Is this ready to harvest?

1sttimegrow

Hey all!

Hopefully I’ve posted this in the right area. I’m still pretty new to growing (only about 2 grows so far). I’m just wondering if this is ready to harvest ? I don’t wanna cut it too soon! Any help would be appreciated.

BC0FCBE0-2496-45A9-8BDE-624319A6EF31.jpeg

F93A17CB-D4D0-47F1-8FF1-999946401361.jpeg

Thanks!!!
@1sttimegrow
For under $20 you can get a decent jewelers loupe (50x to 60x) which will give you a close up view of the trichomes.

If the trics are all clear, too early to harvest, no potency.
If the trics are almost all cloudy, just a few clear, harvesting now will produce high levels of TCH and provide a euphoric (head) high.
Letting the trics become about 50% cloudy and 50% amber, this will produce both a head and body high.
Anything over 50% amber color trics will produce a couch lock high. Good for just relaxing or take a nap.

Good luck

Nice looking buds. They still are not ready, but close.

Take a look at the second photo in message #4. It looks live a very mild case of Spider Mites starting to show up. It probably will not be an issue this time since the population does not look large enough to be doing any real damage to the leaves but I see some basic webbing starting up.

You can go to the end without doing anything. Or, you can find one of the sprays that says it can be used up to the day before harvest. It is possible that some, maybe most, of them can be removed by using the vacuum cleaner hose attachment on the buds. It works, it does not get all of them, but will slow them down.

Take a look at the second photo in message #4. It looks live a very mild case of Spider Mites starting to show up. It probably will not be an issue this time since the population does not look large enough to be doing any real damage to the leaves but I see some basic webbing starting up.

You can go to the end without doing anything. Or, you can find one of the sprays that says it can be used up to the day before harvest. It is possible that some, maybe most, of them can be removed by using the vacuum cleaner hose attachment on the buds. It works, it does not get all of them, but will slow them down.
I saw the webbing too but I thought that since I couldn't see any speckles on the leaves that it must be a regular spider, and I don't consider those bad so I didn't mention, sorry. Can actually see the webbing in a couple of the pics.
I've only had one experience with spider mites so I guess I'm not super familiar with all of their habits, with mine the webs appeared after a lot of leaf damage had already happened.

@1sttimegrow
For under $20 you can get a decent jewelers loupe (50x to 60x) which will give you a close up view of the trichomes.

If the trics are all clear, too early to harvest, no potency.
If the trics are almost all cloudy, just a few clear, harvesting now will produce high levels of TCH and provide a euphoric (head) high.
Letting the trics become about 50% cloudy and 50% amber, this will produce both a head and body high.
Anything over 50% amber color trics will produce a couch lock high. Good for just relaxing or take a nap.

Good luck
@garybo any recommendations for a loupe ? I checked Amazon and the reviews on half dozen ranged from bad to badder. :hmmmm:

I saw the webbing too but I thought that since I couldn't see any speckles on the leaves that it must be a regular spider, and I don't consider those bad so I didn't mention, sorry. Can actually see the webbing in a couple of the pics.
Those Spider Mites have a habit of building strands of webs from one spot on a leaf to another spot on the same leaf; not always but often enough. And, they tend to go from one point on the serrated edge to another. After awhile the web seems to be big enough that they can go from the web strand on one leaf to the web strand on another.

with mine the webs appeared after a lot of leaf damage had already happened.
I noticed the same, no leaf damage, which I have seen before when the mites are making webs on buds. My thoughts are that the Mites have pretty much just started. The reason we do not see any speckles (good way of describing the damage done to leaves) is that the insects are inside the buds where they can make their holes in the small sugar leaves and it is harder to see that damage because of the trichomes acting as camouflage.

@garybo any recommendations for a loupe ? I checked Amazon and the reviews on half dozen ranged from bad to badder. :hmmmm:
Novadawg, here is a loupe for under $10. It is a decent starter and will give you a sufficient view
of the trics.
s-l1600.jpg

Good luck

Thanks so much for this comment! I noticed the webbing too, even before taking the pictures. The plants sit outside between two beams. Fortunately, I'm pretty positive it's just a regular spider web. I destroyed it, and haven't seen any webbing or evidence of mites since. Really hoping to get these harvested within the next couple/few weeks before the temps really start to drop and we hit our first frost. I think I'll get lucky this time around. Thanks everyone for the feedback!!

Novadawg, enclosed is a link to a loupe for under $10. It is a decent starter and will give you a sufficient view
of the trics.
s-l1600.jpg

Good luck
@garybo I tried to order that loupe on eBay but the seller won't ship to Nova Scotia. I ordered one with good reviews ( for what those are worth) from Amazon. Thanks for your help :adore:

Most loupe are the same. This is from Amazon. As Phyto said, way too early. Don't even need the loupe yet. Those white hairs will be hidden in the buds by the time you are ready. 2 weeks+ good luck, she is beautiful

Screenshot_20211020-023324_Amazon Shopping.jpg

My buds look much the same as the one pictured above by 1sstimegrower. The trichs have been clear for past 4 weeks, according to my cell pics. I just want to make sure I don't leave the girls too long so I figured I should get the loupe.
:nerd-with-glasses:

My buds look much the same as the one pictured above by 1sstimegrower. The trichs have been clear for past 4 weeks, according to my cell pics. I just want to make sure I don't leave the girls too long so I figured I should get the loupe.
:nerd-with-glasses:
I just acquired a few outdoor grows and they are mostly clear as well and appear to be done as I'm no longer showing pistils. I'm an indoor grower and these were given to me to finish so I am dealing with the same thing as I've seen no change in the last week. Loupe will absolutely help. You'll be amazed at the difference

I just acquired a few outdoor grows and they are mostly clear as well and appear to be done as I'm no longer showing pistils. I'm an indoor grower and these were given to me to finish so I am dealing with the same thing as I've seen no change in the last week. Loupe will absolutely help. You'll be amazed at the difference
What I figered to.
:hmmmm:

@garybo I tried to order that loupe on eBay but the seller won't ship to Nova Scotia. I ordered one with good reviews ( for what those are worth) from Amazon. Thanks for your help :adore:
Your welcome.
Though my original post was edited by the 420 Support Staff for submitting a page link to a particular loupe. It appears links to products are prohibited here.

Back
Top Bottom