1st Grow - 2 x Vision Northern Lights Auto/Fem - Coco - 2 x Mars Hydro 300W LEDs

Hi all! Thanks for checking in. AB! I did make some oil! I decarbed 100 grams of dried trim (90 mins. @ 240F). I then measured 2 cups of trim and 2 cups of coconut oil and mixed them into the crock pot ...

420-magazine-mobile1984082524.jpg

420-magazine-mobile52961658.jpg

Let that sit as close to 240F as I could for a total of about 6 hours.

I separated with some cheese cloth and then went into making some brownies with 2/3 cup of the cannaoil...

420-magazine-mobile1341939812.jpg

I proceeded to eat the whole pan of brownies in 2 days.

420-magazine-mobile1916282405.jpg

The brownies were great tasting. The oil, however, was clearly not very potent with any THC effect. Next time I'll be using sugar leaves and chinsy buds to make it. See what happens then. I hope to yield enough buds to make some CCO as well.

I did end up drying the early premature nugs and have been vaping those for a buzz. It's tasting good but the buzz could be stronger and last longer IMO.

420-magazine-mobile88048372.jpg

420-magazine-mobile241124594.jpg

I've got a lot going on over the next couple weeks. With out of town family coming to visit and my work schedule, I'll be spread rather thin for keeping up with forum stuff. I'll be checking in as I can though.

I hope all is well in your world and the green stickiness is playing in your favor.

Peace and love... peace and love.

Sent using the 420Mag mobile app.

At what temp did you bake the brownies??? Did you add lecithin to the oil or brownie mix?

At what temp did you bake the brownies??? Did you add lecithin to the oil or brownie mix?
I think I baked at 350 for 23 minutes. I'll have to check the box again when I get home, but whatever that said is what I did. I did not add lecithin this time, but I do have some on the way. Would that high temp kill the THC's potency?

I think I baked at 350 for 23 minutes. I'll have to check the box again when I get home, but whatever that said is what I did. I did not add lecithin this time, but I do have some on the way. Would that high temp kill the THC's potency?

YUP!!!

THC starts to vaporize right at 350* F, so when your recipe calls for higher temps, you need to adjust the temps down to about 325*F and bake for longer time. Adding the lecithin will also help, but is not a substitute for not having any THC due to cooking at too high a temp! :)

:cheer:I want to try one piece of your bread.:volcano-smiley:
Hi all! Thanks for checking in. AB! I did make some oil! I decarbed 100 grams of dried trim (90 mins. @ 240F). I then measured 2 cups of trim and 2 cups of coconut oil and mixed them into the crock pot ...

420-magazine-mobile1984082524.jpg

420-magazine-mobile52961658.jpg

Let that sit as close to 240F as I could for a total of about 6 hours.

I separated with some cheese cloth and then went into making some brownies with 2/3 cup of the cannaoil...

420-magazine-mobile1341939812.jpg

I proceeded to eat the whole pan of brownies in 2 days.

420-magazine-mobile1916282405.jpg

The brownies were great tasting. The oil, however, was clearly not very potent with any THC effect. Next time I'll be using sugar leaves and chinsy buds to make it. See what happens then. I hope to yield enough buds to make some CCO as well.

I did end up drying the early premature nugs and have been vaping those for a buzz. It's tasting good but the buzz could be stronger and last longer IMO.

420-magazine-mobile88048372.jpg

420-magazine-mobile241124594.jpg

I've got a lot going on over the next couple weeks. With out of town family coming to visit and my work schedule, I'll be spread rather thin for keeping up with forum stuff. I'll be checking in as I can though.

I hope all is well in your world and the green stickiness is playing in your favor.

Peace and love... peace and love.

:cheer:I want to try one piece of your bread.:volcano-smiley:

You're more than welcome to have a piece of my bread, Sara. I actually tried to share some with all of you the night I made them but for some reason the forum wouldn't allow me to upload pics. That issue is fixed now.

Hey IJ how are things going? Hope all is well down in your neck of the woods. I'm not very impressed with the oil we made, going to try a double shot of it tonight to see if it will have any kick but a single 1 ml shot is useless

:rofl:

Hey, Bro! I can tell that 1ml won't be anywhere near enough!

You said you used 2 cups of trim to 2 cups of oil. If you weighed the trim, I'd get you a little closer, but here are some estimates:

2 cups of trim = ~ 14 grams or 14,000 mg
% of THC = ~ 10% (that may even be high with no buds and I noticed a lot of stems in the mix)

Total available THC = 1,400 mg

1,400 got mixed into 2 cups (32 TBSP) of oil
Each TBSP of oil will have 43.75 mg of THC

My guess is you'll need at least 1/4 to 1/2 a TBSP of oil to even start feeling anything, and if the 2 c weighed less than the estimated 14 g or had less than the estimated 10% THC, it would be more.

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

Hey Mr. K, that was Arctic Bowl talking about the oil he made. This is still good info, however, so thanks for including it. I'll weigh mine next time and try to pick out the stems.

Hey Mr. K, that was Arctic Bowl talking about the oil he made. This is still good info, however, so thanks for including it. I'll weigh mine next time and try to pick out the stems.

You don't really need to pick out the stems because they do have some THC, but I would think nowhere near even the 10% I estimated for trim which means a larger dose (or more trim/stems in the same amount of oil) would be needed.

I always say that dosing edibles is very difficult because we have no practical way to test the THC content, but primo buds will hit something like 20%-25% THC and anything in the 15%-20% range is still some very good med's. When you start looking at trim and stems, the % of THC will be much lower.

First person to devise an affordable/accurate cannabinoid/terpene level testing device wins.

That would be me!!! As in I AM your affordable/accurate testing device!

Send me samples and I'll give you ratings on a scale of 1-10 at NO charge!

I'm highly accurate...or maybe just high, but open to samples! :rofl:

wow,so i should eat at night or in the mornning?:volcano-smiley:
You're more than welcome to have a piece of my bread, Sara. I actually tried to share some with all of you the night I made them but for some reason the forum wouldn't allow me to upload pics. That issue is fixed now.

Heya Sara and AB. :)

Sara, is up to you when you want to eat. No buzz with this batch. Hopefully the next batch will be different.

AB, here ya go bro...

Here's NL#1 at 100 days from seed. She still has a couple weeks to go at least, I think.

420-magazine-mobile1003079977.jpg

Here's NL#3 at 94 days from seed. She's starting to show just a few amber trichomes. I'm flushing her now and will probably harvest early next week.

420-magazine-mobile320098885.jpg

All is going well with the little one too. Soooo much easier using the Roots Organic/KindSoil combo. She's like a bonsai that gets watered every 5 days...

420-magazine-mobile1984191886.jpg

:thanks:I will give you my address.:volcano-smiley:
Heya Sara and AB. :)

Sara, is up to you when you want to eat. No buzz with this batch. Hopefully the next batch will be different.

AB, here ya go bro...

Here's NL#1 at 100 days from seed. She still has a couple weeks to go at least, I think.

420-magazine-mobile1003079977.jpg

Here's NL#3 at 94 days from seed. She's starting to show just a few amber trichomes. I'm flushing her now and will probably harvest early next week.

420-magazine-mobile320098885.jpg

All is going well with the little one too. Soooo much easier using the Roots Organic/KindSoil combo. She's like a bonsai that gets watered every 5 days...

420-magazine-mobile1984191886.jpg

Looking fantastic our friend!! Your gonna enjoy here pretty soon by the looks of things in your tent :thumb:

Blessed Buds IJ great work
Thanks so much, AB! Yeah, I'm getting pretty psyched for what these amazing beings will bring. I'm also feeling a bit like I want to put off the harvest. I love them just the way they are and they bring me joy, as is.

Back
Top Bottom