Is this a male?

Yea i think that is the way to go
What do you think is a good strain that is fast growing for small commercial in aussie

Very little THC in a male plant. You can let it flower and collect the pollen in a baggie, and put that baggie over a female bud to pollinate that bud for seeds. Just that bud will produce seeds if you are careful. You will spread pollen over your whole neighborhood, though.

What's funny is 2 months I started one plant. It was my first grow ever too. I actually came across this forum searching how to sex a plant. I sadly had to chop it too as it was a male. So I started a few more plants last month because I wanted to better my odds. Now I have a grow box for seedlings and 2 closets for flower and veg. I've spent hours here reading and getting advice from some really really good growers. And I'm Still learning each and every day. Super addicting it is to grow.

What's funny is 2 months I started one plant. It was my first grow ever too. I actually came across this forum searching how to sex a plant. I sadly had to chop it too as it was a male. So I started a few more plants last month because I wanted to better my odds. Now I have a grow box for seedlings and 2 closets for flower and veg. I've spent hours here reading and getting advice from some really really good growers. And I'm Still learning each and every day. Super addicting it is to grow.
It is so nice to have the info here available. When I started, there was nothing to be had. No sexing info, no photoperiod info, no grow lights(1970) We harvested a '65 Olds trunk full of wild stuff in Central Illinois, but didn't know the difference between male and female and combined it all. It sucked. We had thrown one large plant outside to dry, and it was loaded with seeds. That was almost as good as Mexican, but we had a HUGE hooka, so lots of buzzes.

It is so nice to have the info here available. When I started, there was nothing to be had. No sexing info, no photoperiod info, no grow lights(1970) We harvested a '65 Olds trunk full of wild stuff in Central Illinois, but didn't know the difference between male and female and combined it all. It sucked. We had thrown one large plant outside to dry, and it was loaded with seeds. That was almost as good as Mexican, but we had a HUGE hooka, so lots of buzzes.
the good ol days of the Mexican brick weed. It's amazing how far it has come in must be couple decades. I can just imagine what it'll be like 20 years from now.

This may not be true, but I once read in a book on canna that there is no evidence that a male plant is less potent than a female one. That was years ago though.

So you could wait until the male flowers are close to opening and harvest them to test it and leave a few to open and collect the pollen to pollinate a few flowers on the female inside ones.

Not having anything to smoke would cause me to do it......but I have been called crazy before too.
:)

I actually kinda miss seeds in weed... there was something relaxing about cleaning seeds out of a bag on a mcdonalds tray (best thing ever for cleaning..)

That's sort of funny.

Recall the Guru Al Goldstein saying that he'd rather smoke ditch weed than Seedless...he called seedless the "Surfer Girl" of marijuana. That was when California seedless was starting to get popular. He also said that a good bowel movement is better than an orgasm too.

lol

Of course you can keep it! Just no where near your girls!!
Move it some where safe and wait until it starts to pollinate, put a bag over some flowers and shake the pollen into it. Then carefully with grow room fans off, place the bag over a bud and shake again. Carefully done and it can pollinate just one bud area and you can get a heap of seeds from a strong female of preference.

I sense that you're seeking someone to validate what you hope to do: smoke that male. Pay attention to what others have suggested and kill that boy. Keep it and smoke it if you want, but you'll get smoke and no high. Make the sacrifice. Again, kill it, unless you want the seeds.

I sense that you're seeking someone to validate what you hope to do: smoke that male. Pay attention to what others have suggested and kill that boy. Keep it and smoke it if you want, but you'll get smoke and no high. Make the sacrifice. Again, kill it, unless you want the seeds.
It's such a shitty feeling chopping a male. Specially if you only grow one.

It's such a shitty feeling chopping a male. Specially if you only grow one.
Been there. Even worse is that I start taking clones as soon as I can. If the plant turns out to be male then I have to go through the tags on the pots to find the clones off of that male so there is a lot of plant killing that day. But, the compost pile appreciates the new donation.

Good day to all.

Back
Top Bottom