Jack Herer- day 34
Flip 6
I'm probably going to have to clip those top two fan leaves. Maybe some stuff low down too, but we'll see about that.

Skywalker OG- day 25
Flip 6
Had to tuck her biggest fan leaves behind her newer growth, and shift her out a bit from the wall of the tent.
Both of those things happened after I took the pics.

I saw signs of a slight magnesium shortage on the fans, so I'm adding in some mag nitrate in their next feeding tomorrow. We should see if that's the right call pretty quickly.
I'm wondering about something I read in one of the hempy journals. A grower mentioned someone who had used aquarium gravel as a hempy medium.
It made me think about the big bag of all-purpose gravel I have in the garage. The stones are around 1cm³. If I mixed it thoroughly with perlite, could I use it as the growing media for an outdoor hempy? Would it add enough weight and stability?
I'll ask in the hydro section later if nobody here has any thoughts.
Could be a fun experiment.

Sorry for forgetting...

Yeah boiiiiiii!

IMG_9599.jpeg
Thanks Tra!
Lookin great 👍
Thanks Roy!
And thanks again!
I think I'll try it next summer. I'll have to figure out a way to keep rain out of the pots, but that shouldn't be too hard.

I'm wondering about something I read in one of the hempy journals. A grower mentioned someone who had used aquarium gravel as a hempy medium.
It made me think about the big bag of all-purpose gravel I have in the garage. The stones are around 1cm³. If I mixed it thoroughly with perlite, could I use it as the growing media for an outdoor hempy? Would it add enough weight and stability?
I'll ask in the hydro section later if nobody here has any thoughts.
Could be a fun experiment.
I think that would be a good experiment. On the surface the two look quite similar in size and shape, but the perlite is lighter with air chambers inside whereas your gravel is denser.

Also the wicking capability might be different as well.

Could you maybe set up a side by side experiment in solo cups or something and test the wicking capabilities using food coloring? Might give you some data before committing to using it in a grow.

Fed both today, and I'm looking at moving them into the 60x120cm tent.
I have delayed so far as I was expecting a new light in October, but it looks like that's on hold for now.
I was going to be moving them down there anyway when I get started on the Black Sugar comparative grow.

Jack Herer- day 35
Flip 7
First week of 12/12 and stretch is definitely underway.

Skywalker OG- day 26
Flip 7

@FelipeBlu grew nice plants outside in hempy!

Grow is here:

Harvest is here.
Thanks Shed!
I'm going through the thread now. Some interesting stuff in there.
I think that would be a good experiment. On the surface the two look quite similar in size and shape, but the perlite is lighter with air chambers inside whereas your gravel is denser.

Also the wicking capability might be different as well.

Could you maybe set up a side by side experiment in solo cups or something and test the wicking capabilities using food coloring? Might give you some data before committing to using it in a grow.
If I do use the gravel it would be mixed in with the perlite. The perlite I'm using is much finer than the gravel, so I'm just wondering how it might affect the wicking action.
The other use I have for it is to put it in a 5 gallon fabric pot surrounding and stabilizing a 7 litre hempy outdoors.
I would have to figure out a way to stabilize a plant in there against the wind, but I do have an idea or two.

Last pics from this tent.
It's just too small for two plants, especially when one of them is as wide as this Jack Herer.
Yes, they're looking a little pale. I'm switching them both to daily feeding as of tonight.

Jack Herer- day 36
Flip 8

Skywalker OG- day 27
Flip 8

Last pics from this tent.
It's just too small for two plants, especially when one of them is as wide as this Jack Herer.
Yes, they're looking a little pale. I'm switching them both to daily feeding as of tonight.

Jack Herer- day 36
Flip 8

Skywalker OG- day 27
Flip 8

Very nice colors bro! Plants look great

They sure need their space Mel. Crazy growth!

I've never given a second thought to doing a hempy grow...until now! :Rasta:

Jack Herer- day 37
Flip 9

Skywalker OG- day 28
Flip 9

As John Mayall said: "I can't give the best unless I got room to move."
They have plenty of room now!
At least for a little while!
Very nice colors bro! Plants look great
Thanks GG!
Beautiful plants Mel
I know it sounds criminal, but cutting some of those large fan leaves can help to form a more even canopy
JH colas grow all up the stem so you want 8-12 solid branches - sod the leaves for now, they'll grow back
Just food for thought
Thanks Roy!
I actually did clip a couple of them, but not the top set of large ones...yet.
They sure need their space Mel. Crazy growth!

I've never given a second thought to doing a hempy grow...until now! :Rasta:
The deciding factors for me, were the growth rate, and not needing to ph the feed. Otherwise I would have tried coco. I'm glad I went with hempy.
I'm not even sure what a hempy is?
Isn't any method just water and root space lol
Well, technically. But aren't both apples and bananas just fruit?

Jack Herer- day 38
Flip 10
Took a couple of leaves, but I'm leaving some at nodes where the side growth still needs to be fed by the fans.

Skywalker OG- day 29
Flip 10

Jack Herer- day 38
Flip 10
Took a couple of leaves, but I'm leaving some at nodes where the side growth still needs to be fed by the fans.

Skywalker OG- day 29
Flip 10

Flawless! 🤜🤛
:welldone:

Daily feeding of MC + mag nitrate continues.

Jack Herer- day 39
Flip 11

Skywalker OG- day 30
Flip 11

Flawless! 🤜🤛
:welldone:
Thanks Preston!

I'm a little concerned about the overnight humidity, but I'm not entirely sure my hygrometer is accurate. It was reading 78% when I opened the tent this evening.
It's a cheap one that came in the fan kit I bought years ago, and I think it's due for replacement.

Jack Herer- day 40
Flip 12

Skywalker OG- day 31
Flip 12

Oxidizers will help remove any biofilm or algae growth in hydro. Algae deprives oxygen and worsen aeration and gives a spot for root rot and other pathogens to grow. Some people cover the surface but it's not needed in a "sterile" grow environment.

I've used regular bleach for 15+ years in hydro and won't grow without it. The calculator and recommendations are in my signature.

Back
Top Bottom