Is this bud thinning and stretching or just growing?

You go like this with nutes whatever the bottle says start at 1/4 strength then up it as she tells you she needs it. And it isnt stretching towards light it happens for two reason harvest is almost done so its build bud on top of bud or temps are too high

Easy fix. Get a few 14w (100w equivalent) 5000k LED bulbs from Home Depot ($5-$7) add some outdoor sockets to drive them. Space them around the canopy at around 12-24" high. Your buds are stretching for blue frequency light (5000K) and will do so until they find it. Adding blue light will stop the stretch and give you denser buds.
I recommend the 100w equivalent Philips LED bulbs (must be 5000k) with the domes cut off. They last forever and only consume 14w.
420-magazine-mobile1527361301.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Beautiful !!!!!!!!! Great job my man and you said this was only your 2nd grow? That's amazing!!!! Well needless to say your green thumb is strong!!!! Live-Live-Learn!!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks 81. I'm learning so much as I grow and keep finding a million more questions. So many techniques and ideas to try. Keep on keeping on!

Sent from mikeytv

Mike, they look ready to go to me, but I've only been growing for 2-3 years, so I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Here's a pic of my Widow 38 days in flower. 2-150 Watt HPS in a 3x4 closet using a waterfarm bucket from General Hydroponics.

20161231_074901.jpg
20161231_074823.jpg

Thanks guys. I did end up harvesting the last of my girls. Not happy with this grow compared to my first. Yields were eh (in relation to # of plants and stronger light.
Went from a crap load of led/cfl/fluorescent long tube(t8 and t12) to a hps 400 (hadn't used the mh yet as I switched after I started to flower. But I feel like the old set up produced Just denser fuller colas. Not sure what I did wrong but have been experimenting with coco along with trying a dws hydro set up. Both caused me issues I didn't have with soil. I'm making a second go at hydro (seeing if I can keep ph/ and nutes right long enough to show I can do this. Otherwise I may just go back to what I know- good old fresh clean soil and basic ph'd tap water.

Sent from mikeytv

Back
Top Bottom