Is High Brix compatible with Autos?

zeroday

Is it only compatible with photoperiods? I looked around and can't seem to figure out if it would work with an auto grow or not.

Thanks!

Hi zeroday and all. Thanks for the call out neiko :thumb:

You absolutely can! With adaptations.

I’m still experimenting with how to best grow autos in my set up. Some I grew last season outside went well. Not so big (but outside and autos is tricky) but they have excellent flavours and effects. My 2 current main ones I actually have in Coco Coir right now so they’re not DBHBB kit autos. I have 2 pairs of some DDAs in 1 gal DBHBB pots but they’re an experimental grow of a line that seems prone to giving runtish plants whose buds taste incredible and give a beautiful high. So they’re just to see what happens and hopefully give me a nice little personal stash of something really special.

If you’re new to the DBHBB, I would suggest a run or 2 with photo-flowerers first so you get a good feel for gardening with the kit and can then adapt that to the timing and habits of autos. Things can happen fast with autos so getting the amount of drenches in can be a dance, and you have be on your toes for the CAT drench window etc.

Stoney Memoirs grows DDAs very successfully in the kit, and I know there are others who I currently cannot remember. I often quote the advice Stoney gave me about them, so I’ll do it again :). it’s particular to DDAs but could apply loosely/ generally to other autos as well.

Amy,

I've grown 10 or so DDAs now in the Kit--from experience, I'd run them in the flower tent from birth, and keep them on that light schedule, sprouted right into their final pot, right in the flower tent.

One they get 5 nodes, start feeding @ full strength, with a transplant drench first. They love it, especially the Transplant Drench. Recharge them early, and Cat Drench them late. The smell is unbelievably good. Key Lime pie meets Grape Soda, for me, and finishing on a Growth Ionic Drench doesn't hurt either :).

To get them to go amber in the kit you'll need to push 90-100 days--I'm with Sue, I like 'em racy, so I tend to harvest much earlier than that. PM me if you have any questions along the way!

Cheers

Stoney

PS--One of my stoney pals here in the bay asks me regularly whether or not I've got any DDA left. He swears it's one of the best highs around. I like it in the morning, just one puff, and I'm good to get stuff done for hours. I have to lie and tell him "no, sorry man, not yet." It's the definition of head stash for me. o_O:yahoo:

I’d still say, get to know the kit a bit first.
:Namaste:

Hi zeroday and all. Thanks for the call out neiko :thumb:

You absolutely can! With adaptations.

I’m still experimenting with how to best grow autos in my set up. Some I grew last season outside went well. Not so big (but outside and autos is tricky) but they have excellent flavours and effects. My 2 current main ones I actually have in Coco Coir right now so they’re not DBHBB kit autos. I have 2 pairs of some DDAs in 1 gal DBHBB pots but they’re an experimental grow of a line that seems prone to giving runtish plants whose buds taste incredible and give a beautiful high. So they’re just to see what happens and hopefully give me a nice little personal stash of something really special.

If you’re new to the DBHBB, I would suggest a run or 2 with photo-flowerers first so you get a good feel for gardening with the kit and can then adapt that to the timing and habits of autos. Things can happen fast with autos so getting the amount of drenches in can be a dance, and you have be on your toes for the CAT drench window etc.

Stoney Memoirs grows DDAs very successfully in the kit, and I know there are others who I currently cannot remember. I often quote the advice Stoney gave me about them, so I’ll do it again :). it’s particular to DDAs but could apply loosely/ generally to other autos as well.

I’d still say, get to know the kit a bit first.

Thank you a Ton for the feedback/input Amy! I appreciate it. From reading the feed schedule and tryring to figure out how it would all work with Autos being so quick, and then reading this as well, I think I am going to take your advice and run a couple of Photoperiods first. I'm also wanting to further experiment with Quadlining, which feels like it might be easier to learn with Photos as well. I tried it on my first Auto grow, and while it worked ok, it probably would have been easier to learn on a Photo so I could take my time! I purchased the kit DBHBB lot anyway, as I'll be getting a photo grow underway shortly, and would like to prep the soil ahead of time.

Sound advice, for which I am grateful! Have a Groovy day!

Hello again Amy!

Is there another training technique that you know of, that is compatible with HiBrix ?

:thanks:

As far as I‘ve noticed, most DBHBB growers top once at least and do a little LST to open up the plant. Often topping is done by the “Uncle Ben’s” technique (UBT) of growing to 4-5 nodes and then topping it back to the first 2 nodes. But it varies garden to garden. Removal of fans is kept to a minimum with only damaged leaves and leaves blocking light. UBT is a bit similar to quadlining in that it aims for 4 main colas, just doesn’t involve the heavy defoliation and usually growers like the middle to fill in with secondary colas.

I’m not super experenced myself so I’m just sharing what I’ve taken note of while watching DBHBB grows the last few years and reading many old journals. But I can say with confidence that any tech that involves stripping leaves won’t be ideal in the kit. I’m not saying it’s impossible, in fact @Mr. Magoo may even be doing it, quadlining that is. I know that he (or maybe Gazoo) has posted about experimenting with taking brix readings in response to pruning and leaf removal to see what he can get away with. Maybe he will have something to add here.

Amy, you are the bestest!!! :hug:

I know you said you aren't super experienced. But hey, the experience you have shared with me is much appreciated. I'll go get me some experience, and come back so we can compare notes! Love that about this community. Ask questions, get feedback and input. Make a plan. Go do it. Gather the data (experience). Report back!

Again, thank you a ton! :thanks:

So I realised that it’s Magoo who is quadlining in the kit! I’ve edited my post above to correct it.

Here’s his first quad/DBHBB journal

And here’s his current project.

So there you go - quadlining in the kit. I’m not sure if he’s reduced the leaf removal at all, or what his brix levels are, or may be :)
know you said you aren't super experienced. But hey, the experience you have shared with me is much appreciated
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom