How far off do these look?

Jmart

420 Member
Hi do these look ok for 1 week off flushing ? This is only my 2nd grow so still learning I’ve gone off the chart an due to flush on Thursday, a lot of the tricomes still look clear an the pistols are only just starting to go orange. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

2524F65B-9869-4366-ACCE-62AB1CC4DC6D.jpeg

AE4A3559-E230-496A-B97B-138F970E5AAD.jpeg

23AD3484-0044-44CA-8C74-356ABBA9BA92.jpeg

CDC89C5F-9F2E-4859-9998-7D65816FAE43.jpeg

F3E61A5D-F0A9-451C-A2D4-CEEBE11D75C2.jpeg

Some people don't flush at all. They feed till the day of harvest. I've done it both ways. Didn't notice any big differences other then the flushed weed was just a little smoother. Rule of thumb is, "When you think it's done, give it 1 more week". This gives the lower & center buds more time to finish too.

Bathing the roots or flushing the soil does not change the taste of your buds... the plant takes up whatever nutrients the plant takes up. But if it makes you fell better then by all means - have at it!

soil grower - non flusher but yes on the bud wash, my 2 cents

btw’s Jmart - beautiful girl... I’d hit that!
I'm just the opposite. No Bud Wash. My buds don't get compact when I do that. Never again ! I disagree on the flush because you are only using water & flushing the nutes & salts out so there are less nutes to take up. I think this makes it smoother & less cough from it. At the same time I think it pays to feed nutes till the end because of the Trichome production. So it is kind of a matter of choice. Once in a while I flush. Usually when I grew that strain before & it was kind of harsh. But 99% of the time I go nutes till the end.

Rule of thumb is, "When you think it's done, give it 1 more week". This gives the lower & center buds more time to finish too.
Good point! I'm seeing just that every grow - inner, lower and hidden buds not having ripened as much as the exposed ones. I really should wait a week more sometimes, for an overall more ripe plant.

Some people don't flush at all. They feed till the day of harvest. I've done it both ways. Didn't notice any big differences other then the flushed weed was just a little smoother. Rule of thumb is, "When you think it's done, give it 1 more week". This gives the lower & center buds more time to finish too.
I like how buds put things here, always give it one week if not more. Always better to have a good amount of amber clouds

I'm just the opposite. No Bud Wash. My buds don't get compact when I do that. Never again ! I disagree on the flush because you are only using water & flushing the nutes & salts out so there are less nutes to take up. I think this makes it smoother & less cough from it. At the same time I think it pays to feed nutes till the end because of the Trichome production. So it is kind of a matter of choice. Once in a while I flush. Usually when I grew that strain before & it was kind of harsh. But 99% of the time I go nutes till the end.
Im with you here again @Buds Buddy , bud wash only when needed. Otherwise flavor can be a bit off and just quality goes from A+ to B+ instantly but thats my personal opinion. Ive had some great quality bud, wash & come out fire but hey if you can cut and dry thats been some of my most potent cuts by far too.

Sure you can can wash chemical salts out of your grow media but not from the plant or buds. I get we have all had different experiences or training and that’s cool.

This link is from InTheShed no flush club #2 but lab test says flushed bud no better / no different than unflushed. Flushing You guys and gals are all solid growers so I have no beef - to each their own!!

Im with you here again @Buds Buddy , bud wash only when needed. Otherwise flavor can be a bit off and just quality goes from A+ to B+ instantly but thats my personal opinion. Ive had some great quality bud, wash & come out fire but hey if you can cut and dry thats been some of my most potent cuts by far too.
What’s the method of bud wash ? Only my second grow so still a lot to learn. I did a week flush on my first grow because a friend said you need to flush gotta admit it was a smooth smoke but I can’t really compare as I’ve only done the flushed grow

Hi do these look ok for 1 week off flushing ? This is only my 2nd grow so still learning I’ve gone off the chart an due to flush on Thursday, a lot of the tricomes still look clear an the pistols are only just starting to go orange. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

2524F65B-9869-4366-ACCE-62AB1CC4DC6D.jpeg

AE4A3559-E230-496A-B97B-138F970E5AAD.jpeg

23AD3484-0044-44CA-8C74-356ABBA9BA92.jpeg

CDC89C5F-9F2E-4859-9998-7D65816FAE43.jpeg

F3E61A5D-F0A9-451C-A2D4-CEEBE11D75C2.jpeg

I bud wash every time and have absolutely no problem with my buds compacting, losing potency or smell... it simply cleans them so I am not smoking dust and dog hair. If bud washing was actually harmful to our buds I am sure there would be a huge outcry against its use, especially by me!

Case in point, my views on flushing. Even the term "flushing" has recently become convoluted by people misusing it over and over again on the internet, and now somehow it has morphed into meaning the end of life starvation of your plants by giving them only water for a week or two at the end, right when they need the most nutrition they have ever needed. The whole idea of starving your plants at the end is absurd, and should be abolished.

When you are confronted with old wives tales such as the need to starve your plants at the end for smoother smoke, look to nature for answers. Out in nature and indeed in indoor organic grows, the plants are fed all the way to the end because the nutrients are right there in the soil. We now know that organically grown pot is the best pot you can get, and the plants are able to totally express whatever tastes and potency their genetics allow. Feeding right to the end, everything that the plant wants or needs, gives you superior product... no question.

But you say, I have heard that this produces harsh bud. Nonsense. Proper drying and curing is the key to producing smooth great tasting pot. Nutrients are not stored in the buds so that you can taste them later and the only reason that people think that starved at the end plants are smoother... is because they failed to develop their tastes and smells and potency to the point that a well fed plant could achieve... lets substitute the word smoother, with the words bland and tasteless, and we will be closer to describing what happens when you starve a plant.

Back to the word flushing. 5 or 6 years ago, the most common advice you would see on these online forums was to flush to clear problems. This common practice has now been confused and even somewhat discredited. There are actually people online these days bragging that they never flush... confusing the current two distinctly separate ways of interpreting that term. It used to be common knowledge that any synthetic nutes grow would need to be flushed a couple of times during the grow for maximum growth, or the salt buildup in the soil would eventually lock out the plants ability to get nutrients. Flushing was well known to mean the act of pushing 3x the container size of fresh water through the soil on one of your plain watering days, to push the salts and unused nutrients out of the soil, and it had nothing to do with a starvation diet at the end.

Back a few years ago, the myth of starving the plant at the end was already with us, although it was not called flushing, and because the old 1960's grow bibles claimed that this, and even hanging your plants upside down after harvest, increased their potency. The guys back then saw that starving the plants at the end did indeed create stress, and stress induces the plants to grow more trichomes... but they stopped their analysis there and didn't realize that feeding the plants right up to the end also produced more trichomes... actually a lot more. But remember, those guys back in the 1960's were pioneers and they didn't have ready access to nutes like we do today, and certainly not finishing nutes. They can be excused for taking shortcuts and thinking theirs was the superior way to do things.

In todays world, there is no rational excuse to still believe these old methods are still the best way to grow quality pot. Modern science has shown us that you can't "flush" a plant of its nutrients, you can only flush soil. By comparing nutrient grows with organic grows, we can clearly see the many benefits of feeding our plants right to the end. Don't always believe everything you read on the internet. Use your logic and common sense, and when someone with a huge following offers you a contrary opinion, at least consider it.

I bud wash every time and have absolutely no problem with my buds compacting, losing potency or smell... it simply cleans them so I am not smoking dust and dog hair. If bud washing was actually harmful to our buds I am sure there would be a huge outcry against its use, especially by me!

Case in point, my views on flushing. Even the term "flushing" has recently become convoluted by people misusing it over and over again on the internet, and now somehow it has morphed into meaning the end of life starvation of your plants by giving them only water for a week or two at the end, right when they need the most nutrition they have ever needed. The whole idea of starving your plants at the end is absurd, and should be abolished.

When you are confronted with old wives tales such as the need to starve your plants at the end for smoother smoke, look to nature for answers. Out in nature and indeed in indoor organic grows, the plants are fed all the way to the end because the nutrients are right there in the soil. We now know that organically grown pot is the best pot you can get, and the plants are able to totally express whatever tastes and potency their genetics allow. Feeding right to the end, everything that the plant wants or needs, gives you superior product... no question.

But you say, I have heard that this produces harsh bud. Nonsense. Proper drying and curing is the key to producing smooth great tasting pot. Nutrients are not stored in the buds so that you can taste them later and the only reason that people think that starved at the end plants are smoother... is because they failed to develop their tastes and smells and potency to the point that a well fed plant could achieve... lets substitute the word smoother, with the words bland and tasteless, and we will be closer to describing what happens when you starve a plant.

Back to the word flushing. 5 or 6 years ago, the most common advice you would see on these online forums was to flush to clear problems. This common practice has now been confused and even somewhat discredited. There are actually people online these days bragging that they never flush... confusing the current two distinctly separate ways of interpreting that term. It used to be common knowledge that any synthetic nutes grow would need to be flushed a couple of times during the grow for maximum growth, or the salt buildup in the soil would eventually lock out the plants ability to get nutrients. Flushing was well known to mean the act of pushing 3x the container size of fresh water through the soil on one of your plain watering days, to push the salts and unused nutrients out of the soil, and it had nothing to do with a starvation diet at the end.

Back a few years ago, the myth of starving the plant at the end was already with us, although it was not called flushing, and because the old 1960's grow bibles claimed that this, and even hanging your plants upside down after harvest, increased their potency. The guys back then saw that starving the plants at the end did indeed create stress, and stress induces the plants to grow more trichomes... but they stopped their analysis there and didn't realize that feeding the plants right up to the end also produced more trichomes... actually a lot more. But remember, those guys back in the 1960's were pioneers and they didn't have ready access to nutes like we do today, and certainly not finishing nutes. They can be excused for taking shortcuts and thinking theirs was the superior way to do things.

In todays world, there is no rational excuse to still believe these old methods are still the best way to grow quality pot. Modern science has shown us that you can't "flush" a plant of its nutrients, you can only flush soil. By comparing nutrient grows with organic grows, we can clearly see the many benefits of feeding our plants right to the end. Don't always believe everything you read on the internet. Use your logic and common sense, and when someone with a huge following offers you a contrary opinion, at least consider it.
Well said!!!!

So a plant can take up nutes even though you flushed the nutes from the soil? And a battery can stay fully charged without a charger too I guess.
I agree with Em on the 3 x's the pot size being a Flush & not feeding the last week being called starving a plant. But I do not believe a plant can take up as many nutes once the soil has been Flushed & no more nutes added. If they did, then why do the plants start robbing the leaves for additional nutes ? My leaves stay green till the end when I feed to the end & they yellow & fall off when I flush & starve the last week. Are my eyes deceiving me ?

Back
Top Bottom