Jack Herer 305 Watt LED + Hempy Bucket Grow

I've never had it either. And it's hit right away, the plugs, not the clones themselves. I try and mist them once a day, keep the tray very low, not a real moist environment, just perfect is where I think I'm hitting. My success rate is 99% lately, if I lose one it's cuz I did something stupid to it or the mother wasn't ready/healthy. Do you think the lil solo cups with perlite would work, cuz I sure do. The clone/mold things frusterating because I'm normally solid with cloning and it's pretty fundamental. I suspect the rapid rooters, and the store I got them from. I have to try something new though because I gave to get good clones off the purplewrecks, the mamas aren't looking so hot and I need to snip in ~2 weeks.

Yea solo's with just perlite should work great for cloning. I've never used it myself, but i've seen it used with great success :blushsmile:

Hey raisinj, I have seen alot of people use the solo cups for clones. I'm not sure how the hempy style would work but you could always add the hole later. All you have to do is heat up a screwdriver or something and let it melt its way through the cup. Also I have seen clear cups used inside the red or blue, makes it real easy to see how root development is going.

Yeah I think I'll try it with my purplewreck clones. The clear cup ideas awesome. My purplewrecks look awful, I have to try repotting them, they really look like they are in too smAll of pots and not getting enough nutrients, but they should be fine. They are 2 months old and in one gallon pots, about 10" tall and the clones I could snip are puny, 2" and less and only 3 out of 6 even have any clones to snip. I will either repot and superthrive them or just snip what I can and try and get some healthy clones. I've never had such healthy seedlings become such ugly plants.

Took 4 clones each off 2 pwrecks, one off one, so 9 total, comically small clones in mini hempy perlite solo cups. They are the smallest clones I've ever seen, 1-2". If these clones take they will outgrow their mommies a month after they root if not sooner. Repotting the moms later and hope they start pulling thru or they won't last in my garden.

My satori male is droppin pollen, let the fun begin!
Dropped 5 super lemon haze and 6 kushberry/skunk into wet papertowels.
The slh is fem the kushberry skunk is not. My flowering girls look good, jack smells like grapefruit/latex paint/pumpkin as always, mmmm. The paint fades and is replaced by lime after curing/drying.
Pictures coming soon, camera gets back tonight.

ya what docbud said lower those babies down i would lower them to a inch from the first branches

Ok I give up... Huh??

Well I got 5/5 super lemon haze and 6/6 kushberry skunk planted into a top secret experimental semi soiless blend.

I got a double tap root I think on one of the kbs. Is that weird? I got pics, it's the first I've seen that happen so I was quite excited to go find that camera.

Double tap would be that ones strain name. Headstone and double tap, I need to be more positive. Xoxoxo mtf'ers.

here comes some pics
first we have my freaky kushberry/skunk (dna freebie)

doubletap1.jpg

doubletap2.jpg

and since the black and white looks best, heres some more
these are single plants, there are a few minis in there, 4 of the 13 were vegged in solo cups while the biggger ones rooted in the buckets.
singlelady1.jpg

singlelady2.jpg

and heres a mini, this is my smallest
bwmini.jpg

thers more above, dont miss all my pics, they are at 26 days flower

Double tap root turned into a double sprout, smaller shoot came up a couple days after the first. So I got 10/11 to pop but have 11 sprouts.. So 5 feminized super lemon haze, 5 kushberry x skunk.
I'm sure my male has pollinated my females by now and will be getting the ax soon. I collected plenty of pollen, the ladies were covered in it, I even made sure to put the boy over them and thumped the stalked a few times till they were covered, but they spend 2 weeks with him, it's done.
A few purplewrecks will end up alongside the seeded moms in about a week.

Great grow amigo, very interesting!

leds the future it seems and Im keeping my eye on those for pos future usage one day.

Surprised to see you germinating in paper towels tho, didnt think anyone did it that way, seems a slight risk for no apparent reason or benefit comared to straight in the soil.

Keep it up!

:thumb:

I only use leds for veggin now, the title is misleading, im budding under hps. I thought the papertowel way was the way everybody did it. Well here comes some pics, I wish I could have done this with leds.
overall12.jpg

overall22.jpg

36 nights down, 20-40 to go, depending on strain.

lol, is that 5 inch metal clip or a twenty inch one? haha

Yeahh it would be useful if we could edit our titles once we have started for sure.

I dont know anyone personally that germs like that, but they are all soil growers and we all just pop it straight into soil basically. If it works tho and you dont mind the extra coupe o days and are careful with the root then all is good of course. We do what works for ourselves eh.

Those hempy buckets are cute, I dodnt see them in these parts yet.

If you look around on this site, the damp paper towel method is pretty popular. Also popular is to put seeds in a cup of water, they float when you put them in and 12 to 36 hours later they sink and usually crack. The idea is to soften the shell so they pop easier. :peace:

Yes I have noticed as I had a look around a little more. Even recommended in the 420 help section etc

Still, it is not the best method, it can cause stress that simply is not needed. Natures way is to sow in soil and that is the sensible way to do it. (for soil growers of course)

I have never seen a seed not germinate n soil. There is no reason to think that there is less chance of germination but definately a chance of less stress and damage to the root

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom