Jack Herer, Chocolate Chunk & Blue Dream Grow Journal

Blue Dream

blue-dream-23.jpg

No clue what this plant is doing - answers on a postcard?

genetic-mutation-autos.jpg

Genetic mutation?
JG’s Wookiee Auto is built on a 3 fingered leaf.

Best bud I’ve grown yet.

Bring on the freaks I say!

Struggling to keep the JH growing to be honest, worst grow I can remember - problems at every turn
My impulse is to compost the fekin lot and concentrate on Blue Dream SOG, just can't bring myself to actually bin two Jack Herer in flower, albeit poorly

@George from The Vault is kindly sending me some Bruce Banner seeds, so I'm thinking a timely reshuffle is in order
:hookah:

Jack Herer, despite the setbacks, is producing some flowers but not much bud building or frost
Gonna have to run with it and salvage some popcorn
Blue Dream is going for it - there are 6 good clone branches, but I'll wait for 8 or 10 before I chop the clones

DSC_3015.JPG

Wouldn't want to share a bed with Blue Dream - shift your arse...

DSC_3016.JPG

DSC_3014.JPG

It's that time again

Jack Herer, Chocolate Chunk & Blue Dream Grow Journal

Jack Herer & Chocolate Chunk are autos, the Blue Dream is fem photo which is Sativa dominant, so probably a SOG job

Problem with fungus gnats due to a bag of compost I was using for houseplants, so not the best start
I treated with nicotine infused water, H2O2 and sticky fly traps which is working but it is a setback

Just to add to my woes, I have a new lamp which is way more powerful than I thought, so I burnt them too - oh dear
I think I've got things under control now but we'll see

Here's first images of the future crop

jack-herer-autos.JPG

chocolate-chunk-skunk-auto.JPG

blue-dream-photo-for-SOG.JPG

Jack Herer has had a hard time with root munchers, Chocolate Chunk/Skunk was a wonky seedling but the Blue Dream looks perfect
Fingers crossed I can make this grow work out - I'll be pissed off if it doesn't lol
I've found Diatomaceous Earth is great for getting rid of fungus gnats. Just dust a bit over the surface of your coco/soil

Hope this helps out 👍

Blue Dream mother plant is almost ready for taking clones
Planning to take the cuts soon which gives the JH two weeks or so to finish before the SOG
I wanted to demonstrate the structure of the plant, ie why I think it's good for clones now, but it is very hard to capture on camera because the pictures are just a mass of green - so I made a silhouette so you can better see the branching

blue-dream-mother.jpg

It's a pretty plant so as usual, I'm tempted to just flower it

blue-dream-mother-canopy-30days.jpg

Will be taking cuttings this week, probably warrants its own grow journal now
:ganjamon:

Blue Dream - taking clones from mother plant

taking-blue-dream-clones.JPG

Cuttings are in 6/3/1 coco/potting mix/perlite

blue-dream-cuttings.JPG

They are in with the flowering plants, so I've put some cheesecloth over the propagator lid to protect them from strong light. Plan is, I'm hoping at least one of the flowering plants will finish in the next two weeks, so I can pot these up and flip them immediately

Looks good :)

Hey an idea with your cloner. I view clones like I do wound care. I use an aseptic technique. If you tip your cloner into the lid, plant tissue will end up mixing into your antiseptic/clone juice. Best practice with wound care is to tip a tiny bit of antiseptic into a seperate container so you don’t contaminate your antiseptic container.

I used to tip in the lid too but I noticed it discoloured my Clonex which if I use my wound care brain, isn’t ideal. In fact it is a breeding ground for bacteria.

I now tip in a separate container, I use med cups but a milk top or lid of any kind will do, then discard.

Looks good :)

Hey an idea with your cloner. I view clones like I do wound care. I use an aseptic technique. If you tip your cloner into the lid, plant tissue will end up mixing into your antiseptic/clone juice. Best practice with wound care is to tip a tiny bit of antiseptic into a seperate container so you don’t contaminate your antiseptic container.

I used to tip in the lid too but I noticed it discoloured my Clonex which if I use my wound care brain, isn’t ideal. In fact it is a breeding ground for bacteria.

I now tip in a separate container, I use med cups but a milk top or lid of any kind will do, then discard.
Good point Tra, ta

Jack Herer is flowering away whilst I've been busy with the Blue Dream clones
I've realised I did get the pots muddled - the fluffy one is Jack Herer, the skinny one is definitely Chocolate Skunk

jack-herer-budding.JPG

chocolate-skunk-bud-tip.JPG

The Blue Dream clones are still upright, added a tiny bit of kelp to the mist

clones-seaweed-spray-foliar-feed.JPG

I didn't pinch the tips out with these clones because I'm aiming for single, cactus colas rather than two horns
Since I'm gonna flip these pretty quick, I want the tip in place when I do
Happy growin'

Looking very healthy and happy @Roy Growin :welldone:

Jack sure did a turn around.

Grow well my friend,
Tok..
Yeah they do now; that got me thinking what I did to turn them round :hmmmm:
They started to pick up about a week after I added the top dressing blood/fish/bone, a sprinkle of frass and a thin layer of loam based potting soil [had to go back through my own journo lol]
Organic nutes appear to have filtered through to the coco nicely
Cheers Tok

Back
Top Bottom