Is it worth the extra 70 bucks for a hortilux bulb?

Zenmaster

fatjoe gave me an awesome site to get an inexpensive remote ballast and socket for about 100 bucks insidesun Econo 400w HPS with Chrome Reflector - Inside Sun[/url] but the upgraded hortilux bulb is another 70 bucks almost. Is it really worth it to pay that much? Ive looked into the diff's and theres slightly more lumens put out and its a bit better spectrum then just the regular bulb that this thing comes with. but the big question is WILL IT MAKE THE PLANTS GROW ALLOT BETTER OR JUST SLIGHTLY BETTER ? is the extra 70 bucks worth it ?

Re: is it worth the extra 70 bucks for a hortilux bulb ?

ok i'll pay for all the upgrades then when i get sum cashola its about 250 bucks for the everything the hortilux bulb the metal halide conversion bulb and the ballast and socket n reflector and the shipping too

btw, you should be able to find that 400watt Eye Hortilux for $65 incl. shipping on eBay. Alot of vendors carry that bulb for $85-90 plus shipping so buy wisely if the $$$ are tight.

By the way, E-bay and Paypal are government controlled entities. In other words, they do whatever the Feds tell them, I have heard reports that include giving up your information to the DEA without them even asking for it.

yea ebay is kinda spendy for these lights and the bulbs i would pay almost 300 bucks on ebay for the remote ballast and bulbs the all in one giant heavyass boxes are about 200 bucks but fatjoe showed me a good site to get them for 99 bucks for the ballast a reg bulb and a reflector the hortilux bulb the metal halide conversion bulb and the hanging chains comes out to about 250 bucks plus shipping but i just found this one on ebay for 260 wich has a digital ballast both high output bulbs and a free timer and hanging chains so i'm not sure what i want to do yet

I love mine dude and I use it for veg and flower for great results!!! Highly recmnd it!!

I looked and looked and looked everyweres to see if theres a difference between a hortilux bulb and a high output bulb and found pretty much nothing to support there the same or different. Every bulb even the regular ones put out same lumens and the only diff is the spectrum they put out and 10% more power suposeably. So is there a difference between the hortilux bulbs u buy from ebay and the high output ones from the same place ?

I wouldn't order any grow related stuff from Ebay especially ANYTHING with a PayPal account. Both are known to flag sales for grow related items or anything else remotely drug related. Call me paranoid if you want but I've never been popped in my life and I've been tokin' and growin' for fourty years.

If your ballast is switchable, IMHO, I would use the regular MH and HPS bulbs that you can buy at a local electrical supply with cash. I used to use a 1000W Sunmaster, $170 then it burnt out and I put in a regular MH, $40, and the buds were just as good looking and tasty as the previous crop. I've got two 1000W MH ballasts and would like to swap one for an HPS but they flowered fine under MH so WTF.

Back
Top Bottom