It's that question again: Do these look done?

startergrow

This is about my 12th grow (probably 20 or so strains) but I still get that indecision when it comes to harvesting my own plants.

I have all the charts and photos but still get a mental block when it comes to looking at the cloudiness and amber(ness)? of my own plants. I think I get too emotionally attached :)

So instead of maybe making the same mistakes over and over I'm asking for the opinion of the good people on this site.

It's a Cheese clone , ten weeks into flower, grown in RDWC.

So here the big question... Are these ready to harvest?

WIN_20210121_19_05_31_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210121_19_04_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210121_19_05_39_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210121_19_04_12_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210121_19_04_43_Pro.jpg

most common answer you will get is when you are showing about 10% amber or so.

some pull it a bit earlier, some a bit later, depends a bit on personal preference. less amber = headier, racier - more amber = couch lock and more narcotic. it's rough guide. it changes on whether indica / sativa, the strain, even the pheno.

some sativas never really develop amber.

Hey Starter, I’m kinda new myself only growing for a year now, not an expert by any stretch but I’ve studied consistently here. You are in the harvest window, some like it clear as in early harvest, others do it in the middle, still others wait for more ripeness as in 50% amber.

Its easy to do a partial harvest too, you could take a few top colas now and start the cure and harvest the rest later as the plant continues to ripen. If you keep the batches seperate and label them that way in a few months you can better compare -with one caveat... if there’s anything left to sample and compare!! Ha, ha.... me so funny.

Its great that you have ample magnification to see what’s going on, helps with pests identification too. I really like bud washing and low & slow fridge curing. I split my last big harvest and did 20% cobs, 40% low & slow fridge cure and remaining 40% was traditional dry hang and into jars for burping. Now that I’m nearly out of fresh bud I’ve been tapping into the stash of cobs.

Heres a link for harvest prep & curing page, one tip most of these threads are very long but you don’t have to read but a page to get the low down on each technique. Harvest Prep & Curing

Great points I hadn't thought of.

A gradual harvest seems good as no matter what I get those smaller underneath buds that could use more time.

Also I have noticed that some strains don't seem to amber and glad to hear that is normal and can happen.

Thanks for all the input. I'm enjoying learning more with each grow.

Back
Top Bottom