Is this a deficiency?

LosSerpent

Growing in terra canna professional with terra nutes

Special kush 1

A few of the lower leaves have a weird color, is it a deficiency? The new growth and the rest looks amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_20200915_162834.jpg
    IMG_20200915_162834.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20200915_162827.jpg
    IMG_20200915_162827.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20200915_162825.jpg
    IMG_20200915_162825.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20200915_162845.jpg
    IMG_20200915_162845.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20200915_162834.jpg
    IMG_20200915_162834.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
@LosSerpent How far along in to flower are you? Since its happening at the bottom or middle, that's showing me if it IS a deficiency, it is a mobile nutrient. If it was an immobile nutrient it would show in the new growth.

In the second picture the leaf has alot of either debris spots or you may have thrips. Take something with magnification and inspect the lower leaves.
Bugs are possible, my other plant has a few leaves being eaten, I don't remmeber what that pest is called, it eats the inside of the leaves and it leaves trails behind

However I don't see anything upon inspection so I dunno

Growing in terra canna professional with terra nutes

Special kush 1

A few of the lower leaves have a weird color, is it a deficiency? The new growth and the rest looks amazing.

Morning @LosSerpent , what you have is not a deficiency. Picture #3 is showing some leaf miner damage which should be monitored and addressed. Insect damage is a part of growing outdoors and can be challenging some years.

This second picture
A8498EA2-6FE9-4B15-BD3E-4FDABD624957.jpeg

is not a deficiency either. If you look at the damage I marked, you will see it makes a nearly straight line. This tells me that, at some point, that leaf was laying against something (probably the pot rim) and was wet for some time killing that part of the leaf.

Things like this are the reason people find cannabis difficult to grow. If you can grow a tomato, you can grow weed, the only difference is the speed at which they grow, they still need the same basic requirements, including the nutrients, just more of them. Too many people are conditioned to automatically assume “deficiency “ when they see browning or odd leaf colouring and start mucking about with their feed and create deficiency/lockout when there was nothing wrong to begin with.

A word of advice for new growers, and many experienced, study your plants with open eyes and mind, with no preconceived assumptions, and as often as not, what you are seeing will be due to something other than deficiency.

This thread is a prime example with many offering: pH problems, deficiency, and someone promoting a competitors site. When the issue is none of the above :)

Morning @LosSerpent , what you have is not a deficiency. Picture #3 is showing some leaf miner damage which should be monitored and addressed. Insect damage is a part of growing outdoors and can be challenging some years.

This second picture
A8498EA2-6FE9-4B15-BD3E-4FDABD624957.jpeg

is not a deficiency either. If you look at the damage I marked, you will see it makes a nearly straight line. This tells me that, at some point, that leaf was laying against something (probably the pot rim) and was wet for some time killing that part of the leaf.

Things like this are the reason people find cannabis difficult to grow. If you can grow a tomato, you can grow weed, the only difference is the speed at which they grow, they still need the same basic requirements, including the nutrients, just more of them. Too many people are conditioned to automatically assume “deficiency “ when they see browning or odd leaf colouring and start mucking about with their feed and create deficiency/lockout when there was nothing wrong to begin with.

A word of advice for new growers, and many experienced, study your plants with open eyes and mind, with no preconceived assumptions, and as often as not, what you are seeing will be due to something other than deficiency.

This thread is a prime example with many offering: pH problems, deficiency, and someone promoting a competitors site. When the issue is none of the above :)
Thank you, that's good then. I'm glad I don't have to deal with any nutrient deficiency

Back
Top Bottom