Is My White Widow a Male?

dpa277777

The only regular plant would be a male or it looks like one to me :scratchinghead:

Does this plant look like a male? I did try to FIM about 4 days ago.

IMG_97252.JPG
IMG_97261.JPG
IMG_97272.JPG
IMG_97282.JPG
IMG_97292.JPG
IMG_97323.JPG
IMG_97313.JPG
IMG_97302.JPG
IMG_97052.JPG

Hey DPA, those pics are not as close as they could be but from the 3rd and 4th picture I can see what resembles the staminate flowers that a male produces. They usually tend to form in clusters and from the picture it might look like that is the case. Here's what a male a few days into flowering looks like:
gf1099.jpg

What cycle of growth are they in? You said it was a regular see of a feminised seed? Reason I asked is because feminized seeds have the tendency to be hermaphrodites. These hermies sometimes show sex by first producing what resembles the male staminate in 'pre-flower' but it is also a calyx. And from there emerges the two female pistils.

Good Luck, AG ;)

Flower cycle, and it is not a feminized just a regular WW.

the other 2 plants are auto-flowering and feminized.

I am going to get more pictures, got to get it out if male. just got email on another post from you.

Thanks

Yea, I stumbled upon your grow journal too. You should put a link to it in your sig (go to your settings and click 'edit signature') so more people can 'stumble' upon it. It also helps when trying to get exposure to diagnose a problem or something of the latter!

It gave me practice in trimming.

I never could get 4 stalks on a FEM cut.
One time went to low and 2 happened.

The last cut looked correct but in pictures a couple looked like 4 might happen.

Can I use the same soil or change.

I use dutchman ultra prem expanded coco-coir

>>> Can I use the same soil or change.

I used to wash my soil out and air dry it after my grows and then topping it of with some new soil, but at most recycling it for two different plants before completely replacing it. If you are known to have pest/mold problems I would suggest to completely remove the soil and start out fresh! ;)

And here are a few examples I had read in a previous post on the net about Fimming and Topping! (disclaimer: I do not own any of these images! I'm simply a high man sharing helpful information ;))
user72747_pic27560_1230471048.jpg

This is a perfect example of new growth after fimming a plant. Where the small 'black dot' is located on the main stem is where the original cut was made and as you can see 4 new growth sites appeared.
1beb0538.jpg
16c65c84.jpg
27ccc464.jpg
94090873.jpg
506fee16.jpg

Though I prefer topping in the early stages of growth, I'm going to implement a combination of the two for my current hydro setup. Starting with an early topping session after 2 weeks of growth or at least 5 inter nodal spacing, then I want to finish it of with ONE fimming session a couple weeks before flower to multiply the number of bud sites just before reverting to 12/12! We will see how it turns out ;)

Too Cool

The pictures show you perfectly where to cut! Thanks!

The one i think you can see where i cut

IMG_97491.JPG

I thought you would want 4 bottom hefty stalks then after that 2 stalks per cut?

So like a upside down wedding cake then?

Though I prefer topping in the early stages of growth, I'm going to implement a combination of the two for my current hydro setup. Starting with an early topping session after 2 weeks of growth or at least 5 inter nodal spacing, then I want to finish it of with ONE fimming session a couple weeks before flower to multiply the number of bud sites just before reverting to 12/12! We will see how it turns out

This is taking it to a new level! Time to put on the big boy pants!! :bravo:

I will try and keep up :hmmmm:

>>>I thought you would want 4 bottom hefty stalks then after that 2 stalks per cut? So like a upside down wedding cake then?

I've never thought of it as an upside down wedding cake! I guess I would also compare it to an upside down christmas tree aswell!
The way I look at it is this: If I top first to get 2 'hefty' main stems, if you will, then I will have a good, symmetrical base to work up with more bud sites when I implement the fim cut. The fim would then take those two main stems and add 4 bud sites each.

Although it might give me the same amount of budsites as if I were to do it the opposite way, I feel that the more even canopy will allow the ease of light penetration to lower parts of the plant. I'm trying to go for as much even growth as possible to try and avoid potential height constraints!

Here's something I worked up quickly in MS Paint. (discretion: I am pretty stoned, don't mind the lack of scale in the drawing ;))
top_and_fim.png

Back
Top Bottom