Is there a time frame when you veg to long?

growninnorcal

I'm planting indoors and wanted to know if there was such thing as veg to long? I've been vegging for a little over a 6 weeks and my plants are 3 feet plus. I plan on blooming next week. As anyone experieince vegging cloase to two months indoors? I usually see people start blooming after a month or sooner. Thanks

Nah, no such thing as too long as long as the plant and its roots remain healthy. I've flowered plants that were once mothers on several occasions. From my experience with indoor larger plants is that they don't take off height wise once they get to a certain size.around 3 feet, U plant won't finish around 9' unless U have big pots and a nice sativa strain. U should be fine. Ur biggest concern would probably be trying to avoid being rootbound. U should be fine. I did it b4 I knew about any of this.

^2 u cant veg too long.
Just keep in mind that when plants switch from veg to flower they blow up like ballons and will increse in size and density exponentially, and u have to account for that.

yea theres really no way to veg a plant too long.. just have to be carefull when growing indoors, especially with sativas because they will turn into monsters. As for outdoors you definatly can't veg forever because when the seasons change they will start the flowering phase on their own.

You can restrict height like I do by merely use long pipe cleaners (available in craft shops), and GENTLY tying your main limbs down above the rim of the pot in circular patterns, anchoring the branches to the pot rim, and letting the new growth wind around the pot. I train the branches, normally four, to run in opposing, circular directions keeping the entire top of the plant at roughly the same height, and circumference as it grows. Another bonus to this method is the plant gets more even light over the bud producing branches.

Check my photo's (Members) for examples.

Save you all some time going through my pics

11 weeks, one week into flowering

wk11c627.JPG

Keeps a fat ol Sativa like this manageable for tight quarters.

Hope this helps.

wk15B72506.JPG

True enough, but my intent was to provide a simple solution for luvtogrow, and other readers with limited space before plant size becomes a problem.

Let's stick to the thread please

True enough, but my intent was to provide a simple solution for luvtogrow, and other readers with limited space before plant size becomes a problem.

This is growinnorcal's thread. His question is the question of focus. Other people that have questions that u can answer is cool too, PM them the answers.

Save you all some time going through my pics
Again the original question involved 6 week old, 3' plants. What u've done in ur pics cannot be done at this point. I will keep reiterating the point until u get it. the original question is the focus of THIS thread.

What are you? The official site content monitor? I've been reading, learning, and contributing information with other sharing friends on this great sight for three years without the need for a self appointed content editor like yourself to inform me that my contributions on this, and other threads don't meet with your esteemed approval. This is all I have to say about this matter.

Honestly a waste of time

Call it what u want to. Doesn't change the fact that I'm here. I was trying to "nicely hint" that ur thread jacking this thread plain and simple. I guess U just couldn't see it. Thanks for ur contributions, but the site is structured a certain way for a reason, to be a benefit to us all. Good day to u oldskool

Leave me out. I've been growing cannabis nearly 40 years and my post was open ended, as to method of restricting height, on purpose. There is mucho info on the numerous methods of height restriction, all over the net. Impressive photos!!!

oldskool, u have a nice LST game. What ur suggesting should have been started as a cutting or seedling. It's a little more complicated to do with an older, taller, more rigid plant. With 3' + plants think topping or supercroping and tying to control height.
BWC get some stem benders. They are reusable plastic clips that bend your stems to 90°. They will bend thick stems, just need to give stem a few twists place stem bender on plant done.

Back
Top Bottom