Is this nute burn or nitrogen toxicity?

Joebob69

What is going on here? They had nute burn a couple weeks ago but I flushed them and growth really exploded. Now I just fed them using the directed nute table on gh 3 part bottle. Not sure if this is nute burn or something else..(btw, these are just random bag seeds I'm learning with until my good seeds come in.) they were only a few weeks old when I switched over to 12/12. Like I said I'm just experimenting/learning with these. Anyway, any advice would be great! Thanks
image28231.jpg
image28232.jpg
image28230.jpg

Not sure why they uploaded sideways...

Any suggestions here? I watered with ph'd water only yesterday and it still looks the same today..I also noticed today that I have some white spots on my leaves which I suspect to be white mold? Would the mold cause my plants to do this? I'm still thinking its nute burn but not 100% sure...should I flush it or what? Any replies would help.. Thanks

I'll post more pics if anyone needs me to

If you already recently flushed the soil, then you should try adding more nutrients. It looks like nitrogen deficiency to me. I'm assuming you're adjusting the pH of your water?

If you already recently flushed the soil, then you should try adding more nutrients. It looks like nitrogen deficiency to me. I'm assuming you're adjusting the pH of your water?

The flush was a couple weeks ago..... So you think it is not enough nutes instead of too much? Thanks

The flush was a couple weeks ago..... So you think it is not enough nutes instead of too much? Thanks

That's what I'm going with. Either that or you're watering too much and it's causing the pH to fluctuate, causing lock out.

That's what I'm going with. Either that or you're watering too much and it's causing the pH to fluctuate, causing lock out.

Well I'm sure you know more than I do about it! I'm a noob...I doesn't look like "the claw" to you? It seemed to have happened right after I fed it this last time is why I'm saying that.

Well I'm sure you know more than I do about it! I'm a noob...I doesn't look like "the claw" to you? It seemed to have happened right after I fed it this last time is why I'm saying that.

It does look like it's clawing a bit, but sometime nitrogen deficient plants claw slightly. Have you checked the run off pH? It could be salt build up. Would be strange since you flushed recently.

The plants are just so light green that it makes me think it's not getting enough. Remember that it will take seven days for your plant to react to new nutrients. If it's been seven days, start looking at the new growth for darker green and faster growth.

It does look like it's clawing a bit, but sometime nitrogen deficient plants claw slightly. Have you checked the run off pH? It could be salt build up. Would be strange since you flushed recently.

The plants are just so light green that it makes me think it's not getting enough. Remember that it will take seven days for your plant to react to new nutrients. If it's been seven days, start looking at the new growth for darker green and faster growth.

I got ya.. Makes sense...I will try to check the ph of the run off next time I water as I watered yesterday. I wouldn't be wise to water again just to check run off right? I appreciate all your help, it helps to just have a little input sometimes..

Update: i think nitrogen deficiency had somewhat to do with it. I fed them some more nitrogen and they seem to doing a little better now. This is probably a stupid question but how to you check the ph of runoff without a pen? The water is brown with dirt and the drops don't work to see the color of the water? Should I filter the runoff then check it?

Update: i think nitrogen deficiency had somewhat to do with it. I fed them some more nitrogen and they seem to doing a little better now. This is probably a stupid question but how to you check the ph of runoff without a pen? The water is brown with dirt and the drops don't work to see the color of the water? Should I filter the runoff then check it?

I usually dilute it with ro water if it's too dark to tell. If you can't do that, try a bright (white) led light, like a headlamp, on the other side of the vial. and use 5 or 6 drops.

Back
Top Bottom