Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

IMG_072310.JPG

Here we go again Ladies & Gentlemen!

I run a perpetual personal garden that hauls between 6 and 8 harvest per year. Rather than covering one or several strains from seed to harvest this journal will cover the entire 2011 growing season.
Like my previous journal this thread will also dabble into all aspects of being a grower and connoisseur of hi grade cannabis.
Hash, fine glass, and the customization of a Silver Surfer Vaporizer will be covered here. I might even get into edibles!

The stars of this show will of course be the ladies! The pride and love I have for my gardens is huge! My ladies deserve the best of everything and I certainly try to provide it.
Quality of the harvest is paramount but at the same time the gardens must be ez to maintain and operate. I believe I have found the perfect combo of the two for me. I'm growing the best meds I've ever had while at the same time creating a custom garden that is very ez to operate. In fact it practically runs on autopilot.

My growroom is divided into 4 stations.
There is a tent for mother plants, a cloning/seedling station, a veg cab for clones & seedlings, and a bloom cab. All of it is crammed into a 10'x10' bedroom.
Everything in my grow room is hard core. You'll quickly realize that I dont play when it comes to hi quality gear and I use it in some of the most innovative ways I can imagine.
The main attraction is of course the custom bloom cab. In there I have built one of the baddest lighting arrays for a personal grow you will ever see. Over 1000 watts & 150,000 lumens of bud building firepower!
Also making the cab it's home is my custom diy hydro system. Also known as SkunkWorks this coco bucket system made it's trial run on my last crop and was a tremendous success.
After the 1st harvest the prototype system was expanded to ten sites and an ez water system has been built just for it.
Soon I'll be posting all the gory details on the system and how it works. If you thought Hempy was ez, wait 'till you see SkunkWorks!

IMG_08287.JPG

The two main strains that will be grown are my faves, OG Kush and LA Woman. The two strains will be alternated thru bloom so I'll be doing a crop of OG and then a crop of LAW. Eventually other strains of Kush and LA Confidential will be grown but for now we're rolling with the OG & LAW.

For the outdoor season I'll be popping every seed I have on hand for a multistrain outdoor grow. That will include OG & Vanilla Kush, LAW, AK48, Yumbolt 47, White & Blue Widow, Cali Hash Plant, and several others.

I may also start a real deal breeding project to create a genuine new strain. Right now I'm mostly looking into doing an OG Chemdawg male x with a LA Woman female. I'm looking into how to do the backcrossing and everything to make sure I really create something new rather just doing a one time pollination.

So that about covers what's on the agenda for 2011 in my garden!
Sit back, blaze the fire, and enjoy the show!:rollit:

The Mother Ship

Home to 2 OG Kush mother plants at this time is a 2'x3'x5' tent.

The plants are in 3.5 gallon Air Pots filled with a custom coco chips and coco coir blend. They're hand watered with a FloraNova veg solution every other day. They also get a feeding of Plant Success Soluble every two weeks.

They've just about outgrown the tent. Time to prune them back!

IMG_13866.JPG

IMG_13094.JPG

Providing light for the mamas is a Tek 2 Power Compact T5HO light from HTG over head and two 24" single strip T5HO lights from Hydrofarm provide side lighting.

As you can see 158 watts & 14,000 lumens of T5HO lighting + some air pots does an outstanding job growing big bushy mamas cabable of yielding dozens of clones between the two plants

Re: Bandit420's Hydro Coco A GoGo

Very nice! I love it when people "do it right" and spare no expense. Taking pride in your hobby is a must. From what I see so far I am impressed.
Combine knowledge, dedication, good equiptment and a little love and you can't fail. :)
I will be watching.

Jonny

Sounds like exciting times ahead Bandit420, .. its great to be able to join you from the start:morenutes:
:peacetwo:Bass

Dear Mother of Greens! :thumb:

I'll pull up a bean bag and puff on a few :joint:

Thanks for stepping in Fellas! It's always a joy to have other outstanding growers checking in! Comments and suggestions are always welcomed!!
Especially on breeding lol! ;)
I hope y'all enjoy show!! :rollit:

The Cloning Station

To clone my girls I went for the best. A 30 site Ez Cloner. I've built my own versions of this machine with solid success but when I came across one on sale I could'nt resist. It's one of my best buys yet.
Sure the diys can do the job well and a myriad of other cloning methods work good but one run with a Ez Cloner had me in love with this monster.

Ez Cloners truly are a set it and forget it cloner. It's so ez to run and works so good it's not even funny. Plus it payed for itself ($157) on it's very first run. With clones costing $10-$25 at dispensaries and seeds costing about $10 and up per bean the 1st run that produced 12 OG Kush clones made the buy worth every penny.

IMG_13885.JPG

My witches brew for cloning is 40ml /gallon of Clonex solution and I use VitaGrow Dip

IMG_12065.JPG

IMG_12266.JPG

Lighting the EZ Cloner is a custom built t5ho light. This light is two modular single strip t5ho lights daisy chained together using the special hardware that comes with the reflector kits for these lights.
Modular t5hos are a great option for any grower that wants to use t5ho but needs to save a bit of $ over buying ready built lights. They come in 2 and 4 foot lengths and as many as eight can be connected at one time. These lights are equipped with electronic ballasts that dont make any noise or have any flicker. The 2' lights here are 24 watt & 2280 lumens each.

IMG_13903.JPG

Very nice! I love it when people "do it right" and spare no expense. Taking pride in your hobby is a must. From what I see so far I am impressed.
Combine knowledge, dedication, good equiptment and a little love and you can't fail. :)
I will be watching.

Jonny

Glad to have you stop by Stilletto! I can already tell you and I share a brain! You're really gonna like what you see go down here Bro!!

Vegetation Station

After clones take root they go to veg for anywhere between 5 and 10 days. In veg they are potted up into modified 3 liter Air Pots filled with coco chips.
Once they are in the pots they're home for vegging is a diy cab built out of plywood and painted flat white. It measures 3' wide x 4' deep x 5' tall.
Lighting the veg cab is a Hydrofarm 4' long, six bulb t5ho light. It's power rating is 324 watts and pushes 30,000 lumens.
The hydro system is a Botanicare Turbogarden ebb & flo system set to flood 3x daily during lights on.
The nutes used are GH FloraNova Grow (10ml / gallon) + Plant Success Soluble

IMG_13375.JPG

Thanks BD!!

That's one of my all time faves too! Along with Young Lust & Have A Cigar. Welcome to the Machine always makes me think of my growroom lol!
:peace:

Haha my last grow was 'Good Lovin' Gone Bad'.

My room looks more like a janitor's closet than a machine, I'll have to think on it's theme song.

I don't know Young Lust is that Pink Floyd? When I was your guy's age we used to get my dog stoned and play Animals, that was just cruel. Always loved Wish You Were Here too.

Haha my last grow was 'Good Lovin' Gone Bad'.

My room looks more like a janitor's closet than a machine, I'll have to think on it's theme song.

I don't know Young Lust is that Pink Floyd? When I was your guy's age we used to get my dog stoned and play Animals, that was just cruel. Always loved Wish You Were Here too.

Yeah Young Lust is Floyd. It's the one from The Wall that plays when dude goes nuts in his room after the show. The hottie is trying to hook up but dude is on the brink of madness and then....Snap! He goes off and trashes the joint.

Wish You Were Here always makes me sad. That one and Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Both are tributes to one of the founding members, Syd Barret, who went crazy before the band was huge. In fact ol Syd past on a few years back. RIP Crazy Diamond!
:roorrip:

Yeah Young Lust is Floyd. It's the one from The Wall that plays when dude goes nuts in his room after the show. The hottie is trying to hook up but dude is on the brink of madness and then....Snap! He goes off and trashes the joint.

Wish You Were Here always makes me sad. That one and Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Both are tributes to one of the founding members, Syd Barret, who went crazy before the band was huge. In fact ol Syd past on a few years back. RIP Crazy Diamond!
:roorrip:

My faves are probably Wish You Were Here, and Have a Cigar. But I love all Floyd. Dark Side is amazing start to finish...

BTW - Nice Plants Bandit420! Very nice set-up, hope you don't mind me tagging along.

Happy growing!

My faves are probably Wish You Were Here, and Have a Cigar. But I love all Floyd. Dark Side is amazing start to finish...

BTW - Nice Plants Bandit420! Very nice set-up, hope you don't mind me tagging along.

Happy growing!

Not at all xlr8! Make yourself at home! The bong is on the table next to the vape and drinks are in the fridge!

Dark Side to me is the Mona Lisa of music. Timeless, priceless, & perfect!
:rollit:

And here's the plants today! They've been in the bloom cab for only three days now. The time between them in the cloner till now has only been 8 days.

IMG_13926.JPG

This thing will go super fast so grab the rail and hang on!

The logistics of this bloom cab are extensive. An entire post describing how this monster runs will come in a future post.
:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom