1st Grow - 2 x Vision Northern Lights Auto/Fem - Coco - 2 x Mars Hydro 300W LEDs

Hey IJ looks like your having some good fun with the oils and caps. We will have to give those a try on our next go around, are they giving you good results? Just curious on how potent they are because the oil we did, takes like 2ml to feel anything but, the CCO we did was almost too strong lol yea I know, too strong sounds goofy but, like a 1/4 grain of rice size sent me into lala land.

Blessed buds our friend

Heya AB! I am having some fun with the caps. That said, they aren't super strong. I ate 5 of them at once last night around 9 and they did enough that I only vaped one bowl all night. I get some good body buzz and pain relief but as far as the head buzz goes, the 5 at one time seemed to be a good starting point for me. I'm going to make some '00' caps soon and plan to continue the experimentation and upping the dosage. I do plan to eventually try the CCO, but working my way up! Cheers to you and your wife, AB! :)

:passitleft:

Day 124 from seed and 84 since preflowers. She's still got lots of new pistils forming and trichs are maybe 25% cloudy and very few ambers.

Tied her together because outside branches are getting weighed down and dropping outside the primo light real estate. Added blumats too. Not sure they will be able to keep the coco moist enough for her 5 day solo adventure next week. I guess she'll have her little sister sitting next to her to cheer her on. :)

420-magazine-mobile1097890892.jpg

Little sis..

420-magazine-mobile521338350.jpg

Really? I thought 1 pc will be enough for a first time smoker...then keep two for me...:volcano-smiley:
You'll probably need more than 1 if you want to feel anything from it. :) :passitleft:

IJ what do you think of the bud washing? Noticeable differance in taste? Just wondering what your thoughts are on this. I see some people doing it, some swearing to only do it and others not so much.

Hope all is well in your world our friend

Blessed Buds
Heya AB! I hope you are well, brother. :passitleft:

I washed my first harvest and will probably continue to do so even though I can't say if it makes a difference or not in smoke quality.

This northern lights in nice tasting out of a vaporizer but when I smoked a joint of it the other day it tasted like... not good at all. Reminded me of the terrible stuff I used to smoke 20 years ago when I didn't know any better. Now, maybe it was the 10+ year old papers I was using? Not sure. Will try again with some new papers soon... and maybe research a bit first on a good paper to use if you want to taste the weeeeed.

It makes sense to me to wash off some of the dust and grime that's been hitting and sticking to these girls' buds for 3+ months of their lives. When I look at the bud with the magnifier I'm constantly seeing hairs (not pistils ;)), fibers, and other particles that are probably not wanted. So, yeah, if I can get some of that stuff off of them without ruining the taste or the high, I'm all bout doing it.

I can't believe it's going past 125 days for you. Matilda is still looking like a long term investment as well. I think I need to make adjustments to my timeframe expectations in the future.
Heya MP! I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. :passitleft:

Crazy, I know! NL#1 is 133 days from seed (day 95 of flower lol) today. I was looking at her trichomes the other day and some ambers were showing. Many more than when I harvested NL#3... which has been the plan. So the flush started yesterday and I'm hoping she's still somewhat alive when I get back to her on Wednesday or Thursday. :/

Not sure if she can come back at all or if I'll have to just go ahead and harvest. I'll see how she does with the good drenching I gave her. She was bone dry and leaning way over when I got home from my 6 day trip. :/

420-magazine-mobile213629444.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1105061865.jpg

she didn't got enough water during your holiday?:Namaste:
You got it, SS.. she's in 100% coco with a fabric pot and needs a sh*t-ton of water to keep her healthy. I drenched her good before I left. Also set her on a tub full of water and perlite, plugged 3 Blumats into her base, and wrapped a garbage bag up over the side the fan was blowing from. I'm interested to see how she responds.. I do notice that she's ultra-sticky now. Lots of ambers, but lots of clears too (will get better pics tmrw)... still some fresh white, albeit crinkled and hobbled pistils. Maybe the water will bring her back to a new plant by morning. Who knows, maybe I'll find that I stumbled onto some new successful technique in getting mega doses of sticky goodness. Lol. Here's hoping. :)

Sent using the 420Mag mobile app.

Not sure if she can come back at all or if I'll have to just go ahead and harvest. I'll see how she does with the good drenching I gave her. She was bone dry and leaning way over when I got home from my 6 day trip. :/

420-magazine-mobile213629444.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1105061865.jpg
Bummer, IJ. Crossing fingers that it's not as bad as it looks and she revives for you. Can't be a total loss, regardless, right? or no?

Bummer, IJ. Crossing fingers that it's not as bad as it looks and she revives for you. Can't be a total loss, regardless, right? or no?
I ended up harvesting last night, MP. It was already going through the drying process on the stalk. The watering didn't turn anything around. Maybe it's just me, but this one seems a lot more sticky than NL#3 so maybe that's a good sign?

It came to about 400 grams.. we'll call it 'semi-wet'.

420-magazine-mobile431854097.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2071432074.jpg

Great grow, that's amazing for a first timer! Keep up the good work! I"II be closely watching your next grow!

Thanks smalltime! It's been a great learning experience so far and it wouldn't have been nearly as successful if it wasn't for all of the knowledge and support I've gained through the fantastic members of this site. I just started germinating another Vision NL and a Dinafem Industrial CBD plant. Stay tuned for the journal I'll be creating for those two. :)

Hi all, I hope you're well on this fine Sunday! I jarred up NL#1 today; 8 jars all together. I got the wide mouth jars this time, much better.

So both NL#1 AND NL#3 produced about 1/2 lb each.. making my first grow about 1lb between the 2 plants! I couldn't have imagined being so successful! As someone who has probably never had more than about a quarter of a jar in my possession at any particular time, this is crazy! I put all of the jars together on my dresser just to admire them. I think I'll cook up a more potent version of infused coconut oil soon. My last batch was about 1 jar per 2 cups of oil. I'm going to try and put 1 jar into 1 cup this time around and see what happens.

420-magazine-mobile48012606.jpg

Back
Top Bottom