Jango's Hydro CFL Snow White Grow! No Dwarves Allowed!

Well the fan I have is rated at 250cfm so I think it will be adequate. I only had enough time to hook up and hang the light and exhaust fan so tomorrow I'll hook up the ducting and test it out for awhile while i do a res change

Tested the light out for awhile yesterday, things seem to be working fine, Temps were around 79 - 81 but thats where they were at already when i finished hooking it up. Unhooked my cfl's that were used for flowering so Betty is now under the HPS. I left the light a good 2' above the top of the plant. Anyone have a recommended height for a 600w light?? Ive read around 1 to 2 ft so i figured i better leave it at at least two for now since im switching over to a light so much more powerful lol. Temp started at 72 this morning and was stable the whole time i was there so we'll see what its at later today. Here's a few pics! *sigh* when looking at this beauty i cant help but feel a bit sad thinking that there should be two of them had the one night died on me :roorrip:

0526011832.jpg

0527010928.jpg

0527010925.jpg

It's always sad when you lose one. I would think 2 feet is pretty good for your light - you might be able to get it closer. I use 400's so I'm not as sure with the 600, but my guess is that will be a good distance. As long as the area near the top of the plant is comfortable for your hand to be there, the plant should like it okay.

How goes it Jango?! Grats on the aquisition of the new lighting. I remember getting mine and being very excited to see what it would do for my girls ... I'm sure it will make a difference for you as well. I kept my 600 as close as 8" as long as the temps were ok and, like Xlr8 said, my hand could be held at the top of the plant without it feeling uncomfortable. I am new like you my friend but I think you can get a bit closer than 2'.:peace:

How goes it Jango?! Grats on the aquisition of the new lighting. I remember getting mine and being very excited to see what it would do for my girls ... I'm sure it will make a difference for you as well. I kept my 600 as close as 8" as long as the temps were ok and, like Xlr8 said, my hand could be held at the top of the plant without it feeling uncomfortable. I am new like you my friend but I think you can get a bit closer than 2'.:peace:

Good call Brocious - I've never used a 600, and to make matters worse I was reading and typing 600 and thinking 1000. I'm guessing you're completely right about getting closer. I should have left it at the part about your hand being comfortable, lol. New or not, sounds like you have much more experience than me on the height for 600's - I have zero! :)

Thanks for clearing that up ~ move it on down Jango!

Good call Brocious - I've never used a 600, and to make matters worse I was reading and typing 600 and thinking 1000. I'm guessing you're completely right about getting closer. I should have left it at the part about your hand being comfortable, lol. New or not, sounds like you have much more experience than me on the height for 600's - I have zero! :)

Thanks for clearing that up ~ move it on down Jango!

Done and done! Temps in the room got to a high of 75 at the top of the plants and 73 in the room so down we go!

Ok couple pics of the clones, not the greatest. Its really getting to the point where the old cell phone cam just isnt cutting it anymore!! lol so i definitely need to get back my good camera from my sister. At any rate here is a little info on the cloner im using, its botanicare power cloner, borrowed from my boss so we'll see how well it does.

"The Power Cloner 45™ allows you to easily root and clone your favorite plants. Place cuttings from any fruit, flower, herb, shrub, or tree into your Power Cloner and you'll be amazed at the prolific roots initiated in only 5 - 10 days. Power Cloners feature the aeroponics method of rooting cuttings and initiate much larger cuttings than conventional methods saving valuable gardening time."

It has a water pump thats hooked up to a pvc pipe around the top of the res with sprayers aimed at all the stems and an air pump with a couple small air stones. The cloning really needed to happen cause my two mothers are getting frickin huge. Basically besides the root rot incident my biggest problem through my whole grow is that my plants are growing bigger and faster than i can keep up with! Which as far as problems go id say thats a pretty good one to have! :yahoo: So with that said here's a couple pics of the clones and one of betty

0601012058.jpg

0601012059.jpg

She's coming along quite nicely! 4 weeks into flower as of today
0602010926.jpg

Oops! Forgot to turn the cloned pump back on this morning so my poor babies were pretty droopy after work! It's back on and it's been a few hrs so I'm willing to bet they've perked right back up by now! . . . Or so I hope lol

Hey there Jango, I only glanced throught the beginning but caught most of whats going on here, looking good bro! Congrats on getting the clones going, they look to have been from some good strong branches, and the moms are lookin mighty fine too! :goodjob: I'm subbed...

Hey there Jango, I only glanced throught the beginning but caught most of whats going on here, looking good bro! Congrats on getting the clones going, they look to have been from some good strong branches, and the moms are lookin mighty fine too! :goodjob: I'm subbed...
Ahhh hey quix welcome! I know how hard it is to keep up with everyone journals lol, I can hardly keep up with my own so thanks for joining! Yeah the moms are doing reaaally well! It's to the point where I have to keep pruning them just to control their size!

Plant looks really nice Jango - hopefully the clones are perking back up. :cheer:
Oh yeah, they definitely forgave me and perked right on up! No roots yet but today is only day 4 of em in there so they're looking good

Dude, I could have sworn you replied to me earlier, a post about pullin the plug??? Hope you didnt have to, hit me up n let me know if you pulled that post too, I'm highly confused right now...Damn cookies....:scratchinghead: My clones are doin swell for 16 days in the bubbler, with no res change, just posted an update, feel free to swing by bro. Hope all is well!!:peacetwo:

Dude, I could have sworn you replied to me earlier, a post about pullin the plug??? Hope you didnt have to, hit me up n let me know if you pulled that post too, I'm highly confused right now...Damn cookies....:scratchinghead: My clones are doin swell for 16 days in the bubbler, with no res change, just posted an update, feel free to swing by bro. Hope all is well!!:peacetwo:

Hahaha indeed, my last post that turned into a dot was a post about pulling the plug on the clones and i was trying to put in a video that wasnt cooperating and then the boss came in so i had to quick put a . for my post and close it! So this post is gonna cover where exactly i am right now in my grow and where im trying to go with it lol

So first off id just like to say that this grow has waaay exceeded my expectations. The original intent was to make a stealth cabinet and have 4 smallish plants and to build a room around the cabinet for added security. But what it has turned into is an entirely different beast! A massive bushy marijuana plants beast that is consumed with growing bigger, faster, stronger lol!! So here's the timeline of how things have gone.

1)Seeds were started a bit before i was ready with the room
2)Rushed to get the room mostly finished to get ready for plants
3)Put brothers plants in cabinet while babies vegged
4)Brothers plants taking too long, didnt want to chop early, vegging plants getting too big
5)Scramble to build a new vegging set up to accomodate mothers, clones, vegging plants
6)Chopped all brothers plants, good smoke, vegged plants too big for cabinet, heat in cabinet also an issue
7)Scramble to get parts needed out of cabinet to switch vegged plants over to flower
8)Heat in room an issue, room size an issue, all plants getting too big!
9)Left for weekend, developed bad root rot, lost one plant (probably ultimately a good thing!)
10)Scramble to get better setup, more air, better lighting
11)Air and temps controlled and fixed, new light, plants are huge, room too small.
12)Took clones, mother plants still growing like steroid freaks, continual pruning required

So thats where im at now so the reason for pulling the plug on the clones is mainly because i need to slow things way down and get my setup situated first. The room we built is decent size, probably around 8x8 BUT ceiling is low, about 7 ft as its in a basement and there is a 4x4 square of the ceiling that is dropped down to about 5.5 ft from the stair landing above which is a major obstacle in the room. The current plan is to add another room onto the room which will be about another 8x8 room thus giving me one room for all vegging and one for flowering as that has become a major issue too. I currently have black plastic draped down the middle of the room which is a real hassle to deal with everyday to open and close for lighting purposes. Also while my buckets and tubs are working fantastic res changes are also becoming quite a task with the plants being so big, and getting bigger. So im planning on building a NFT system with one big res for much easier maintenance or some other system that utilizes one big res so i dont have to deal with lifting and moving the plants everytime.

I plan to take my current two mothers and flower them probably scrog style since they are already huge and not worry about making a bunch of clones as i dont even have my setup for them ready yet. I have my hands full with what i have and i have plenty of seeds left! Not to mention a lot of different strains. I have the NL and SW running now but i also have the following strains, Tangerine Dream Feminized, White Dwarf Auto Fem, Syrup Auto Fem, Emerald Jack Fem, Grapefruit Krush Fem, and Super Sour OG Fem. The Tangerine dream is the only one i have multiple seeds of, the rest were free samples.

To sum up this super long update the plants are on a mission and ive been simply struggling to keep up! Im gonna set up the new room, come up with my new res system and flower what i have and start fresh with the MASSIVE amount of knowledge i have gained from studying, reading, and talking to all of you from what you all have done and the priceless experience you gain from doing things yourself. So here's to me and especially all of you! :bravo::adore:

And in addition how bout a few more pics!!!

Family Photo, the front is my two mothers and the background is Betty flowering away, you can see already the room isnt big enough as i have to stand outside it for this pic and still cant get it all in frame!
0609011812a.jpg

And here is some root action from betty and a pic of her, 4 Very nice tops coming in and massive wings growing out from the bottom, TONS of bud sites :high-five:
The roots are only a little bigger now from when they first were when i got the root rot, so i can only imagine what they would be like had that not happened! These cell pics are ridiculous and dont even begin to show her true size and beauty, when i get my camera back from my sister its about to be picture overload in here as it is a VERY nice camera, like professional style boys and girls! :)
0609011730.jpg

0609011732a.jpg

Holy sh!t kittens dude! Thats some root mass there brotha! girls look great!

Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick Jango! Got to agree with Quix ... massive anchors on that girl brotha! Sounds like you've been doing some hard studyin' on what your goals are and how best to achieve them ... fine work farmer.:peace:

Hahahaha fantastic exclamations! Thanks guys! I'll have to take a pic of my two mother plants roots next, they make my poor little 3" net cups look like they're about to explode!

In addition my clones must have heard me talking tuff about pulling the plug on them cause over the weekend 5 of them have sprouted roots :) So i guess for anyone who is having trouble cloning all you have to do is threaten your plants with death and they'll jump right in line! lol

Back
Top Bottom