Is this a potessium toxicity?

I think you need to stop listening to people and figure out the problem.

As I suspected, the trouble has come with your water, and you have validated my belief that the microbes were in trouble in this grow, hence stopping the natural organic feeding cycle. Again I suspect that all that you are doing to that water is due to bad advice you are getting from others. If you continue to take directions from so many "masters" you will likely continue to have troubles... you need to center in on what is true, quickly, in order to fix this grow.

First of all, bubbling your water to remove chlorine might work, if they were actually using chlorine. Most municipalities these days use chloramine, which does not evaporate or bubble off. All of your effort with your water was probably in vane, and you still ended up killing off a lot of your microbes with the chlorine. To make matters worse, you are also adding acid to your water in the attempt to get the pH where you think it needs to be. This is also killing microbes. Heaven knows what the purifier is doing to it... I bet its not good for the microbes either. Lastly, you are warming your water. I don't think this kills microbes, but it is sort of silly. Plants don't have senses like we do, and I don't think they mind room temperature water. If it makes you happy though, continue to do it.

You seem to want to run away as fast as you can from this nutrient system you chose, and are being quick to blame everything but you here as the cause for your difficulty. A new soil might make it cheaper to grow organically, but unless you change your viewpoint on water and microbes, you will end up with the same problem. I suggest figuring out what you have done wrong here, correcting it so you have a great finish and a pat on the back for figuring out the difficulty.

I suggest using RO water if you can for a water only organic grow, unless you regularly bring in fresh microbes, at least once a week to offset what you are killing off with tap water. I use a product like that, and I laugh at the chlorine in my tap water... it can not kill my grow. Also, unlike you with your purification, I enjoy the benefit of having some calcium and magnesium and other trace elements come along for the ride with my tap water.
Thanks Emilya, as you say there's alot of contradiction around. I will take what you say on board. Will just use bottled water for rest of this grow then, and see how it reacts. I understand RO has no cal mag, so il add a little of it..will have to invest in a ro system. I've invested Wayyy to much to just quit. I'm not a quitter. I understand this game, and yes your right, I've spoken and taken advice from to many different people.

No I definitely wanna stay with organics, interesting about heating the water, many growers I've spoken to say heat it up to the temperature of your tent. I obviously don't know, juts figured I'd do it. So a PH of 8.2 is OK to use in organic set up then? I thought if PH to high the plant can't uptake certain nutrients?
Am shocked at using PH down to be a problem, have seen alot of well Known growers use it in organic set up with great results. But u don't use it and obviously have great results. Will any RO system do? Maybe there's a good budget one u cud recommend?

Thanks Emilya, as you say there's alot of contradiction around. I will take what you say on board. Will just use bottled water for rest of this grow then, and see how it reacts. I understand RO has no cal mag, so il add a little of it..will have to invest in a ro system. I've invested Wayyy to much to just quit. I'm not a quitter. I understand this game, and yes your right, I've spoken and taken advice from to many different people.

No I definitely wanna stay with organics, interesting about heating the water, many growers I've spoken to say heat it up to the temperature of your tent. I obviously don't know, juts figured I'd do it. So a PH of 8.2 is OK to use in organic set up then? I thought if PH to high the plant can't uptake certain nutrients?
Am shocked at using PH down to be a problem, have seen alot of well Known growers use it in organic set up with great results. But u don't use it and obviously have great results. Will any RO system do? Maybe there's a good budget one u cud recommend?
What many growers don't know, and it amazes me every time I see it, is that pH adjustment into a narrow range is ONLY necessary if you are using nutes that are designed to break free of their chelation within that range. As far as the plants, the soil and the microbes go, they don't care what the pH is as long as it is not so alkaline it will burn them 9+ pH or so acidic it will burn them -4 pH. Within that wide range, the organic system simply does not care.

Regarding adding magnesium. Don't just automatically assume that you need it, because if magnesium begins to build up in your soil, it can very easily lock out several other vital nutrients. Only add calmag when you see signs of needing it... it should not be used as a preventative.

A good RO system like the AQQA system that I have for my aquariums to supply up to 50 gallons a day will set you back around $200. An order of RealGrower's recharge will cost you about $29 and will last for several grows. After factoring in the replacement filters every year or so, it is far cheaper to just supply the microbes and simply use tap water than it would be to buy and maintain an RO system.

What many growers don't know, and it amazes me every time I see it, is that pH adjustment into a narrow range is ONLY necessary if you are using nutes that are designed to break free of their chelation within that range. As far as the plants, the soil and the microbes go, they don't care what the pH is as long as it is not so alkaline it will burn them 9+ pH or so acidic it will burn them -4 pH. Within that wide range, the organic system simply does not care.

Regarding adding magnesium. Don't just automatically assume that you need it, because if magnesium begins to build up in your soil, it can very easily lock out several other vital nutrients. Only add calmag when you see signs of needing it... it should not be used as a preventative.

A good RO system like the AQQA system that I have for my aquariums to supply up to 50 gallons a day will set you back around $200. An order of RealGrower's recharge will cost you about $29 and will last for several grows. After factoring in the replacement filters every year or so, it is far cheaper to just supply the microbes and simply use tap water than it would be to buy and maintain an RO system.
That makes total sense, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.. I will order recharge for sure. Sorry if my novice understanding has frustrated you
I'm defo remaining positive, will not add PH down or tap water conditioning to my water from here on out and see how it go's. I may even get my tap water tested, just to see a breakdown of what's on it. Surely it wudnt hurt to know. Will post a wee picture here in the coming weeks for a update. I must check out your grow journal when I'm at work tomorrow. Might as well do it on my bosses time when I'm getting paid haha
Thanks again..

Back
Top Bottom