all high teck with all the lines and pumps running everywhere. this is a big step for a dirt farmer.lol. my gut feeling is this is going to work out pretty good. well lets hope so.

Alright guys here my DI buckets all setup. please excuse the mess, things got a little out of hand.lol. ill have it all nice and shinny clean tomorrow. i have a 6 site drip system running to eat bucket. the 2 buckets on the right are about 90% perlite and 10% sun shine mix. those ones also have the chunky perlite on the bottoms. all the rest are a 75/25 mix of perlite/sunshine and they have the fine perlite on the bottom. so we can see what works best with this set up.

latter i will install a 360 degree sprinkler in each bucket to water more even untill the roots hit the res. its going to be nice to just mix the res. and turn the pump on and not have to deal with reaching back their to water. the pump will be on a Digi timer set to run every 2-3days or as needed. I believe that by feeding with the dripers i will inter duce more air to the roots.

let me know what you think?

I think it looks real nice but it may stink pretty bad when the soil gets drained to the bottom and it remains soggy and anaerobic down there. From what I have seen, organic hempies usually end in disaster. That said, I have never tried it and have not used sunshine mix so I may be wrong. I think you should stick with inert media and avoid the organics on your first run with hempies.

I think it looks real nice but it may stink pretty bad when the soil gets drained to the bottom and it remains soggy and anaerobic down there. From what I have seen, organic hempies usually end in disaster. That said, I have never tried it and have not used sunshine mix so I may be wrong. I think you should stick with inert media and avoid the organics on your first run with hempies.

their no soil its soliless. and i truly dont think it will go down to the bottom. too much fine perlite blocking it. if it dose ill be the 1st to say you were right. the sunshine i have is not organic. thats a different one.
that will suck if it does but theirs only one way to find out? if it does ill change it up. but i think its fine, i always put perlite on the bottom of my pots and never had anything but perlite sown their at the end, and this time i have 4" of perlite. so if my theory is right ill be ok. we will see.

Back
Top Bottom