Issues with coir and LED lighting

Check ph of runoff not just input. Different wavelengths will drive plant to do different things but if youre noticing big deficiencies it's probably ph. Also different nutrients absorb better at different ph. Looked at that light brand, adding a white led, cob or otherwise, would be good. That light is lacking.

Never been my experience, Sara. On the cal mag. Not with doc's kit, not when I ran house and garden, or RX green solution. I don't own cal mag. Not, even for my tomatoes. But, that's just me.
Really? That is the first time I heard growers using LEDs without using the cal and mag, most of the times we know is the cal and mag problem. But thanks for the notice, I think we need to do more research :) :thanks:

Really? That is the first time I heard growers using LEDs without using the cal and mag, most of the times we know is the cal and mag problem. But thanks for the notice, I think we need to do more research :) :thanks:

Not all growers do the same thing to get the same results, Sara. I've said for years (it's in posts here) that I don't supplement with cal mag.

Maybe I've missed the deficiency all along. Who knows :)

But. There is no recommended way to add cal mag to doc buds kit. And myself and many others have used, and had great success with his kit using LEDs. And not added cal mag.

Same for RX green technologies. I supposed you could buy COTS cal mag to add to that gear. But, it's already "in" the gear that everyone uses. Leds or not.

Not looking to argue just my experience. But I see a lot of people recommending it, so again it's what I know and can speak first hand of.

Not all growers do the same thing to get the same results, Sara. I've said for years (it's in posts here) that I don't supplement with cal mag.

Maybe I've missed the deficiency all along. Who knows :)

But. There is no recommended way to add cal mag to doc buds kit. And myself and many others have used, and had great success with his kit using LEDs. And not added cal mag.

Same for RX green technologies. I supposed you could buy COTS cal mag to add to that gear. But, it's already "in" the gear that everyone uses. Leds or not.

Not looking to argue just my experience. But I see a lot of people recommending it, so again it's what I know and can speak first hand of.
Sure! Life is a long journal, we all learning and growing. :) Thank you for the honest feedback, keep up the great work! :thanks:

Simply test your water going in... if you don’t have 150-200ppm of minerals (mainly calcium/magnesium) then you will most certainly need to add to get to that level. Any other issues are additional. The numbers don’t lie.
Solid advice from a great gardener. Happy to see your still bringing the dank to dankachusetts. Im not going to lie ( sound like my son that's his catch phrase these days) but, your grows have always set the bar here if you ask me. There's a few that do it, too be honest. But being a local I've always kept an eye on your posts and journals. Top notch brother. We need to get that sesh one day soon.... ....you going to the any conventions soon? Be well. Sorry to hijack here......

Thanks for the tips. I am checking the PH and PPM. Don't have an EC meter, so waffling on that. Actually, after I flushed and gave them a few days to recover, then trimmed, and have been checking the PPM and PH, they are looking good.

Went by Cultivator's scheme (meaning mode) of feeding every day. Also waiting for my HPS to show. The clones have all been great, it's just when they get close to the end of veg that issues have begun to present themselves.

This place is absolutely fantastic! I love all the knowledge and the willingness to share the knowledge. Thanks, all!

Solid advice from a great gardener. Happy to see your still bringing the dank to dankachusetts. Im not going to lie ( sound like my son that's his catch phrase these days) but, your grows have always set the bar here if you ask me. There's a few that do it, too be honest. But being a local I've always kept an eye on your posts and journals. Top notch brother. We need to get that sesh one day soon.... ....you going to the any conventions soon? Be well. Sorry to hijack here......

You're too kind, I'm just playing in my corner. :) Good to see you about M3 No plans as of yet. :Namaste:

Thanks for the tips. I am checking the PH and PPM. Don't have an EC meter, so waffling on that. Actually, after I flushed and gave them a few days to recover, then trimmed, and have been checking the PPM and PH, they are looking good.

Went by Cultivator's scheme (meaning mode) of feeding every day. Also waiting for my HPS to show. The clones have all been great, it's just when they get close to the end of veg that issues have begun to present themselves.

This place is absolutely fantastic! I love all the knowledge and the willingness to share the knowledge. Thanks, all!

The truth is, that if you're going to be growing, the best tool you can buy, is a good pH/PPM meter. Hannah and BlueLab are great. Others out there too. If you're feeding everyday, you will need it without doubt. If you buy cheap, I guarantee you'll buy twice. Just trying to save you some time - push you in the right direction. Keep em green :Namaste:

WELL, i would like to have a solid piece of PH equipment, either Hanna or Blue Lake. It's just going to take a little time. So I must make do and get by until such a time as I can afford the proper equipment. Not too far in the future, just a little time.

Really? That is the first time I heard growers using LEDs without using the cal and mag, most of the times we know is the cal and mag problem. But thanks for the notice, I think we need to do more research :):thanks:
I am also using leds and to the best of my knowledge I don’t get any cal mag deficiencies either and don’t add any in with my nutes, not sure how much a difference this makes but I grow RDWC in hydroton clay pebbles and get pretty good results

I'd be curious as to how much your feeding them. I feed small plants like that around 500 ppm. Feed every 2-3 days.. feed,feed,feed, water with tap of around 170 ppm for me and 1 ml of calmag = around 250 ppm total. But, I precharge my coco after flushing at startup. I didn't notice you doing that. I run Qb boards/Timber COBS and a Mars for veg. Overfeeding can cause lockout.

Back
Top Bottom