lilnug420

Sweet skunk auto outdoors.

About 3 months into it. Is she ready?

IMG_20230728_172109.jpg

IMG_20230728_172104.jpg

IMG_20230728_172101.jpg

IMG_20230728_172030.jpg

IMG_20230728_172025.jpg

I’m not entirely sure as the pictures are not that great. Like the angles are off and we can’t really see the thickness of the buds. Upon first glance to me it looks like it needs another two months of growth to pack on weight and stack up but then again the pistils are already quite burnt orange looking. To me that’s a very odd looking plant, but I’m only a beginner so without actually seeing it in person I’m not really sure. Hopefully some others will chime in. It would also be helpful to get some more details, like the medium you are growing in, the nutrients you are using, PH & PPM levels, your watering schedule etc.

I’m not entirely sure as the pictures are not that great. Like the angles are off and we can’t really see the thickness of the buds. Upon first glance to me it looks like it needs another two months of growth to pack on weight and stack up but then again the pistils are already quite burnt orange looking. To me that’s a very odd looking plant, but I’m only a beginner so without actually seeing it in person I’m not really sure. Hopefully some others will chime in. It would also be helpful to get some more details, like the medium you are growing in, the nutrients you are using, PH & PPM levels, your watering schedule etc.
Definitely not 2 months, I'm 3 months in so she should be about to finish... Not many amber tricomes yet tho that's why i was unsure.

Terra canna pro, with Megacrop

Ph-6

Definitely not 2 months, I'm 3 months in so she should be about to finish... Not many amber tricomes yet tho that's why i was unsure.

Terra canna pro, with Megacrop

Ph-6
Ok but 3 months in doesn’t necessarily mean she’s even close to being finished. Unless of course she’s an auto flower? If not I would say it’s not ready yet. I would let her keep growing for a minimum of another couple weeks I’d say. Just keep monitoring her. Do you have a jewellers loop?

Harvest time depends on the type of high you're after. I've found that about 10% Clear / 80% Cloudy & 10% Amber is perfect for me. That's approximately when the trichomes are at their most potent state. The more Amber, the more the trich's degrade & give you more couchlock. I personally like what I see in your plants right now. Cut a small bud off & let it sit on the dresser a few days to dry & then test it. That's the way I always do it to ensure it's good when I harvest.

Ok but 3 months in doesn’t necessarily mean she’s even close to being finished. Unless of course she’s an auto flower? If not I would say it’s not ready yet. I would let her keep growing for a minimum of another couple weeks I’d say. Just keep monitoring her. Do you have a jewellers loop?
It's an auto, i do have a bunch of x20 x40 x60 scopes, but i struggle to tell clear trichomes apart from cloudy ones, hard to keep my hand still lol!

Harvest time depends on the type of high you're after. I've found that about 10% Clear / 80% Cloudy & 10% Amber is perfect for me. That's approximately when the trichomes are at their most potent state. The more Amber, the more the trich's degrade & give you more couchlock. I personally like what I see in your plants right now. Cut a small bud off & let it sit on the dresser a few days to dry & then test it. That's the way I always do it to ensure it's good when I harvest.
I can't quite tell the clear trichomes apart from the cloudy ones, it's hard to keep my hand steady enough in the air with the x60 loupe... How do you guys do it?

Sweet skunk auto outdoors.
Outdoor growing seems to be a bit different on the flowering times as compared to indoor growing. I am going to hazard a guess that whether it is an auto or photo-period there will still be these differences in the amount of time till the buds are ready for harvesting.

Definitely not 2 months, I'm 3 months in so she should be about to finish...
Are you 3 months in from the date the seed sprouted or the date the plant started to flower? I do not grow autos but after reading all the threads about them I have noticed that there is variation, sometimes as much as 2 weeks, in how long it takes the plants to go from seed to start of flowering. Also variation in the amount of time from the start of flowering till they are ripe for harvesting.

I can't quite tell the clear trichomes apart from the cloudy ones, it's hard to keep my hand steady enough in the air with the x60 loupe... How do you guys do it?
I use a cheapo Wifi USB Digital handheld microscope, 50 50 1000x that I purchased on the Zon... It connects via Wifi to my smart phone so I can take pics. You should also look for amber trichs.

Outdoor growing seems to be a bit different on the flowering times as compared to indoor growing. I am going to hazard a guess that whether it is an auto or photo-period there will still be these differences in the amount of time till the buds are ready for harvesting.

Are you 3 months in from the date the seed sprouted or the date the plant started to flower? I do not grow autos but after reading all the threads about them I have noticed that there is variation, sometimes as much as 2 weeks, in how long it takes the plants to go from seed to start of flowering. Also variation in the amount of time from the start of flowering till they are ripe for harvesting.
3 months from when it sprouted

Back
Top Bottom