1080w LED Inferno

Hey Irish,
Just wonder do you leave them hang for a day or two before ya jared them? and is that what you always do... Thanks

i leave them hanging until their all dry on the out side and mostly in the middle then i jar them. I know longer go by the stem snapping because its un accurate to me. sometimes my stems will take a moth or 2 to dry.lol. the buds are way over dried when i go by that way. i just go by feeling of the buds, then jar them to get the extra moister out from the stem and center of the bud. this time their been hanging for almost a week when its hot out it take around 3 days tops.

let me just say ive been reading this grow journal for two weeks between work and sleep. i have a few questions ----

with DI buckets you check the ph coming out of the bucket and adjust ph going into bucket so ph coming out is compensated to 5.8-6.2 coming out of bucket (if thats correct ph for mj)?? (sorry this is worded confusingly)

couldn’t you hang womens stockings full of perlite around the flower room to cut down the RH?

The 300w leds each led being 3w makes it a 900w? My real question is which wattage goes to electricity just 300w or the higher number?

Whats the difference between CRF and TRF (people seem to be using them interchangeably) ? Which is better for a dirty irish bucket?

Whats IOW and YMMV?

I know you said it was a pain in the ass to tie the branches up to keep them from falling over but you have to agree that anyone would be happy to have to tie up massive buds like that.

+reps (if i can) on sticking with the grow even when it was looking grim and turning it into a massive success both in information learned and meds aquired.

Yowza! Damn IrishBoy, that's quite a run you did there, congratulations! If you have the time, please check out my new journal, I could definitely use your advice!
shoot me a PM tomorrow if i forget to stop by
let me just say ive been reading this grow journal for two weeks between work and sleep. i have a few questions ----

with DI buckets you check the ph coming out of the bucket and adjust ph going into bucket so ph coming out is compensated to 5.8-6.2 coming out of bucket (if thats correct ph for mj)?? (sorry this is worded confusingly)
i never check my run off, i just PH'ed my water that i was feeding to 6.0 and everything was fine with my DI buckets.

couldn't you hang womens stockings full of perlite around the flower room to cut down the RH?
not too sure, never thought of that? it might work. i always just run good ventilation to fix the RH.

The 300w leds each led being 3w makes it a 900w? My real question is which wattage goes to electricity just 300w or the higher number?
the power with these leds arnt fully 3w leds, no leds lights that i have seen run full power, 1w leds dont run 1w. its the same with these 3w/3 chip panel. heres a quote from the make that will answer this for you

All of my panels are 3w/3 chip led's but I dont power the led's to their full power. Each led received around anywhere between 1.7w and 1.3w depending on the wavelength.

The reason I do not power my led's to a full three watts is because then the panels will give of a lot more heat which would lead to the chips not lasting as long and the 360w panel would be over 1000w.

Their are a few more reasons on why i choose not to fully power the led's but I cant really disclose those right now. Also every batch of Spectra LED 300's that I have received from my manufacturer in the past few months have been running around 380w of power, so thats the actual power draw.

Whats the difference between CRF and TRF (people seem to be using them interchangeably) ? Which is better for a dirty irish bucket?
they are the same thing, i believe i was the one to start TRF (Time release ferts) because i cant never remember the CRF saying.lol. i think others just picked it up from me saying it? or maybe someone els said it 1st and i didnt see it. but same thing different way of saying it.

I cant say witch one is better for my DI buckets since i didnt use them from the start. i can say in my grow the DM red yielded the most and the OC+ had the best quality.. check out my new thread, i posted some good info on these TRF's and what i feel will be the best way to use them.
Whats IOW and YMMV?
i have no idea?...lol

I know you said it was a pain in the ass to tie the branches up to keep them from falling over but you have to agree that anyone would be happy to have to tie up massive buds like that.
very true my friend.lol..

+reps (if i can) on sticking with the grow even when it was looking grim and turning it into a massive success both in information learned and meds aquired.
thanks

the power with these leds arnt fully 3w leds, no leds lights that i have seen run full power, 1w leds dont run 1w. its the same with these 3w/3 chip panel. heres a quote from the make that will answer this for you

All of my panels are 3w/3 chip led's but I dont power the led's to their full power. Each led received around anywhere between 1.7w and 1.3w depending on the wavelength.

The reason I do not power my led's to a full three watts is because then the panels will give of a lot more heat which would lead to the chips not lasting as long and the 360w panel would be over 1000w.

Their are a few more reasons on why i choose not to fully power the led's but I cant really disclose those right now. Also every batch of Spectra LED™ 300's that I have received from my manufacturer in the past few months have been running around 380w of power, so thats the actual power draw.

I can add one reason that doesn't involve the reason(s) that he wishes to keep to himself (got an idea about that one too but it's purely speculation and in the unlikely event it happened to be what he was thinking of, I'll keep it to myself): It's almost universally the case that when underdriving LEDs, their efficiency goes WAY up.

i have no idea?...lol

Whoops, meant to multi-quote and reply to the question instead of your response. Oh well...

IOW = in other words
YMMV = your mileage may vary

Some other abbreviations that you may have seen that aren't as over-used as LOL and may have been curious about:
AtM = at the moment
BtW = by the way
AfaIK = as far as I know
IMO = in my opinion
IMHO = in my honest opinion (often this one and the one above are used interchangeably - after all, isn't everyone's opinion assumed to be an honest one?)
FWIW = for what it's worth

And, of course, the oldies but goodies (especially if you've ever served in the military):
FUBAR = f*cked up beyond any recognition
SNAFU = situation normal (all f*cked up)
REMF = rear-echelon mother f*cker (probably not of use on this site - although it could in many ways be used to describe the average politician)

And one for my buddy:
NAVY = never again volunteer yourself
(Officer has enlisted men aboard ship line up and says that he needs volunteers for a dirty/thankless/dangerous/difficult job and "requests" those who wish to volunteer to step forward. How did you end up volunteering? You failed to immediately take two steps back (like everyone else did).)

thanks for info.

i have seen a lot of photos of grows and your 1080w leds out performed all the 1000w (1kw) i have seen for 6 plants yield wise. you may not be satisfied with the quality compared to past grows but you proved that leds have the cabability to go head to head with hps systems.

you also pointed out you save a lot of money with leds in the long run. hps/mh lighting systems require hoods, lights, balasts, more costly ventilation for heat.

so although leds might be more expensive with up front costs you save money quickly especially if you are for profit. not to mention the life span of these systems which will quickly pay for itself in that respect just in the money saved from $100s in bulbs.

thanks for info.

i have seen a lot of photos of grows and your 1080w leds out performed all the 1000w (1kw) i have seen for 6 plants yield wise. you may not be satisfied with the quality compared to past grows but you proved that leds have the cabability to go head to head with hps systems.

you also pointed out you save a lot of money with leds in the long run. hps/mh lighting systems require hoods, lights, balasts, more costly ventilation for heat.

so although leds might be more expensive with up front costs you save money quickly especially if you are for profit. not to mention the life span of these systems which will quickly pay for itself in that respect just in the money saved from $100s in bulbs.

No Setting sun is proving this right now as we speak on his side x side test. Leds are taking the HID IMO. I would drop the money on Mikes lights any day after what i know and have seen. every one of my grows would have paid for these lights on the 1st harvest from saving money and not buying meds. this grow turned out good, but nothing will top my 600w grow as of yet. i used less watts and less plants and got the same if not more yield. but i didnt have all the crazy issues i had on this grow, if u read this whole grow you would see what a harsh time these plants had. its a good grow but not for 6 months worth of time, i could have harvested 2x by the end of this grow. no ones fault just the way the 100F+ heat works and the not flowering forever and the spider mites ect....

i can tell you one thing i am not going back to HID i am happy with these leds and i am not swtiching things up, were all still new to these lights and i think theirs allot more talent to them we have uncovered yet. i plant on doing it though!:thumb:

can you send me the link for setting suns side by side of LED vs HID. he doesnt have it in his list of journals. thanks. good luck with the new clones. casey jones is a great smoke. i had it in amsterdam and was one of the top 3. (i tried PMing this but i need more posts).

can you send me the link for setting suns side by side of LED vs HID. he doesnt have it in his list of journals. thanks. good luck with the new clones. casey jones is a great smoke. i had it in amsterdam and was one of the top 3. (i tried PMing this but i need more posts).

Sure thing my friend. 300W LED vs. 400W HID Demonstration

Thats good to know about the Casey. My friend had some out door Casey that he pulled a few weeks early and over dried, but it was still some fire for sure. I just wait to see how frosty they get under the leds in coco/mixed with Organic soil and food?

well this will be one more post towards your PM count.:thumb:

casey jones is a great smoke. i had it in amsterdam and was one of the top 3. (i tried PMing this but i need more posts).

Aside from having ANY restrictions on new-member PMs - which keep people and bots from creating an account just to spam or hassle members with PMs, having a 50-post requirement gives members time to see that a lot of things they might at first think about sending in a private message to one person is actually of interest to many (such as your props to Casey Jones).

With over 50,000 members here, most things are of interest to someone.

Facts, growing tips, and/or recommendations about specific strains are definitely on that list. :thumb:

Aside from having ANY restrictions on new-member PMs - which keep people and bots from creating an account just to spam or hassle members with PMs, having a 50-post requirement gives members time to see that a lot of things they might at first think about sending in a private message to one person is actually of interest to many (such as your props to Casey Jones).

With over 50,000 members here, most things are of interest to someone.

Facts, growing tips, and/or recommendations about specific strains are definitely on that list. :thumb:

I would have to agree, because i could have used that Casey Jones info like a week ago.lol. Glade i made the chose i did and got it.

We have to also think of all the people that arnt a member here but still follow these threads.

Good point:thumb:

Thinkerr I am really enjoying ur post, comments and questions on my threads. thanks for everything.

thank you. i was looking into getting an ebb and grow system that would cost an insane amount of money not to mention the liquid neuts id have to give the res and mutliple HID systems for veg/flower rooms.

now i see you can use DI buckets with CRF/TRF and use LEDs with equal if not better results at a fraction of the long term costs.

this one journal has given me more info than a couple years of general research most people do based on what info the general public has.

thank you. i was looking into getting an ebb and grow system that would cost an insane amount of money not to mention the liquid neuts id have to give the res and mutliple HID systems for veg/flower rooms.

now i see you can use DI buckets with CRF/TRF and use LEDs with equal if not better results at a fraction of the long term costs.

this one journal has given me more info than a couple years of general research most people do based on what info the general public has.

Think you sir, feels good to here that.

those Ebb and grow systems are very nice but do cost allot. Hempy Buckets are very cheap and effective, theirs noting to break on them or to really go wrong like other hydro systems. Now the DI Bucket is something i was just fooling around with, its basically a Hempy bucket but with some SunShine#4 mixed into it with perlite, ive never seen anyone setup a bucket like this before and i wanted to try it to see how it did? i think its truly effective and i am going to go back to it. you need to adjust ur perlite mix according to ur temps. example.. in winter time maybe a 75% mix of perlite since its cold. in the summer time maybe a 40-50% so ur not watering every 2 days like i had to do. Also the TRF like the cooler more moist medium so less perlite mixed in if using the TRF's might be a good idea. just make sure you use 100% perlite on the bottom of the bucket up to above the hole that way it acts as a filter from letting the soil fall down into the res and getting soggy.

Every one has their own ways of doing things, i just go by what makes sense in my head and give it a shot and see how it works? i have a new idea in my head that i will put to use on my new grow starting this next weekend under the two 300w leds. So you can see if this is a better mix for the DI buckets? I was going to do coco but i think ill go back to SS#4 because its done me good plenty of times.

im happy to see the side by side has become popular among experienced growers. side by sides are always nice to compare products/methods but novice growers may mess up the results because they dont know what theyre doing.

im confident whatever method you choose you will be able to pull it off even if you are forced to tweak a few things.

im happy to see the side by side has become popular among experienced growers. side by sides are always nice to compare products/methods but novice growers may mess up the results because they dont know what theyre doing.

im confident whatever method you choose you will be able to pull it off even if you are forced to tweak a few things.

thank you! feel good to have that support

Back
Top Bottom