Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Re: Bandit420's Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Bandit,
Hey Buddy how are you doing? I wanted to ask you did your Turbo come w/lid for the reservior. I also would like to know what size pots came with your original(I know you use airpots) and does it come with a timer.

Gotta love SKA, I pretty much grew up on it...Two Tone, The Specials, Bad Manners, Madness...I feel a genius mix comin on...Nice one Bandit, Hope you have a fantastic weekend Bro :party:
:Namaste:
While I'm still on the topic of grinders & vapes....
This weekend I'm heading to a three day reggae fest where Silver Surfer Vaporizer will have a booth so I might be coming back with some more cool glass for my SSV. I believe one of the 420 mag Vape sponsors will be there too so i'll get a chance to schmooze with them also. :Rasta:
Should be a cool fest! It's a free festival too and y'all know how much I love free stuff! Whether it's entertainment or glass, if it's free it's me!
Not too many well known acts will be there but The Supervillains and Collie Buddz will be taking the stage so that should be fun.

YouTube - Collie Buddz- Mary Jane

YouTube - The Supervillains - Crippy Weed

Wow Bandit I'm still on the current page! I just need to get by here every 6 hours max :)

Thanks for the explanations & that bong with the two fire things bookending it looks totally badass. So does that festival, you'll have a great time!
:thumb:

Bandit,
Hey Buddy how are you doing? I wanted to ask you did your Turbo come w/lid for the reservior. I also would like to know what size pots came with your original(I know you use airpots) and does it come with a timer.

What's up ComoradeBudds!
The grow tray should sit on the rez so it is actually the lid. There should also be a small lid that fits on the rez between the tray and the rez.
I've bought mine used so I never got a timer so I'm not sure if they come with one from Botanicare. The pots should be 14 square 7"x7"x7" pots.

Gotta love SKA, I pretty much grew up on it...Two Tone, The Specials, Bad Manners, Madness...I feel a genius mix comin on...Nice one Bandit, Hope you have a fantastic weekend Bro :party:
:Namaste:

This one's for you Brother BP!!!

YouTube - Skatalites - Guns of Navarone

I love the towl racks. I think I'll use afew when I get my 'larger' room going. I've put off my enlargment till bout April when my son's here to do the grunt work. I like your plans straight functional. Hey I wonder you must have a friend tha's into glass or is that you? You always have a couple intresting pieces every time I drive bye. Keepem Green

I love the towl racks. I think I'll use afew when I get my 'larger' room going. I've put off my enlargment till bout April when my son's here to do the grunt work. I like your plans straight functional. Hey I wonder you must have a friend tha's into glass or is that you? You always have a couple intresting pieces every time I drive bye. Keepem Green
Function and performance are the name of the game here my friend ;)
All this glass is me Bro! I know FarNorth asked for a team photo and it's coming soon...either here or in another glass thread in the lounge :hookah:

Bandit,
thanks. They sent 5x5x5 pots will these be a problem or should I get the 7x7x7.
5x5 is right, I forgot that we had bought 10 7x7s because the 5x5 just looked too small. We found excellent results came with the 7x7s and we also added another riser to the flood drain plumbing so it would run deeper.
Set your timer to flood about 4 times a day during lights on if you use hydroton as the medium. Also be sure to rinse the hydroton as good as possible before using :goodluck:

Looks like you're gonna have a good time this coming weekend:thumb:

I've been doing a lot of reading on the H&G line and don't understand their feeding schedule. I believe you said you used them in ebb n flow system and I'm in soil but I have to ask your thoughts anyway.

For starters they say to add the base nutes A&B then ph balance, after that they say to add your additives and it will balance out:smokin:. The other thing that's throwing me off is they recommend feed feed feed from beginning to end with a 3 day flush at the end.

I understand that if I'm using dolomite lime in my soil that it will help balance my nutes if they are not right on. What do you think? Since some of my plants are half way through flower would it be safe to top dress my soil with lime.

I just checked out the H&G feed schedule on their site and it is way more complex than what I remember using. Holy Cow that thing is in depth!
I guess they know what they're talking about by mixing nutes, setting ph, and then adding the additives. It does sound crazy but try it and if the ph is way off you'll probably want to come up with your own mixing technique.
:morenutes:
On the lime I think you can apply a little top dressing from what I remember but if i dont trust my memory I dont think you should either :Rasta:....I'm sure Be Irie could tell you for certain

Dolomite lime tends to be pretty slow acting and is akaline so it will raise your ph, however at this stage it probably won't help much if at all. It's best used as a buffer and mixed into the soil when you're preparing it. If you think the ph is low the best thing you can do now, imo, is raise the ph of your water and nutes a little bit.

Bandit,
I will be using the STG Hail for my medium. I thought of the 5x5 as the same too small how many 7x7 fit into the tray. When you say you got the riser to run deeper what do you mean. Sorry for asking so many questions on you grow. Thank you so much.

Hey Bandit!

I fed the girls tonight and did just like they said. Add Base, balance to 6.5, added additives and that brought my ph down to 5.3 I let my mixture sit for about 10 minutes and checked ph again and it was sitting at 6.4 Because I'm just starting these nutes I'm going half strength and will build up from there. I'm wondering if these guys are really that good and will it do the same thing at full strength. If it does I think H&G could revolutionize the way nutrients work. :slide:

Wow!! I gotta take another look at those guys. They also make a coco A & B that would work in my garden...time to do some research and price evaluations :Rasta:

Bandit,
I will be using the STG Hail for my medium. I thought of the 5x5 as the same too small how many 7x7 fit into the tray. When you say you got the riser to run deeper what do you mean. Sorry for asking so many questions on you grow. Thank you so much.
No problem Bro, ask anything anytime!!
You should be able to fit 10 or 12 7x7s....the risers are those little black octagon shaped pieces that screw into each other and then a screen piece screws into the top of the riser column. If they're the round style they slide into each other to form the column.
I'll look thru my pics to see if i have something and if not you'll see a pic by tommorow night ;)

:adore:
Dolomite lime tends to be pretty slow acting and is akaline so it will raise your ph, however at this stage it probably won't help much if at all. It's best used as a buffer and mixed into the soil when you're preparing it. If you think the ph is low the best thing you can do now, imo, is raise the ph of your water and nutes a little bit.

:adore: Blue Dog!!
Thanks Buddy!!!

Bandit,

Here's the pics i promised ComoradeBudds!

This first one is my complete flood column. I use 4 risers plus the screen piece for the 7"x7" pots.
The next pic is of a riser and a screen. Sometimes these machines comes with risers that dont screw together but slide into each other...
Also on that STG you may only need to flood it once or twice per day in the beginning of the grow and then as the garden grows you would increase the flood cycles to 3 and then 4 later on

IMG_18204.JPG

IMG_18216.JPG

Well today was an interesting day!
The reggae festival kicked off at 2pm so i walked ( the festival is across the street from my house) over to check out the booths and do a little shmoozin' ;)
I hooked up with fellas from SSV and my buddies from NORML and scored a couple freebie t shirts and a hemp Dime Bag tote! :Rasta:

IMG_18227.JPG

Everybody is super cool over there so i went ahead and invited them over for a BBQ Saturday so they can check out my ssv and have a good meal while they're down here.
Tommorow before i head over I gotta get these plants chopped and trimmed so I'll be super busy.
I probably wont be able to update the harvest until early next week but I'll be sure to take plenty of pics of the chop, the bbq, and maybe even a few bands!

Well today was an interesting day!
The reggae festival kicked off at 2pm so i walked ( the festival is across the street from my house) over to check out the booths and do a little shmoozin' ;)
I hooked up with fellas from SSV and my buddies from NORML and scored a couple freebie t shirts and a hemp Dime Bag tote! :Rasta:

IMG_18227.JPG

Everybody is super cool over there so i went ahead and invited them over for a BBQ Saturday so they can check out my ssv and have a good meal while they're down here.
Tommorow before i head over I gotta get these plants chopped and trimmed so I'll be super busy.
I probably wont be able to update the harvest until early next week but I'll be sure to take plenty of pics of the chop, the bbq, and maybe even a few bands!

Hey - I am wearing that shirt right now! (the SSV shirt)

My favorite tee shirt to chill in. I just have to remember what company I wear it in. :)

Nice score btw!!

Bandit,
Thanks Buddy, where would I get extra risers from Lowe's/Depot. I am excited about getting ready for my journal probably a multi strain grow like yourself, OMM, and a few other you guy have really inspired me to get locked into the process and share the experience with you guys. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

Hey - I am wearing that shirt right now! (the SSV shirt)

My favorite tee shirt to chill in. I just have to remember what company I wear it in. :)

Nice score btw!!

Nice!!
No doubt about being conscious of the company when wearing some ssv gear. Definately cant wear it to work.... :Rasta:
The wife already claimed the dime bag so it's gonna be funny watching her get reactions from grocery baggers ;)

Bandit,
Thanks Buddy, where would I get extra risers from Lowe's/Depot. I am excited about getting ready for my journal probably a multi strain grow like yourself, OMM, and a few other you guy have really inspired me to get locked into the process and share the experience with you guys. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.
Those things are made by botanicare so you wont find them at HD or Lowes....If there's a local hydro shop near you that will be your best bet. They should only be about $1.50 so if you have to order one make sure they dont jack you on shipping and you end up paying $10 or something....You might also be able to find one on ebay

Just a drive bye. I myself found those box fans cheap and they last forever it seems. This was a old one from the house I confiscated To hang it it takes 3 hooks and some string. They move plenty of air. When If I ever getter done, I plan on 4 of these in a 10X12' room. I will also have a 6" HO Can fan for air exchange. I'm hoping I can do away with the air ductwork. The duct work takes up so much space because of the light rails. But this is fully functional;
Fans2.JPG

Keep em Green

Bandit420 said:
Wow!! I gotta take another look at those guys. They also make a coco A & B that would work in my garden...time to do some research and price evaluations

Hey man. Just got back and was doing some catch up on the journals. Looking good as usual. The House&Garden lineup is, in my opinion the best nutrient's on the market today.

I currently and probably forever more will be using the Soil A/B base, Roots Ex, and Shooting Powder. The Roots is amazing stuff. It creates MASSIVE root masses. I always check my root masses after I chop. I never was able to get a 20g pot rootbound until I started using this stuff. Now it is a consistent thing. Anyways, I could ramble more but ehhh. Give them a shot one day and I bet you never go back.

Thanks V!!!

Man, so many good nutes and not enough gardens to try 'em all at once. :Rasta:
Right now my shelves are stocked with Bio Thrive and Floranova as well as a plethora of supplements and other goodies.

IMG_18284.JPG

I'll more than likely never stop using the BioThrive line becuase it has done very well for me but the Floranova is on the bubble of being replaced because of all the outstnding things i've read about H&G. I like Nova a lot but the nastiness is getting tiring.
Once I use up all this Nova it probably will be replaced by H&G or the Bio Bizz stuff I've also heard some great things about.

btw if anybody wants to know anything about what's on my shelf... no problem, ask away. Products in the background out of view include Earth Juice Natural ph up & down, EJ Humic, Plant Success Soluble, and Jungle Rain Clean Leaf :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom