It was all going so well

ill send you a soil recipe as your England , i will pm you , i can build a soil that you will just have to water mostly no bottle stuff . ( at least you will be ready for another run ) works out £1 per pot of soil mix, will be a few quid to start but you will have enough to last many plants , and many future plants , its not a shocking price :)

a little heat and a little light you should do ok , nothing out of this world but something is better than zero :)
some soils and nutrient feeding schedules you would nearly have to take out a second mortgage lol the amount of stuff they sell you is crazy !,
plus some TOP BRAND soils only last feeding for a few weeks , feels like its a rip off to me , after 4 weeks you nearly have o use bottled nutes any way, so what's the point spending the extra for basic soil that only lasts 4 weeks :hmmmm: , (its how i see it anyways )

What do you guys think of this?

Some of the newer leaves have a slight left turn on the them as well as a very faint yellow tinge to their colour. Also this picture doesn’t really show it but a couple of the leaves have a mild taco shell thing going on.

I’ve been looking through a page on here with all the plant toxicities / deficiencies but I haven’t been able to come up with a positive diagnosis.

It has a slight redness in the stems but I’ve read this could be due to genetics. As I have no idea on the origin of this seed I can’t rule that out. Of course it’s possibly a symptom of the above situation.

Finally there are some weird lower leaf situations occurring.
Could this just be the older leaves falling away due to age or lack of light now that the above leaves have formed a canopy over them?

I had discovered those pesky fungus gnats had returned. I think the soil has random sticks & tiny bits of bark in it which they probably love.
Hence the funky new gravel barrier.

Could this all be stress from those freeloaders munching on the roots?

Ive also been looking into when you are meant to switch to a larger pot. Most say before the roots form a wall around the inside of the pot. Which is great advice except we can’t see that. ‍♂️

Maybe the issues are due to root lock, I think that’s what it’s called?

it is about 9 inches tall and only in a pot about half to 2/3rds of a gallon pot.
the roots are starting to poke out of the drainage holes a little.

So I’m guessing it’s probably time to move up to a 2 or 3 gallon pot?

Yet another essay and a lot of theories and questions, sorry for that.
Thanks for reading and any help or insight you may have.

Attachments

• DD07404B-E073-495B-92EE-0840B0451DEB.jpeg
    DD07404B-E073-495B-92EE-0840B0451DEB.jpeg
    665.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 8886642A-F803-4147-9014-28E0C447CC4D.jpeg
    8886642A-F803-4147-9014-28E0C447CC4D.jpeg
    497.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 044D09E8-136F-446A-96A1-CA5FF5F7EDF8.jpeg
    044D09E8-136F-446A-96A1-CA5FF5F7EDF8.jpeg
    787.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 0C0AA280-CF6B-4A06-A32E-99AD1ADBC08B.jpeg
    0C0AA280-CF6B-4A06-A32E-99AD1ADBC08B.jpeg
    608.8 KB · Views: 24
Ah ok I was thinking a new pot was on the cards.

The drainage is good as far as loads of holes in the bottom of the pot and it’s on little bricks in the tray so it never sits in any excess water.
The soil dose seem to hang onto moisture for ages though. I’ve been watering it very little because I’d already had fungus gnats.

You say it’s not an auto flower. I was sort of hoping it was given my lack of skill & knowledge. Can you actually tell that just by looking at it? (It so I’m impressed).

Thanks again, I need all the help I can get. Haha

you don't really get second chances with autos ,, is it starting to flower ? , maybe im wrong
, they stop dead and flower 85% of the time when they get stressed out ,

i had to top my one because i couldn't move my hands proper there for a few weeks and dropped the pot a few times and smashed it and exposed roots ,so then i got four colas bit bigger than i thought id get, so i started to spray with with colloidal silver to get few seeds , waste not want not

P1100153.JPGP1100154.JPGP1100282.JPGP1100283.JPG

Attachments

• P1100281.JPG
    P1100281.JPG
    889.2 KB · Views: 18
with bagged compost too when the top dries the water sits like it becomes waterproof , i remember when i first started doing that , you need to water super slow to proper soak it ,
ive had a look at the blurry picture i think i see female bits lol , i wouldn't up pot if its an auto , its catch 22 if it is ,
take a picture of the plant showing from top to bottom in the pot , sit it up on a table and stand back and take a picture

I was looking at this the other day.
C742810C-D8B8-4847-B29D-0CB01F2426AB.jpeg

I can clearly see a set of stipules at each stem point however with the naked eye of my phones zoom (which isn’t very good) I can’t yet see pollen sacs or calyx/pistils. So I’m guessing the jury is still out on this one at the moment.

Here i tried to take some better close up pics but the camera doesn’t focus well when I try to zoom in.

3B97E1AE-E017-484D-AB55-F03CD1C87ADB.jpeg

43338026-4E54-477E-9C04-84F45D4FE27A.jpeg

1B93F398-DB9E-419F-B651-906B0EF668BE.jpeg

466D449F-E396-4AE2-8D35-58AD749FBFC2.jpeg

I almost wish I had some sort of pen microscope I could stick in there to get some really good close up and quality pics.

It’s growth no doubt has been stunted my my lack of knowledge. I think it has some sort of deficiency at the moment but I’m struggling to figure out what using other pages on here.

A296CF77-39CE-400D-9277-A16E6A46B6ED.jpeg

These marks just started appearing on only one of the higher up leaves. I’m not sure what’s causing that.

I did end up up potting last night an the small black dots are soil not any mites just fyi.

Im going to try looking into it further but at this point I seems to just be rereading the same articles and getting nowhere.

Read this later mate I don’t want to ruin your buzz.

As in a seed that came in a bag of weed I was sold, if so then yes it was a bag seed.

I guess il have to read up on all the photoperiod stuff to learn how to do that when the time comes.

Dreading that a little

Am I right in thinking that only usually happens if the weed came from a hermie?
supposedly which produce less and sub par buds.
It was so long ago now when I found it originally that I can’t remember if the weed was any good.

RANDOM UPDATE:
——————

I had been using a questionable free phone app to get a rough idea of how much light (lumens) where reaching the top of the plant. I’d heard several people online say around 1500 lumens was good.
The app can use your front or rear camera. I’d been using the front so I could see the screen. Just for kicks I wanted to see if I got the same results on the back camera just now. It was around 6x higher.
Im now thinking the mild taco Very slight yellowing could be very mild light / heat stress. I’ve raised the light quite a lot to get 1500 on the back camera.

Curious to see if this helps. I’m not entirely convinced. I would have expected to BBQ the plant long ago if it was that bad.

I think I’m getting Possibly another mild nitrogen toxicity issue. It could also be an issue with nute blocking. My last watering cycle I accidentally used water from my drinking bottle (which is filtered) without thinking. So either the PH caused an issue or the lack of certain nutrients.

0FAA46D8-573A-4B66-AAB9-0B71189A1080.jpeg

Not sure if you can see it in the pic.

I currently have a slight darkening of the ends ifleaves as well as a mild dip in the leaves. It’s too early to call it a claw / talon so I’m not confident in the nitro toxicity idea.

I’m leaning more toward a PH issue. I currently have no gadget / tool for checking that so I’m winging it in that regard atm.

several days since the wrong water was used. I’ve since watered it with regular tap water. hopefully that will improve things.

Im also seeing a weird very specific type of leaf fold. In an oddly straight, seemingly very unnatural pattern?
4D4E3B95-1102-4534-A6FC-E49195A9CC46.jpeg

5E737BF9-290F-483D-BCDE-3113AE9573DA.jpeg

Other than all that she / he has had a bit of a growth spurt in height over the last few days.

D646CD21-E1F5-40AA-9856-C347AAA00DFA.jpeg

Attachments

• 113D625C-7944-48F1-B6BC-C623521660E9.jpeg
    113D625C-7944-48F1-B6BC-C623521660E9.jpeg
    755.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 0FBDB7CB-65DA-4BFB-935E-E4DD045B1E73.jpeg
    0FBDB7CB-65DA-4BFB-935E-E4DD045B1E73.jpeg
    618.8 KB · Views: 24
Hey Cider, tell us all about your watering habits. How often do you water? Do you adjust ph? What do you adjust ph to? Are you using a cal-mag product? Do you feed her any nutes?

I see no mention of temps other than house in England. Its imperative for an indoor grower to control the environment - not just monitor it.

I still think Professor was spot on regarding the cold feet / wet feet thing. Is there anyway you can elevate the plants up off the floor? Get a temp reading of the floor and at canopy level too. The floor is the coldest point in any room, the ceiling is the warmest... duh cold air sinks / warm air rises.... Anywho hope she’s turning around but her environment is just as important as good lighting.

on pics - zoom in with smart phone or tap screen on phone to get the square or to magnify the section you want to get close up pics of........ or try smart phone app called magnifyer for pics

Back
Top Bottom