Is this FoxtailIng?

BrokrnEyes

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image7765.jpeg

Note to 420 staff: I am so sorry for the description, once again my voice dictation program has misunderstood what I said and when I said potential foxtailing... It heard something else and I didn't see it until the image uploaded.

Okay, info:
Plant: white widow auto flower
System top fed DWC with 2 300 w LED lamps.

OK, I am not entirely certain if this is Fox tailing or not as it is happening all over the plant or if the plant decided to shoot up columns before it began to work on the flowers. Any thoughts?

I don't see anything out of the ordinary Brokeneyes. It just looks like a normal plant in early flowering, with pistils forming. Foxtailing refers to little tufts that sometimes grow out of the buds, usually late in flower- it is a general term that refers to any sort of tufts or fluffy tail shapes that grow in the buds. There are different causes.

NL_14_weeks_fox_tail_14_R.JPG

This would be one example of foxtailing. It's not my photo. I do have some in 420 but can't figure out how to find them - they are buried under many others.

Ahh so then is this what they refer to as the flower stretch? On average, how tall do the actual buds get? Obviously I know that it varies greatly based on care, nutrients in genetics but I'm just looking for an average In terms what good growth for the buds would look like.

BrokrnEyes,

I've always understood the flowering stretch to refer to the growth that occurs in the whole plant as hours of light are reduced to induce flowering. Most plants will double or even triple in size.

The size of the final buds will vary not only by the factors you mentioned, but by location on the plant. I'm sure there are exceptions, but for most of us, buds higher on the plant will be much larger than those lower or interior. I see nothing in your photo to lead me to believe that you will have anything less than a great result from that plant!

Be well and happy growing!

Kind of hard to answer. What we call dried 'buds' are usually stems with smaller clumps of buds on them, packed next to each other. Without getting too deep into an explanation of how buds form- perhaps 'about' 8" of the tips of limbs might be mostly bud, sometimes quite a bit more. Smaller clumps of bud form all over the plant, with the largest ones being at the tips where they get the most light.

Thank you guys, you have no idea how much of a load off my mind that was. My vision is 20/205 with glasses on ( just inside the definition of legally blind, but even then that has made me lose a lot of dine detail so when I saw the pictures of Foxtailing, I assumed he referred to the column or stem if you will of the flower but today when I saw the top of the flower was green underneath all the sugar leaves I was thinking that I was wrong, I'm so glad that I am. My partner is saying he sees close to 50-60 buds on the plant now, obviously I'll have to take his word for it but yeah, again thanks for the confirmation guys!

Those little white wisps that are coming out of the tops of the bugs, right? How do you tell the difference between that and say the sugar leaves as shown in my picture? A matter of development?

Also Steve Jobs is probably rolling in his grave if he could see how bad the new iOS is, I cannot believe how terrible the dictation software has become. It actually though between was.. Something else, I'm glad I'm listening to my posts before I hit okay now.

Back
Top Bottom