Second day after flipping the lights, and I'm thinking I might need to remove those huge fans at some point.
I've tucked them for now. If that works properly the plant will dump them herself.

Jack Herer- day 30

Skywalker OG- day 21

Plants grow like crazy in hempy! Looking forward! :Rasta:

Just be forewarned about having a side plant, many of them can be high-maintenance! :)
They do!
Lol, she hasn't demanded much yet, but I'll keep that in mind!
The last lot of JH were autos
Ahh, I didn't remember that!
Is she meant to be that light in green? Coz she’s way too light for my liking. But I have learned some strains run lighter.
She's honestly much darker here in person. That seems to be a consistent issue with my pics under LEDs. I'll try to adjust my camera settings to compensate.
She is a little lighter than I'm used to though.

Have you tried a Custom White Balance?
Ye gods some of these techy guys need to learn to make videos.
Just watched a tutorial on how to change the white balance.
Between the strong Slavic accent and the monotone I had a little trouble with zoning out. We'll see how well I understood the jolly northman this evening.

Ye gods some of these techy guys need to learn to make videos.
Just watched a tutorial on how to change the white balance.
Between the strong Slavic accent and the monotone I had a little trouble with zoning out. We'll see how well I understood the jolly northman this evening.
With most cameras:
Switch into any manual mode to access the menu
Go to AWB in the menu > select Custom from the options [sunlight, shade, tungsten, fluorescent etc]
It will ask you to take a photo of a white piece of paper placed directly under your lamp in the tent
Confirm, then it will then recalibrate based on the white in the picture

I won't crap on, but I just took a couple of shots to demonstrate
Note that WB affects exposure metering too
This is before & after
auto-white-balance.jpg

custom-white-balance.jpg

:hookah:

Yeah, I'll try again tomorrow.
These pics look a little screwy because my attempt to play with the white balance didn't go well this time, and I had to fix my mistake by altering the colour temp in the editor.
I didn't alter the colour temp of the last Skywalker OG pic to show you what I mean.
Upside is, tucking the leaves caused a lot of them to touch, building up moisture in between them. So I cut them off and used them to show you the real colour.

Jack Herer- day 31

Skywalker OG- day 22

With most cameras:
Switch into any manual mode to access the menu
Go to AWB in the menu > select Custom from the options [sunlight, shade, tungsten, fluorescent etc]
It will ask you to take a photo of a white piece of paper placed directly under your lamp in the tent
Confirm, then it will then recalibrate based on the white in the picture
Android actually makes it really easy. You select "Pro" mode and it's right there. Thing is, it's numbers on a slider, not a list of options. I got frustrated tonight as I've had a really long day. I'll try again tomorrow.
Oh wow!

Such a difference
Hopefully I'll get it right tomorrow, but for now the leaves I cut off should show you her true colour.

Btw, her sap smells kind of like burnt sugar, or sugar that's about to get burnt while baking.

What the heck? why are they so weird under the light?
You mean all light and yellowish?
The camera can't do what our brains can, and adjust to the spectrum of light the LEDs put out.
When you look at plants under, say, HPS lights you see them as green, but your camera shows them as orange. Same thing here.

But my brain doesn't do it properly either as visually plants under LED and Sunlight are also often worlds apart.
Well, it's not perfect. And intensity plays a role.
Jack is going to swallow the Skywalker in a couple of days! Maybe a booster seat for little Luke?
Those pics are from before I trimmed those fans. Skywalker has a bit more room now. I am planning to raise her though. She's unlikely to stretch anywhere near as much as the Jack is predicted to.

Well, it's not perfect. And intensity plays a role.

Those pics are from before I trimmed those fans. Skywalker has a bit more room now. I am planning to raise her though. She's unlikely to stretch anywhere near as much as the Jack is predicted to.
JH is not overly stretchy Mel - I know I only grow small plants, but I'd be topping that about now and if the bottom branches go too wide, chop 'em off
The main cola will make up for it, and some

JH is not overly stretchy Mel - I know I only grow small plants, but I'd be topping that about now and if the bottom branches go too wide, chop 'em off
The main cola will make up for it, and some
Ahh, thanks!
I thought I read that it tends to stretch a lot.
I've already flipped the lights, and they've both noticed by the look of their new growth, so I don't think topping would be a good idea. I like to give them at least a week to recover between topping and flip.

Way better. Still not quite true to life, but better.

Jack Herer- day 32
Flip 4

Skywalker OG- day 23
Flip 4

I think I went a little too far with the white balance this time. Now I know what the sweet spot is.

Jack Herer- day 33
Flip 5
She's being fed every other day right now.

Skywalker OG- day 24
Flip 5
Waiting for her foliage to provide enough shade to kill off the algae.

Back
Top Bottom