Is this a potessium toxicity?

gazmufc

Hey guys,

currently just started week 4 of flower, and beginning to get yellowish leafs on the bigger leafs, with brown small lines, not spots!
Have some tip burning as well.

Being doing some research and it seem more like a toxicity. Just curious what yous think?
I'm running organic soil mix with dry amendments. Been sticking to suppliers recommendations of top dressing every 2 weeks, putting in the amounts suggested. Uve been bringing pH to a range of 6.2-6.8. Running marshydro 6500e at 75%.

Just wondering should I do a big water flush and take it from there? What yous think? Really appreciate any advice...

Screenshot_20220506_081627_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Screenshot_20220506_081507_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

183190.jpg

183190.jpg

Being doing some research and it seem more like a toxicity. Just curious what yous think?
When the plant started going into flowering it entered its heaviest feeding demands, often more than the soil or hydro feeding schedule will provide.

The photos are not the best but by the looks of things it is the opposite. It looks like the mid-way point of a typical Nitrogen deficiency taking place on those particular leaves. If so, the others will start to look the same as the plant pulls the nutrients it needs from those fan leaves and moves them the young sugar leaves and the new growth in the flowers.

Consider adding a mild Nitrogen supplement to your current fertilizing schedule. Something with a 1, 2 or 3% water-soluble Nitrogen. My experience is that it will not repair the leaves though sometimes some of the green returns to the fingers on the leaf. What I have noticed on my plants is that using some mild Nitrogen slows down how soon the yellow starts. So instead of starting about week 4 it starts around the 5th or 6th week and does not get as bad as it used to be.

go with @SmokingWings advice.

a lot of deficiencies look like an excess until you get used to what you are looking at. i'm a few decades in and it still gets me turned around sometime.

Awe thanks guys for speedy response, really appreciate it.. I took the plant out for some better photos, decided as well to start a compost tea.
Really scratching my head, wish now I'd of added more worm castings when top dressing etc, just making a simple tea, wormcastings, bio charge, nettle supplement (was told its good for quick I put of N) some molasses and little bit of sewweed extract. What yous think of better photos, still defo lacking in N? Thanks again...

IMG_20220506_152327.jpg

IMG_20220506_152210.jpg

IMG_20220506_152157.jpg

What yous think of better photos, still defo lacking in N?
Yep.

Nitrogen is one of what is called a 'mobile in the plant' nutrients. The plant will move available Nitrogen from where it finds it, which is in the lower leaves, to where it needs it the most, which is in the new growth involved with the flowers.

As it removes the Nitrogen the photosynthesis cannot continue so the leaf turns yellow as the chlorophyll is no longer produced. The lower leaves are first then the problem starts to show on leaves a bit higher up. Or, look at it as if the plant is taking it from the largest leaves. Then, the next largest. Eventually all the large leaves have been depleted and the plant starts to take from slightly smaller leaves.

In some ways it is as if the plant is defoliating itself. It picks and chooses and whatever leaf it selected will soon fall off.

Looking at the photos once again I am reminded that it is a cold damp day here but at least the dogs don't have to play in the snow.:):)
:)

Yep.

Nitrogen is one of what is called a 'mobile in the plant' nutrients. The plant will move available Nitrogen from where it finds it, which is in the lower leaves, to where it needs it the most, which is in the new growth involved with the flowers.

As it removes the Nitrogen the photosynthesis cannot continue so the leaf turns yellow as the chlorophyll is no longer produced. The lower leaves are first then the problem starts to show on leaves a bit higher up. Or, look at it as if the plant is taking it from the largest leaves. Then, the next largest. Eventually all the large leaves have been depleted and the plant starts to take from slightly smaller leaves.

In some ways it is as if the plant is defoliating itself. It picks and chooses and whatever leaf it selected will soon fall off.

Looking at the photos once again I am reminded that it is a cold damp day here but at least the dogs don't have to play in the snow.:):)
:)
Thanks smoking,

Haha ha, those photos were from December, it's still shity weather here in Ireland right now, but not snowing that fk lol. Am brewing a compost tea right now, its got worm castings, bio charge, nettle supplement and molasses.. Out a little bit of shark in there as well for some extra microbes. Damm I'm really hoping she makes it through. Buds seem small af.

It's like my first run and it's been a bit of a disaster. Started with 4 plants.. Its a real learning curve. An expensive one! Think for my next grow am gonna try floraflex, it seems a little easier than organics.

Don't get me wrong, I love growing organically, I do so on my allotment. But for cannabis I've found it alot harder. Been watching folks use floraflex with fastbuds autos, and yikes. The results are amazing. A little more forgiving I think. I just want bud in the door at this stage. Il defo go back to organics once I have about 20 jars of bud in my press . U know anyone using floraflex?
Do u just grow organic urself mate?

Do u just grow organic urself mate?
I grow using as much 'natural' methods and materials as possible. I build a base soil using the principals behind the super soils. The major component is compost from commercial operations which deliver it to local landscape and gardening supply businesses. Nutrients and amendments are natural meaning that I avoid the salt based products as much as possible.

Throw some banana peels into your tea for some extra K, but I believe we are seeing a lack of the proper microbes in this grow. Lets see what your tea does as far as greening things up, and I would suggest adding some Recharge or URB or Voodoo juice to bring in some more active microbes. What topical nutrient are you using every 2 weeks? Are you using their bloom formula?
Hey thanks for the reply, appreciate it. I'm totally stumped, was told to just follow the top dressing schedule of every 2 weeks, and then a compost tea once a month. I made a up a tea Saturday of just worm castings and molasses, I'm honestly beginning to wonder if it's to far gone, what u think? Just coming to end of week 4 of flower. Very small Buds so far.

Heinsight is a wonderful thing lol.. Think now after I fked up the first 2 plant I should of scrapped this one and started again, but iz like 6 weeks into it wanted to finish of this 1 plant. I'm shocked at the speed at which it has come over. I think now its definitely a Nitrogen deficiency.

The yellowing is now starting to go into samller leafs. Bummer! Hey I read your watering guide like a month ago, and I've at least been doing that right
U see I grow organically on my allonmet, and wanted to do the same with my cannabis, but it's turned out to be little harder than I thought. Do u think think plant will make till end? Or will this stop it form maturing? Buds haven't really increased in size much.

Since last week also been giving her some nettle supplements, they said it would help with the N deficiency. Thanks in advance for any tips..

IMG_20220508_111014.jpg

pretty good for a first organic. don't think i'd have one looking as good if i jumped into a first try on it.
it's gonna want just about everything right now for nutes.

It looks like your plants are just getting hungrier. You are going to need to feed this grow as it looks like your soil, made on supersoil techniques, is lacking in some of the major nutrients. Could you tell us what the organic dry supplements are that you are giving every two weeks? What are you using for water... is it filtered or RO?

pretty good for a first organic. don't think i'd have one looking as good if i jumped into a first try on it.
it's gonna want just about everything right now for nutes.
Hey Butler,
So do you think it will finish up OK? Done top dressing last Sun, next one due sun coming. Sigh I'm just hoping the bugs fatten out a bit. I've got my marshydro 6500e at 75%. I understand if I keep. Increasing the light intensity that I will need to add co2 cainister, is this true?

Hey Butler,
So do you think it will finish up OK? Done top dressing last Sun, next one due sun coming. Sigh I'm just hoping the bugs fatten out a bit. I've got my marshydro 6500e at 75%. I understand if I keep. Increasing the light intensity that I will need to add co2 cainister, is this true?

i'm thinking you listen to @Emilya on this. that's what i'd do. i'm junk on organics really.

It looks like your plants are just getting hungrier. You are going to need to feed this grow as it looks like your soil, made on supersoil techniques, is lacking in some of the major nutrients. Could you tell us what the organic dry supplements are that you are giving every two weeks? What are you using for water... is it filtered or RO?

If u wudnt mind going to the section of their photo period products and take a look. There was only one product I didn't add and that was insect grass! I fricking missed it when I was ordering everything. Noob mistake.

here's a section labeled "feeding schedule" I've been keeping to the photo period schedule. Funds were a little tight then and cudnt put in another order, managed to get a product called " bio charge" which the guy in the shop said was food insect grass. Other than that everything else has gone in. Got some seaweed extract delivered to me today. Hopefully it will help. Wud it be OK to mix sewweed extract , with the nettle supplement when watering or will the 2 counter act each other?

ok, that looks like a fairly complicated system, but you say you are using all of their products as recommended. There is still something wrong however, so please tell me about your water. What type is it? Are you pH adjusting? Did you use their soil?
I'm using tap water, I take it from tap and let it bubble for 24hrs, many say 24hrs is all that's needed to get rid of chlorine? I also use tap water conditioner to purify it. a ppm meter is something I never got, it's on the list so I can exactly how many ppm I have. My tap water comes out at pH of 8, so I use PH down to 6.2-6.8. I heat the water up a bit before I feed it.

Im not sure, but I'm guessing forgetting to input their insect grass has screwed me over. Oh well. Live and learn. Next run ima try and make it bit easier for myself. Been doing alot more research now on genetics.

Defo gonna run some of fastbuds autos, thinking of trying my suppliers new premixed soil for auots. I don't even have to top dress, just add water. I really don't wanna give up on organics, but can't handle another crap roi.

Few folks have suggested I try floraflex, they have stated its more beginner friendly, have watched a few videos and seen amazing results running fastbuds autos with it. Idk, don't like the idea of bypassing the natural soil food web. Tho some point out that the final results are just as good, just as food terpene profile etc. What u think?

ok, that looks like a fairly complicated system, but you say you are using all of their products as recommended. There is still something wrong however, so please tell me about your water. What type is it? Are you pH adjusting? Did you use their soil?
That's the new product they have recently released, its all premade, just add water. What do you think Emylia? It's gonna cost me 130euros to get 70lt shipped for 4 x 7g pots. I realise it's gonna be a wee bit short to fill 4x 7g pots, but I figure it won't be to far off after I add perlite.

Screenshot_20220509_192151_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg

Screenshot_20220509_192136_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg

I think you need to stop listening to people and figure out the problem.

As I suspected, the trouble has come with your water, and you have validated my belief that the microbes were in trouble in this grow, hence stopping the natural organic feeding cycle. Again I suspect that all that you are doing to that water is due to bad advice you are getting from others. If you continue to take directions from so many "masters" you will likely continue to have troubles... you need to center in on what is true, quickly, in order to fix this grow.

First of all, bubbling your water to remove chlorine might work, if they were actually using chlorine. Most municipalities these days use chloramine, which does not evaporate or bubble off. All of your effort with your water was probably in vane, and you still ended up killing off a lot of your microbes with the chlorine. To make matters worse, you are also adding acid to your water in the attempt to get the pH where you think it needs to be. This is also killing microbes. Heaven knows what the purifier is doing to it... I bet its not good for the microbes either. Lastly, you are warming your water. I don't think this kills microbes, but it is sort of silly. Plants don't have senses like we do, and I don't think they mind room temperature water. If it makes you happy though, continue to do it.

You seem to want to run away as fast as you can from this nutrient system you chose, and are being quick to blame everything but you here as the cause for your difficulty. A new soil might make it cheaper to grow organically, but unless you change your viewpoint on water and microbes, you will end up with the same problem. I suggest figuring out what you have done wrong here, correcting it so you have a great finish and a pat on the back for figuring out the difficulty.

I suggest using RO water if you can for a water only organic grow, unless you regularly bring in fresh microbes, at least once a week to offset what you are killing off with tap water. I use a product like that, and I laugh at the chlorine in my tap water... it can not kill my grow. Also, unlike you with your purification, I enjoy the benefit of having some calcium and magnesium and other trace elements come along for the ride with my tap water.

Back
Top Bottom