Great news Mel! There's electricity in the air now! :Rasta:

Great news Mel! There's electricity in the air now! :Rasta:
Actually, now there isn't!

So to let you all know what was going on, we recently turned off the air conditioning for autumn.
Then the temps spiked back up to 28⁰C. So, we tried to turn it back on. It wouldn't work, and the ac technician said there wasn't any power getting to the compressor.
Around the same time circuit breakers for some parts of the house were going off randomly.
When I tried to reset the breaker to the ac to see if that was the problem, it came partially loose.
Even worse, some of the outlets associated with the breakers that were tripping had scorch marks, including some near my tent, but not the one my tent is plugged into.
So, I had to do an emergency teardown, including my smaller tent, and we had to have the breaker box replaced (it was 41 years old and out of code) and the circuits and outlets had to be taken out, and the rest of them had to be checked.
That was a lot of work, but it's done now. I've patched the drywall that had been torn out, and repainted now that the inspection is done, and we're just waiting on the signatures from the inspection to be filed with the insurance company.
I'll be able to get things fully set up again tomorrow.
It was a fairly scary situation, and it's a bit chilling to realize how close the house came to burning down.
It's resolved now though, and it's time to move ahead.

So to let you all know what was going on, we recently turned off the air conditioning for autumn.
Then the temps spiked back up to 28⁰C. So, we tried to turn it back on. It wouldn't work, and the ac technician said there wasn't any power getting to the compressor.
Around the same time circuit breakers for some parts of the house were going off randomly.
When I tried to reset the breaker to the ac to see if that was the problem, it came partially loose.
Even worse, some of the outlets associated with the breakers that were tripping had scorch marks, including some near my tent, but not the one my tent is plugged into.
So, I had to do an emergency teardown, including my smaller tent, and we had to have the breaker box replaced (it was 41 years old and out of code) and the circuits and outlets had to be taken out, and the rest of them had to be checked.
That was a lot of work, but it's done now. I've patched the drywall that had been torn out, and repainted now that the inspection is done, and we're just waiting on the signatures from the inspection to be filed with the insurance company.
It was a fairly scary situation, and it's a bit chilling to realize how close the house came to burning down.
Very scary. Glad you got that taken care of! :)

I’m not gonna lie. I’m a bit disappointed. I thought at the very least it was going to involve your neighbours wife, or the Feds, or some sort of cloak and dagger saga.

Glad it was a quick fix :)

So glad your safe my friend. :Namaste:
That's, wow ptsd stuff.
So so glad it wasn't worse.
Take care. :hug:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Well, that didn't turn out the way I had hoped, but I learned a bunch, and we're adding Jack Herer to the redemption list!

I'm taking the lessons I learned and applying them to my winter grow now.

Phewf! Good catch and good call.
Thanks Shed!
Very scary. Glad you got that taken care of! :)
So am I!
Glad you are safe and the outcome is a good one.
Thanks Carmen!
I’m not gonna lie. I’m a bit disappointed. I thought at the very least it was going to involve your neighbours wife, or the Feds, or some sort of cloak and dagger saga.

Glad it was a quick fix :)
Those will be in the "based on true events" version!
I'll send you a copy when it's done!
So glad your safe my friend. :Namaste:
That's, wow ptsd stuff.
So so glad it wasn't worse.
Take care. :hug:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks Bill!
Happily we're safer now than before, so that's a plus.

Back
Top Bottom