Hempy Jack Herer - CFL Cab

day 62 of flower. they are getting close. the buds have gotten more full and dense, and the leaves are showing thier fall colors, which are pretty golds and purples. a couple of the fan leaves straight shriveled up and died, it seemed to be a life cycle thing not a sign of ill health. they smell beautiful, grapefruit and a tad diesely.

IMG_36082.JPG

just wanted to note the bottles i used for my pots, i hadnt mentioned it before. one gallon crystal geyser jugs, i like the idea of square pots if you want to crowd your plants together. i spray-painted the outside flat black for light blocking.

IMG_36161.JPG

i added a small supplemental light for some of the lower buds. i move em around every couple days so they can take turns.

IMG_36193.jpg

now for some natural light pics:
IMG_36233.jpg
IMG_36272.jpg

this one plant in particular has a lot of purple coming through.
IMG_36293.jpg

that looks normal right? for late flower?
IMG_36303.jpg

a different plant. this is the smallest one.
IMG_36312.jpg
IMG_36323.jpg
IMG_36343.jpg
IMG_36382.jpg

the trichomes are mostly cloudy. still a few clear here and there, and i can only find a couple amber. i want to keep the sativa side strong, so i'm waiting for about 10-20% amber. and waiting. the plants look done, but the trichs say otherwise...

IMG_36422.jpg
IMG_36432.jpg
IMG_36502.jpg

MAN! i cant wait! good things take time. good things take time. good things take time.

Looks super frosty! Cant wait to hear the harvest weight and smoke report. You think your going to have enough good trim for hash?

Looks super frosty! Cant wait to hear the harvest weight and smoke report. You think your going to have enough good trim for hash?
cheers.

well 'enough' is relative. i'm gunna do it, low tech gumby style unless some bubble bags fall into my hands. it wont be huge, but we'll see what happens. i love hash and havent had any in a long time. people charge too much for it, so i'm excited to give making it a go for the first time. it will be all that much better knowing how much love went into it.

yeah man my house is really starting to reek these days, i cant wait to cut these little mammas and get her packed up. the timing is getting tight with me about to move, in 2 or 3 weeks. they need to be in jars at least by then... haven't really done any odor prevention except burning incense and sage fairly regularly, but it's not like that's fooling any neighbors... some times i don't notice it much but other times if i get home after being out i can smell it outside and i open the door and the smell hits me like a wall. i dont mind it, but i think its starting to cross a line, i live in the city and have very close neighbors. not that i suspect anybody will make it an issue around here, but still. i've heard drying is even worse, i might need to break down and pick up one of those ona gel things or whatever they are people talk about...

oh yeah
i also forgot to mention i did some heavy defoliation between these 2 last posts. if you couldn't tell. i was trying to stay conservative with that but the lower buds were so far behind the top ones that i decided to go for it and strip everything excect the top couple sets. that was a couple weeks ago. they seem to have responded well to it, and the buds have kept developing, if anything they sped up when i thought they were about done growing.

before:
IMG_3605.jpg

after defoliation and an additional small lower light:
IMG_36161.JPG

and gee, the lower buds are starting to ripen. coincidence?

Looks like the plants really liked the trim you gave them. I agree that hash is usually to much, making your own is the way to go. My uncle, who has been doing this for a couple years for his own meds, harvests a plant at a time and uses an oz. BHO tube. He gets a fair amount of earwax every harvest. Very potent stuff.
I've never tried doing it the bubble bag way, but I love smokin it :circle-of-love:

Very nice bud shots. Looks like they'll be ready around 14 more days from the day the picture was taken. Almost there!~

fack. really, 2 more weeks you think? damn i thought it was closer but i guess your right since there's practically no amber trichs yet.

well, they are changing every day and getting really colorful. my little girls are getting all growned up! all sexy and photogenic. had to snap a couple pics while i gave them a huge flush. i poured a gallon of straight tap through each one (when feeding, one gallon was enough for all 5)... i know the porous pearlite must hold on to a lot of residual salts and whatnot, trying to really rinse them out. this is the second flush watering, i didnt go as big with the first one.

IMG_3661.jpg

peeing plant

IMG_36631.JPG

flushy flush

IMG_36603.jpg

IMG_36661.JPG
IMG_36672.JPG
IMG_36683.JPG
IMG_36711.JPG
IMG_36721.jpg
IMG_3674.jpg

test nug from a lower branch. i'll give it a few days.

Happy New Year Ndergound. It's been a few days... how'd the test sample taste? How those trichs lookin? How long till the chop? I cant wait to see! I have 3 seedlings that just sprouted and my cab is just about done. I been keppin under a couple clfs a night and out side during the day( nice weather in socal this last week). So ya I'm excited to see your results.
Till then :bong:

tee hee
me too.

i'm chopping it tomorrow. they've been in dark today. the trichs are just starting to turn amber now, i could have let it go a little longer but like i said timing is tight and i just need to get this operation going. they sure look ready to me.

the sample bud? well i really only gave it a day. i got impatient and put next to my heater... plus it was an under ripe lower bud. so the flavor was lacking. still a lot of chlorophyll, to be expected. the grassy taste reminded me of dime bag weed when i was a kid. but for what it was it was a nice smooth smoke, and yeah it got me high. nice, light, clear high. success!

i'll post again after the chop.

chop!

Happy New Year Ndergound. It's been a few days... how'd the test sample taste? How those trichs lookin? How long till the chop? I cant wait to see! I have 3 seedlings that just sprouted and my cab is just about done. I been keppin under a couple clfs a night and out side during the day( nice weather in socal this last week). So ya I'm excited to see your results.
Till then :bong:

yeah this weather has been amazing! i'm trying not to take it for granted. happy new years to you as well, my anonymous local growing compadre.

and to anyone else reading! may your 2012 be EPIC!

WOW that scissor hash is tasty! and my heart is racing from it. super energetic high. i tried the beer bottle and cigarette method to smoke it. i know thats ghetto, i learned it on the trailer park boys. anybody? Ricky and Bubbles with their driveway hash? my first time smoking hash like that and i have to say it works really well! tasty tasty tasty i just wish i had more than a pea's worth. i hope my gumby hash turns out this tasty

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom