Is she ready? Pics

Yeah I figured there wasn't much I could do about the color fading. The only thing I have heard of is shortening the drying and curing, which would effect the smoke properties.
I will post some pics of the final product so you can see the difference in appearance. Hopefully I will have a camera to use at the time.
Thanks for the comments!

yeah I'm hoping by next sunday they will be ready. Some of my friends have already tried a few samples and they are already pretty damn potent. I'm trying for 1/3 amber trichomes. I think as long as some of the trichomes are turning amber it is close enough to peak potency. I just know the longer they are out there the more likely that rippers or cops will get them!

for an easier time checking the trichomes, cut of a small trim leaf and use that to inspect. I have the same microscope and got the advice from a moderator on another forum. They also suggested taking a couple samples at different areas to see which parts the trichomes are maturing first if your are trying to obtain a certain high.
Your girls are looking sweet. happy harvest when the time comes.

kailiwela44

yeah I'm hoping by next sunday they will be ready. Some of my friends have already tried a few samples and they are already pretty damn potent. I'm trying for 1/3 amber trichomes. I think as long as some of the trichomes are turning amber it is close enough to peak potency. I just know the longer they are out there the more likely that rippers or cops will get them!

Hey GuerillaGro, beautiful girls man, beautiful! I'm in the same boat... I'm trying to wait until Sunday to give my girls the chop! It's been intense these past few weeks. My back yard smells soooooooo good! I'm usually up late at night working in the lab, but man I always worry about rippers and late night tweekers roaming around. Not to mention, the fricken hellicopters that like to fly over! It's almost over Bro, just try not to stress... easier said than done I know!

Good luck on your harvest! :ganjamon:

Hey kailiwela44 Thanks for the tip. I was thinking of trimming smaller buds and checking them but leaves seem like a better idea as longs as the leaves have the same percentage of clear/cloudy/amber trichomes.

GoodGrnMeds: Good luck to you too! I agree the closer the plants get to harvest the more devastating it would be if rippers found them! That's pretty cool we might harvest on the same day. Are you going to have any pics to share?

Bubbakush: I never had any amber trichomes bending over. I haven't waited long enough I guess. I don't like to let them grow much longer than they have to outdoors cuz of the rippers!

Oh yeah I wanted to make sure everyone knows i don't plan to harvest all the plants on sunday just the 3 that seem ripe. There are others that are slowly maturing because they were planted later in the year and others because they don't get as much light.
I can't wait to get a new strain to start growing next year. I am interested in finding a good hashplant cross, Apollo 13, space queen, or something that will be potent and good yeilding with early september harvest.

Cold weather can make the purples come out more, which also means the plant will come to fruition quicker. I had an outdoor plant last year, and in the last couple weeks it became a beautiful purple with great smells... I waited 1 extra week, and regretfully hadn't cut it the visit the previous week. However depending on the strain and where you live, purples can some out late in flowering, or be pre-determined with the strain you are growing.
This is a picture taken the day of harvest perhaps 5 days late in my opinion based on taste smell, and trichomes
purpnurp_small.jpg

Hey Smokinherbz, did you harvest that in late October or something? Looks like it would have to be pretty late in the year to turn that purple! What strain is that? Most of my plants are turning purple now. Some of them still have quite a while to go before they are ripe.

I agree Bubbakush, better early than never! LOL!

P1010978.jpg

P1010981.jpg
P1010991.jpg
P1010990.jpg
P1010989.jpg
P1010986.jpg
P1010982.jpg
P1010980.jpg
full

P1010992.jpg

P1010994.jpg

P1010997.jpg

I wish now that i would have kept giving nutes a little longer and left them in the ground longer but its still some killer smoke. Everyone that smokes it(the pre-harvest samples) get laid down if they aren't careful how much they smoke. I'm hoping what i have picked so far ends up being a pound but probably more like 3/4. Ill post the dry weight when they are dry in about a week.
Everything still not over with i still have several large and several small plants left. I don't know why they are a couple weeks behind.

Back
Top Bottom