Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Re: Bandit420's Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Bandit, your active participation in the movement of "freeing our weed" is absolutely commendable, and I'm so glad we have you on our side.

I don't think it can be said enough: this can't happen without us making noise. We need to keep the pressure on our lawmakers, and let our voices be heard. What's been happening in Montana, and elsewhere, have proven the "old guard" are scared by our power and progress. It's more important than ever that we "put the pedal to the medal" in the fight to "free the weed".

Just wanted to give you a much deserved kudos for your dedication, courage and tireless efforts in this regard. I can tell it's coming from a sincere place and it just plain rocks. :bravo:

Keep the faith, brother, and keep spreading the word. :peacetwo:

That sounds interesting!

So would you feed every watering through week 6 & 7 just using Bloombastic and what's the reason for removing the base nutes from the schedule? :morenutes:

Oops I forgot to answer this for you 52....

Yeah I'm thinking the base nutes up to week 6 and then cut them and just use bloombastic for two weeks and then flush. I think the base build up in the medium and plant should be enough to hold them for two weeks. If not then the fan leaves will yellow and there could be some cal mag def. The cal mag can be easily taken care of with a supplement but is what I'm thinking is let the plant get nitrogen from the fans and lower leaves if they need it.
I think it would be kind of a pre flush where I cut all nutes except for what helps build bud & trichs and then flush those for ripening.
In the end I think it will make for a very clean burning smoke rich in natural flavor of the strain....
At least that's what I'm going for :)

Sounds good to me:)

Can Coco hold enough without being washed out on the next watering? I thought coco was one of the mediums that didn't hold stuff making it easier to maintain deficiencies and nutrient uptake.

About letting the plant feed nitrogen from the fans and lower leaves during week 6-7 through finish. do you think it's a good idea to take away the other nute and have the plant feed even more off itself? This is a time when they start eating themselves anyway and to pull more from it might not get you the results you're looking for! I like the pre flush Idea but think you might do more harm than good at that point.

Just my thoughts;)

Yeah the coco does flush clean but those last two weeks are where i'm thinking I should also get help from having some of the dirty stuff in the medium too....
For this grow I kinda did this except it was a gradual taper down rather than a cut off and the ladies had just started to eat themselves when I started the flush...this go around instead of a gradual decline in nutes I think I can get away with a cut off because this garden had plenty of food left in the plants to hold them over for another couple weeks if they needed the time.
If they look like they need much more time til ripe of course I'll extend the time of base nutes and if it looks like they cant afford to be cut off then I'll continue with base thru flsuh or maybe just use a micro + bloombastic concoction for those last two weeks....
The main thing I'm trying to do is get a nearly perfect timing between feeding, final flush, and chop so that the plants have just enough of what they need and no more.
The bloombastic will also bring a lot to the table at nearly full strength by itself so it's not like the garden will not have any food. This stuff rings in at a whopping npk of 0-20-20 so I think the base nute cut off really is'nt as drastic of maneuver as it sounds :)

I love your journal too Bandit!

52 I agree with you, I did the darkness thing and I'll not do it again. It definitely tempts mold, my plants were really really wet when I finally chopped them.

52 I agree with you, I did the darkness thing and I'll not do it again. It definitely tempts mold, my plants were really really wet when I finally chopped them.

Yeah i'm not sold on this dark thing at all. I did it because of time constraints and could'nt get to the chop on the day I wanted and I think that will be the only reason why I would do it in the future.
more trichs? ~ no. bigger buds? ~ no. chance of bud rot and or mold? absolutely.
I prepared for any on set of mold by keeping it cool and dry in the 30% range. No molds but no benefits to doing it either.

I have pulled some plants into darkness and let them sit for 1/2 a day to a day. Then I trim off all the fan leaves and let them sit for another equal period of time. They seem to be much more fragrant when I finally get to trimming them.

This method was born out of time constraints and laziness. I don't know if it improves the smoke any but it sure makes trimming fun. :hookah:

Yeah i'm not sold on this dark thing at all. I did it because of time constraints and could'nt get to the chop on the day I wanted and I think that will be the only reason why I would do it in the future.
more trichs? ~ no. bigger buds? ~ no. chance of bud rot and or mold? absolutely.
I prepared for any on set of mold by keeping it cool and dry in the 30% range. No molds but no benefits to doing it either.

Even when I grew outdoors, I liked to harvest before the sun came up. The plants always seemed a little dryer ( and lighter for lugging). It can be a bitch on the fingers in the dark, tho, especially in a SCrOG... kevlar gloves help :grinjoint:

:peace:

I do more reading on here than I read in college.
I am glad to hear that the dark thing is a matter of opinion, because I feel guilty when I harvest in the middle of a Saturday in full sun.

I do more reading on here than I read in college.
I am glad to hear that the dark thing is a matter of opinion, because I feel guilty when I harvest in the middle of a Saturday in full sun.

We all have our preferences.....Is'nt there somebody on these boards that chops naked under a full moon???
:tokin:

God bandit that bud is beautiful! Thank you for this journal. The amount of neat, cheap,useful ideas that you have shown to improve grow room productivity is just awesome. Thank you sir. +reps
Thanks Bro!!! This next one did'nt come too cheap....:)

This one's for 52 Firestone and for turning me onto H&G.....This batch of seedlings has been somewhat frustrating with good days and bad days in the dirty coco blend. If I stay on this course I think I see issues and possible failures down the road so I've been thinking about doing this full blown hydro. The hydro option also makes it so I can recirculate the system the way I originally intended.
The one thing about the hydro that I did'nt like anymore is working with the gummy floranova messin up the works of the system.
And then came 52 talking about H&G resparking my interest in the line. The more I read the more i became convinced H&G Cocos was the nute program for me. Even though it's way more advanced than my kiss formulas I think I can handle it

IMG_18381.JPG

The first plant to go on H&G was my best looking LA Woman youngster. She will be a mother. She's in a diy waterfarm and the medium is straight chunky coco.

IMG_18391.JPG

This next pic shows a little of the size difference happening with the LAW on H&G and the rest of the seedling garden still on organics.
Tommorow the entire garden will be transplanted into chunky coco filled air pots and will go into the turbo garden which will be filled with H&G cocos.

IMG_18402.JPG

I run there Soil A/B. Look out everyone, this is going to get crazy w/ the H&G! Very nice lineup brother!

No Shooting Powder?

I run there Soil A/B. Look out everyone, this is going to get crazy w/ the H&G! Very nice lineup brother!

No Shooting Powder?

I almost came home with a pack...I asked my guy if i could use bloombastic where I would use sp and he said yeah so I'll go with that when the time comes. sp is a 0-9-20 npk and bloombastic is a 0-20-20 npk so I'll go light with the bloombastic...Once I'm done with the Bloombastic I'll get the sp.
I might convert the entire system to waterfarms too so the Drip Clean product will come into play if I make that move.

The line up and feeding schedule is very interesting....I feel like my garden is going on a Rocky Balboa training program rather than a feeding schedule :)

:rofl:

I just supplied the spark Bandit, you're the one that turned it into a wildfire:)

I got the drip clean cause I'm in soil and like the idea of it breaking down the salt build up. I'm also told that if you are using any other additives especially from the GH line that it will help with the nutrient uptake of those products as well as the flushing at the end. I will get a few packs of the shooting powder and the top booster to use on the new sprouts so I can at least run the whole line up on a few plants. I see that Algen Extract that you have but dont have it in my feeding schedule. How and when are you gonna use this? I was looking at some of the questions on their website and one of the reps says that people in the UK are feeding AE all the way through and folks in the US feed during veg!?! Does region make that much of a differece in the feeding of nutrients?

Here's the q? from the website
hello, is the algen extract used during flowering? your feed charts on the website and the feed charts available in the brouchure are not alike. on the website it does not mention the use of it on any cycle for flower. in the brouchure feed chart the mix rate is 1ml/L throughout flowering cycle. can you please clarify? 13 year advanced nutrient user switched 3 months ago and never look back!

House & Garden October 27, 2010 at 8:28 pm
Hey Jay,
First make sure your looking at the US H&G website because UK likes to run algen extract the whole time. Here in the US we only use it in veg.
ALGEN EXTRACT- Ascophyllum nodosum: cold water extracted seaweed to keep as much biological life intact as possible. Seaweed extracts have ziatine for cell growth, vitamins, natural hormones, amino acids, proteins to strengthen biological and plant life, and trace amounts of micro nutrients. New dose:1-2 ml per gallon.

Happy Growing! Rob

Yeah my feed chart in hand and online says AE during veg only.
Looks like a seaweed type supplement that will help with roots, vigor, and overall general heath and immunity of the plant. Promotes hairy roots and easier uptake of nutes for the plants. I think AE combined with my mycorrhizae innoculant will be the equivilant of taking a double cheeseburger and putting it in a blender to purify it so you could eat the burger thru a straw. That's how ez it should be for this garden to take in food :)

Top Booster is another fascinating product that appears to shut down vegative leaf growth and sends all food to the flower points. A very hi powered bloom stimulant not to be used with any other bloom supplement or SP.
This is the product that gives me the training regimen vibe. The way the charts read makes it seem like we're building a super plant rather than just feeding a flower.

I'm also really diggin' the H&G website. I love how you can call them and they'll call back and then how they're interactive with their customers and curious Joes to clarify anything.:high-five:

I use a product that is similar to this algen product and I use it "whenever" I am looking to reset the soil...I notice that adding sea weed algie products to the soil when there is a dark cycle can turn a cup of soil into a lime green o^2 sucking blob... so I only add it when I know the lights are on and will remain on to keep the heat up and the soil drying out 24/7.

I use a product that is similar to this algen product and I use it "whenever" I am looking to reset the soil...I notice that adding sea weed algie products to the soil when there is a dark cycle can turn a cup of soil into a lime green o^2 sucking blob... so I only add it when I know the lights are on and will remain on to keep the heat up and the soil drying out 24/7.

weird!!
I dont think this stuff can do that but ya never know. It mixes in very diluted @1-2 mls per gallon. Not like Maxi Crop or something that goes in at about 1/4 cup per gallon.
As the change to hydro gets underway I'm also about to redo the hempy system and convert it to active hydro with waterfarm plumbing kits and a controller rez.
I'm working on it now but I had an interuption...
I was working on it this morning and my dogs started to go nuts like there's somebody at the door. I went to check and there was nobody there but I caught my jackass neighbor's boy stealing gas out of my car! Dude had a hose down my tank and was sucking out the gas!!! I could'nt believe it! This is the second time it's happened too. He got about 5 gallons last week but this time I caught the sumbitch! He did'nt get much this time though...about 1/2 gallon in a milk jug that the ass clown dropped on my lawn, a pair of silver bracelets, and a free tour of the city jail. Man I hate thieves!!
Definatley need to go get that locking gas cap today :smokin:

I am glad you saw justice, what does it say about the people hwo live near you that their kid is dumb enough to do that shit to the neighbor...

Glad you caught the kid Bandit, what a lowlife.

I love lessons in instant karma.

Yeah i say kid but he's 19 now and it looks like pops sent him over to do it. The boy does'nt even have a car. This is'nt the first time....
back when I was on good terms with the family the boy lifted an x box from my home while we were out back...also caught him stealing spray paint from my car port a few years back. Sad stuff.
Cops told the Dad the boy was lucky 'cause I was ready to put some rock salt in his ass until I realized it was him. I just went around my house and came up from behind and scared the crap out of him. He ran back to his house and dropped his jug on my lawn. Left the hose in my gas tank.
It's kinda funny but very sad at the same time. Even though we've had issues if the dad would've just asked me for some gas to get to work or to get his other kids to school I would've filled his tank. No need to steal.
Anyways, nothing like a good watch dog that has your back ;)

Back
Top Bottom