Is damp-rid okay?

dmoney4201

i'm in my first week of flower and my humidity has gone from 45% to about 65-70%.....i can't run a de-humidifier.

So is Damp rid safe for a 4'x2'x2' closet grow??

Hey money...wow nobody?.... Damn...ok my man yes you can use them....they work great but fill up fast........and it wil cost you in the long run....just make sure to keep good track of it with your RH gauge and don't let it go under 45% ...that's all...goodluck...:hippy:

Hey money...wow nobody?.... Damn...ok my man yes you can use them....they work great but fill up fast........and it wil cost you in the long run....just make sure to keep good track of it with your RH gauge and don't let it go under 45% ...that's all...goodluck...:hippy:

:thanks:thanks CannaVince thats exactly what i wanted to know!! i thought i was never getting a response.-lol

A fan should do in the winter, much cheaper than a DH to run and buy.

thanks maer..right now i have two 5in. fans inside the box....one intake at the bottom...and one exhaust at the top. my temps are fine but the humidity jumped about 20% in my first week of flower.

i kept a steady hum. level of 40-45% throughout vegging.....

now in my first flower week i'm up in the high 60's%

im just afraid its going to keep getting worse...so i figure damp-rid will be good for that size space. i was just afraid of poisoning my plants.

whats the max mhy humidity should be during flowering??:thanks:

thanks maer..right now i have two 5in. fans inside the box....one intake at the bottom...and one exhaust at the top. my temps are fine but the humidity jumped about 20% in my first week of flower.

i kept a steady hum. level of 40-45% throughout vegging.....

now in my first flower week i'm up in the high 60's%

im just afraid its going to keep getting worse...so i figure damp-rid will be good for that size space. i was just afraid of poisoning my plants.

whats the max mhy humidity should be during flowering??:thanks:

I think the general rule of thumb here is 60%. Just try to keep it below that if possible. I prefer 40-50%, but try to stay below 60% so that you don't flirt with mold... The more plant material you have, the more humid it will be naturally. You might need to invest in at least a small dehumidifier to be safe.

cant say ive use the hanger but i have used 2 of the containers in a 3x3x8 foot closet, and it did the trick nicely, just have to keep an eye on ita couple times a day to make sure humidity still isnt to high or end up too low, or make sure water isnt about to overflow. good luck!!

I've used Damp-Rid right next to my plants with no problems. It does help some in a small space like that, and sometimes every bit helps.
Was it a scented one? If not, do you think I would encounter any problems by using a "fresh" scented one. Obviously I would prefer if my buds didn't stink like a dryer sheet, but I accidentally ordered the wrong ones and money is currently a factor.

Cheers!

This is an old thread but i can say i accidentally bought some lavender scented ones and decided not to use em. They are really strong and i did not want that smell in my buds. Cant see as it would hurt em but i like their natural smell better. Lol. I just added some extra air movement in the closet and cranked my exhaust fan from medium to jet engine.

This is an old thread but i can say i accidentally bought some lavender scented ones and decided not to use em. They are really strong and i did not want that smell in my buds. Cant see as it would hurt em but I like their natural smell better. Lol. I just added some extra air movement in the closet and cranked my exhaust fan from medium to jet engine.
damn. I added a fan and also turned up my exhaust fan from medium to way too freaking loud. Somehow it actually increased the humidity. I think because the attachment to the exhaust is aimed in the general direction of the side vent in the tent. Which, coincidentally is the same one where I added the fan. I created a positive feedback look of humidity hahaha.

I closed the vent in the hopes that the fan just blowing around the inside air will help. I also strung the plants in different directions to hopefully increase overall airflow. Would you like me to keep you posted?

Back
Top Bottom