Jack Herer - Indoor - Soil

Muskrat

:welcome:to my 2nd grow. My first grow is in the ninth week of flowering and I'm hoping for a good harvest soon.
This grow is three Jack Herer clones taken from Big Jack, my best plant from the first grow.
600 Watt MH for Vegging,
600 Watt HPS for Flowering,
Potting soil
PH 6.8
Temp. 22-25C during lights on
Temp. 19-20C during lights off
Blue Planet Elite 3 Pack Following BPN web page chart
Feed & water every three days so far. One litre of water for all three.
I 23 watt CFL.

Not sure of all the info to put here, but at least it's started. I'll try to post pictures and updates as they happen.
At the moment the 3 Baby Jacks are in a DYI cardboard vegging box lined with Mylar.

See my original Jack Herer grow in my sig. Links below. I did them in Evernote on an iPad, so I can't upload them here.

Quick Pic. Of the vegging set-up. very stealth. It doesn't show very well, but there are ventilation holes and a small fan in there.
I'm planning on moving these to 12/12 in a week or twoso this box is very temporary.
image148.jpg

The clones were taken from the plant during the fifth week of flowering. I'm led to believe that the resulting plants will be very branchy.The clones were taken on Sept. 5, one month from tomorrow.

image149.jpg

image145.jpg

This is a very stealthy grow box.
image147.jpg

I never did post the original clone pics. I took 9 and all of them rooted well. I had to give six of them away.

image146.jpg

The babies are still doing well and are developing a lot of new shoots. Not from the top as I thought they would. They are coming out between existing branches. All of the new growth is a deep green. Some of the existing leaves started turning brown before the cuttings rooted.

image160.jpg
image159.jpg
image158.jpg

These babies are going to be very branchie. They were planted on Sept. 20th, so are three weeks old. I think I'm going to give them another week, then put them in with the flowering ladies. I did FIM the tops of them tonight and I would like to keep them shorter than their mother, so flowering will start much sooner than I did last time.
image170.jpg
image169.jpg
image168.jpg

I feel like I'm talking to my self here, but that's the way my first journal was , since it wasn't posted anywhere.

I'm here and the plants are looking pretty good. the leaves look a little different, is that a trait of the strain? Pulling up a chair and ready for the show. :popcorn:

I'm here and the plants are looking pretty good. the leaves look a little different, is that a trait of the strain? Pulling up a chair and ready for the show. :popcorn:
:welcome: Hey Beemer, thanks for stopping by. Yeah, the leaves are funny looking. The mother, (Little Jack), has the same weird leaf formations, yet it is the plant with the most and biggest buds. The other Jack Herers look more normal and seem to be taking longer in bud development. I guess genetics is still as much of an art as it is a science.
:thanks:

Let me get a front row seat for this one, right next to beemerbill (so I can steal some popcorn from him).

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

I'm trying to decide wether to start the babies on 12/12 now or wait another week. They are from 6-8" tall now and I want to keep them short. I'm also going to let them grow naturally to get the experience. No SCROG this time.
My first JH grow with SCROG has plants almost 6' tall. They more than tripled in height after going on 12/12. I've had to add a small ceramic heater to my grow room. It got down to 60 deg. yesterday during lights out and it barely got up tp 70 with the lights on. Now it's 70 with the lights out.

Has anyone else had the weird leaf shape that these babies have? When I first saw this on the original, (mother),
I though it looked like something out of "The Little shop of Horrors" movie.

Mick I'm thinking about a heater also. It was 64 in the this morning but the tent gets up to about 80 with the lights on. I run the light at night so that helps when it's the coldest in the garage. I went out there at around 9 and that's when it was down to 64. I have a hydroponic vegetable grow going in the garage also so it may help a little with warmth. My SOG was around 10" when I went to 12/12and now it's about 18".

Mick I'm thinking about a heater also. It was 64 in the this morning but the tent gets up to about 80 with the lights on. I run the light at night so that helps when it's the coldest in the garage. I went out there at around 9 and that's when it was down to 64. I have a hydroponic vegetable grow going in the garage also so it may help a little with warmth. My SOG was around 10" when I went to 12/12and now it's about 18".
I'm still running the light during the night because of the so called "smart metres" that charges less for off peak usage. I'm worried about the effciency of my 30 year old heater. The hydro bill will go through the roof.
Your Deisel is Sativa too, so it probably doesn't like the cold either.
I've pretty much made up my mind to start 12/12 for the babies today. They won't be directly under the HPS anyway until I harvest the big girls.

:high-five:Well I've moved the Baby Jacks in with the Big Girls today. Two are growing well, but the 3rd is a little behind.
Those weird leaves are bothering me. It might be because I took them 5 weeks into Flowering?
image174.jpg

Little Jack, (the mother), has strange leaves too.
image173.jpg

And hopefully the Big Girls will be ready to harvest soon:circle-of-love: I need pots to put the babies in soon.
image175.jpg

those leaves are a little weird but if mom is like that I wouldn't worry about it. Your other plants with the nice buds are looking good. they are getting close to party time.

Fed and watered the baby Jacks today using the BPN website chart. I mixed 1/2 tsp of each of the three part Elite into a litre of water and the three babies shared it.
image176.jpg

It's already pretty crowded in here and the clones are going to get bigger quickly.
Hopefully I can harvest the big girls soon but I'm afraid it's going to go 13 weeks. I think loosing my HPS light last week slowed them down considerably.
image177.jpg

Come back tomorrow and they will need repotting they grew so fast. heehee That sucks about the light last week.I hope it didn't slow it down to much. Here's to budville

Come back tomorrow and they will need repotting they grew so fast. heehee That sucks about the light last week.I hope it didn't slow it down to much. Here's to budville

You know, I was sure I replied to this last night but I had sampled some sucker buds that I had dried for 3 weeks and I was next thing to trippin':party::party:
I did go out and get pots today and I went to a smaller size. The big 14" pots the girls are in are too big and take up too much room. This time I'm using 10". Hope that's a good plan and I can always transplant them again, if I have to.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom