Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Re: Bandit420's Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Sure are a busy beaver. Drip from tubro. What are you using for catch pan in the flower room? Or are you flowering in the turbo? I'm very intrested in what ya get. I've always thought that was a nice clean little unit. Hey thats some cool glass. Always wanted to least watch someone do some in person. Hey I'll look back laters Hope that harvest works out great Lates

Hey bandit, looks like it was snowing in your grow room!

Those plants look amazing and I love your setup. I just read through your entire journal and took in so much useful information. I have been reading around these forums for awhile now slowly learning everday. I have my entire room setup except for my grow method. I wanted to do hydro but starting checking out some info on coco and I think you completely sold me on doing a coco mix hydro style.

good job bro and thanks..

subscribed!

Re: Vegetation Station

After clones take root they go to veg for anywhere between 5 and 10 days. In veg they are potted up into modified 3 liter Air Pots filled with coco chips.
Once they are in the pots they're home for vegging is a diy cab built out of plywood and painted flat white. It measures 3' wide x 4' deep x 5' tall.
Lighting the veg cab is a Hydrofarm 4' long, six bulb t5ho light. It's power rating is 324 watts and pushes 30,000 lumens.
The hydro system is a Botanicare Turbogarden ebb & flo system set to flood 3x daily during lights on.
The nutes used are GH FloraNova Grow (10ml / gallon) + Plant Success Soluble

IMG_13375.JPG

What coco were you using for vegging here?

Bandit I love how detailed you are being with giving your information, and your maps you are drawing and the amount of pictures your giving. Really thorough journal you have going on.. Back a page you were talking about buying controllers, and Ive also been looking at investing in some CO2 equipment.
The DIGIGROW... so you said its simply a regulator controller combo.. and as regulators are running about $150. The controller is about 150 as well... DId you read anything about the CAP systems? They have on in particular the AIR-4 that runs on HTG for $279 i beleive. That does Temp/ Humidity/ and CO2 as well witha photosensor so it wont turn on when your lights are off. An if you HAVE heard of it, what made you not go with that, as that with a regulator would have only been been about $130 more?

Its Karma brother.

Awsome thread. You Rock Bandit.
I agree Bro! The Ganja Gods had their hands all over this one :Namaste:
Thanks for the compliments!!

Sure are a busy beaver. Drip from tubro. What are you using for catch pan in the flower room? Or are you flowering in the turbo? I'm very intrested in what ya get. I've always thought that was a nice clean little unit. Hey thats some cool glass. Always wanted to least watch someone do some in person. Hey I'll look back laters Hope that harvest works out great Lates

The Hempy I run is very different from the original Hempy. The plants are in 3 gallon buckets with drilled out bottoms. Those 3 gallon buckets nest inside 5 gallon buckets that have the traditional Hempy hole.
My hempy holes are down at the bottom of the buckets instead of being 2 inches up from the bottom and they have drain tubing plugged into the Hempy hole. The drain tubing goes to a collection bucket and that's how I catch run off!:grinjoint:

Hey bandit, looks like it was snowing in your grow room!

Those plants look amazing and I love your setup. I just read through your entire journal and took in so much useful information. I have been reading around these forums for awhile now slowly learning everday. I have my entire room setup except for my grow method. I wanted to do hydro but starting checking out some info on coco and I think you completely sold me on doing a coco mix hydro style.

good job bro and thanks..

subscribed!

Cool Bro! If you have any questions about anything I do...,fire away!
I'm really liking working with coco. Now that my plants are in flush they pretty much falling of the table nute wise which is telling me that there is very little to zero nute and salt build up in the medium. :high-five:

What coco were you using for vegging here?
That was a blend of mushy coir & chunks in the 1 gallon of mush to 5 gallons of chunk ratio.
Thanks for stopping by sicilianswag!

Bandit I love how detailed you are being with giving your information, and your maps you are drawing and the amount of pictures your giving. Really thorough journal you have going on.. Back a page you were talking about buying controllers, and Ive also been looking at investing in some CO2 equipment.
The DIGIGROW... so you said its simply a regulator controller combo.. and as regulators are running about $150. The controller is about 150 as well... DId you read anything about the CAP systems? They have on in particular the AIR-4 that runs on HTG for $279 i beleive. That does Temp/ Humidity/ and CO2 as well witha photosensor so it wont turn on when your lights are off. An if you HAVE heard of it, what made you not go with that, as that with a regulator would have only been been about $130 more?
I will have to look it up but I'm pretty sure the CAP AIR 4 is an enviromental controller that can also control a co2 device like a DigiGrow or a co2 timer. The way it works is that it will turn on and off fans, blowers, dehumidifiers, and/or an ac to control air temps and humidity levels while at the same time it will shut down a co2 injection if it's in exaust mode so it's not wasting gas.
The CAP controller you want that will eliminate the need for an additional co2 controller is a CAP model that has Fuzzy Logic technology. The Fuzzy Logic controllers are probably the best around and they have a price tag to show it. They control all aspects of the enviroment in one ez to use controller.
I use four devices to do what one Fuzzy Logic controller can do....
I use two $40 portable thermostats to control light temps and to turn on a window unit ac during the hot seasons.
To controll humidity I use an Active Air 8" duct booster fan plugged into a timer. I dont run this during lights on because it will exaust the co2. It runs for 15 minutes every hour during lights off. It does a really good job eliminating danky odor and humidity.
And then the last controller is the DigiGrow to inject the gas. The end result is almost $500 worth of control devices to do the job one $800 Fuzzy Logic can do ;)

I've already started the Soil A and B and will start the Bud XL when they start to flower. I might be able to squeeze another product or two into the budget in the next couple weeks, I have to be careful cause the woman is on to me:) I'm going for the roots excelurator for sure and maybe something like sweet or maybe a couple flavor enhancers for the fruity strains that are on the way:). I don't need the shooting powder cause I'm using the moab which is very high in P and K. The other thing that comes up when I start thinking about a whole line of nutes is the ppm, I'm not metering ppm but know if I start their feeding schedule my ppms will be through the roof. The products in their line that I'm not sure about for soil are multi enzyme, drip clean, and top booster, what do you think?

Was it a 4 stage grinder:) Hate my 3 stage, thing needs to be cleaned all the time. I was so stoked on getting good discounts on the glass I didn't even think about grinders! Next go round:high-five: Can't wait to see the new glass

:peace:
I think you'll find that the H&G A,B,BudXL, and MultiZyme will cover all of your bases just fine. The sweetener is someting you can add and maybe the moab at a low dosage after week three & four should be more than enough.
Yeah it's a 4 stage grinder with the kief sifter screen in the bottom chamber. I'm loving it! :)

pics of the grinder, garden, & glass are coming soon ;)

Hey Bandit! My usual 3 pages behind but now I'm caught up again. I don't even know what half the stuff is you talk about but it's a great read :)

When did they add the like/share thing?

Take care buddy...

ps do you ever hear from Red Dawg?

Hey Bandit! My usual 3 pages behind but now I'm caught up again. I don't even know what half the stuff is you talk about but it's a great read :)

When did they add the like/share thing?

Take care buddy...

ps do you ever hear from Red Dawg?

Well if you keep reading these next few pics will really make you say WTF???

The like share thing popped up the other day. I think it's kinda cool...like a rep thing, perfect for me when i go into lurker mode and i like what i'm reading and have nothing to say or i'm too high to post :)

No word from RD....I hope all is good with him. :roorrip:

Hey Bandit - love the improvements in your floor plan/system. Nice score on the Triple Bubbler and freebies! :slide:
Thanks bro! I'm always looking to make things a little better each grow :smokin:

Cool thanks!

I will pick up the multi enzyme for sure then. The MOAB is used instead of the shooting powder in the last two weeks before the flush. I'll also look into the Vita Grow as a replacement for the excelurator. I still have a couple packets of Roots Organics Oregonism XL so maybe I should give that a try as well. Do you have a recommendation for sweeteners that go well with H&G line?

I'll get my pics up later too:)
When I was given the H&G line I was told that was all I needed so that's all I used for that grow. No sweeteners or anything but if I was to go with it again I would use a late bloom booster like MOAB and a sweetner like Floranectar or Sweet. Something that's not too thick & gummy....

Thanks for the info bandit!

I have some Burmese and vanilla Kush seeds on the way, they should be here any day now. Anyways with these I want to keep a mother plant of each. Have you kept your mothers in this coco mix before or do you stick to soil?

Youlost me when the bowl stopped being full:grinjoint:

Sorry Bro...The Creature ate the bud while I was taking pics :)

Thanks for the info bandit!

I have some Burmese and vanilla Kush seeds on the way, they should be here any day now. Anyways with these I want to keep a mother plant of each. Have you kept your mothers in this coco mix before or do you stick to soil?

Yeah I keep my mamas in 3 1/2 gallon air pots filled with that same coco blend.
However for my next set of mamas I'm thinking of using straight chunky and using some diy waterfarm bucket systems so they're watered automatically.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I think the creature is covering for you!

Hey Bandit! When I looked at the feeding schedule that I got from a friend the floraNectar and sweet were both on his list. since you recommended the same I went ahead and got them as well as the multi enzyme and Dyna Grow Pro Tekt. The pro tekt improves heat and drought tolerance, increases risistance to environmental stress, and enhances growth for stronger, hardier plants. NPK is 0-0-3
I would go with Floranectar or Sweet.
I like Floranectar a bit better than Sweet because it has a few more goodies in it. Not only will the molasses & humic in the Floranectar feed the beneficials your using (Oregonism) but it will also add magnessium, potasium, & sulfer. The mag is good because cannabis eats large amounts of it, the potassium will help build buds and strengthen the stalks & stems, and the sulfur will bring out the natural flavors of your strain.
Sweet is pretty much just molasses, potassium, & sulfur.
The Protekt is very interesting. I've been reading about the silica lately and i'm looking to use it my coco. Protekt is'nt available here but Silica Blast is, I just have'nt bought or used it yet
When I was looking for a new coir substrate to use with the chunky coco I went with GH's Just Right Xtra. One of the main reasons why I picked it is because it has diotomite silica stone in the mix so I'm hoping that will cover the need for silica in my blend.

Free Grinder from Wholesale Headshop

IMG_17792.JPG

IMG_17801.JPG

Here's what the free grinder from Wholesale Headshop looks like!
They also sent a blue plastic grinder which is cool but this thing is freakin' awesome!
I almost bought one several weeks back and I'm glad I did'nt because this is way better than the $40 grinder I was looking at.
Thanks JB!!!

btw~ I'm gonna keep the kief collecter on for several months just to see how big of a collection I can accumulate :grinjoint:

YouTube - THIRD WORLD - 96 DEGREES IN THE SHADE

IMG_17956.JPG

IMG_18003.JPG

IMG_17981.JPG

IMG_17973.JPG

Final flush mode now for these ladies. They've been pushed about as hard as I could push them on all limits.
The co2 has been cut off for this ripening and they're getting plain water every other day.
I also need to come up with a better trellis or stake system because these plants tore up their bamboo stakes. The fans get them leaning and the buds are so heavy they start laying on each other or falling like dominoes. This problem has become a daily rodeo and i need to fix it. I'm thinking tomato trellis for the next grow.

IMG_18032.JPG

The seedlings could be doing better. All of the Blackwater seem to be lagging and there's some funkyness to a few others I dont like. The LAW looks good and that matters a bunch since I want a LA Woman mother but I'm just not sure about the Blackwater.
I'm thinking about popping more seeds if i dont see better results after some changes I made today.
I gave them all some General Organics Bio Marine for a bump and i changed out the stock Hydrofarm bulbs to some Quantum Horticulture bulbs in the light.
The next watering I give them some mild FloraNova and if I dont see anything I like I'll bring in the next contestants.....
Tangerine Dream, Afghan Kush, & Vanilla Kush

Good stuff brother! Let me know how LAW does. I've heard great things and want to give it a try next time around. Would you suggest mixing my mushy coir with chunks or perlite? Also thinking about trying out those air pots.

Good stuff brother! Let me know how LAW does. I've heard great things and want to give it a try next time around. Would you suggest mixing my mushy coir with chunks or perlite? Also thinking about trying out those air pots.
I prefer chunks over perlite but others prefer perlite...
Hydroton, hygromite, & lava rock are also great with mushy coir :smokin:

LAW is one of my faves of all time. After I grow her for a while I think I might go to her kin folk and grow some batches of LA Confidential and Martian Mean Green :)

Ive gotten my hands on LAC before thats actully how i stumbled onto LAW. Probably some of the best smoke ive had. I tried searching to see if anyone had mixed hydroton and coco and couldnt find anything. Is it a good mix? i dont mind buying some chunk but i have 50 lbs of hydroton just haning out.

Back
Top Bottom