J9BLACK's The Front 9-Bonus Seed Mother

J9BLACK

I abandoned my Lemon Ice reveg because if I were going to grow to my legal limit, I preferred a different strain for that final plant.

I tried to clone four cuttings of the GDP and Trainwreck to no avail. No matter. If I have to buy cuttings again, there's only going to be two strains I'm after: Blueberry and Strawberry Cough--unless my current crop somehow blow me away. I doubt it. The White Widows, Trainwreck, and GDP from dispensaries haven't impressed me at all. I don't know how or why mine would be any better.

C99 could be the wildcard. Or the one this journal's actually about:

This little girl was a bonus seed from an Amsterdam acquisition. If she makes it to flowering, she'll be only the second of all seeds to make it. Orphan Annie-Lemon Ice being the first.

Office Cabinet Grow (pro tem)
125 Watt CFL
Organic soil
Treated with Gnatrol (already attacked by gnats)
No nutes

As anyone who's followed my failures before knows, my failures have all been gnat related. My watering schedule did little to keep them away on this new girl. So it has to be the Gnatrol.

1230121634-1.jpg
1230121634a-1.jpg

I am here for the ride. :)

A couple of mornings ago, Amanda (a lot of love for Boston) was tired and droopy. She looked thirsty, but I was doubtful as she had been recently hydrated. After a bit more research, I ended up at the same place.

Thirsty. I gave her a bit yesterday, then some again today.

Amanda is so named because she is something special. Indica sure, but unlike any I've grown yet--or have I been growing sativa clones for too long? The GDP was blah compared to Amanda, but Amanda came from seed... She is the indica jewel where the Arcata Trainwreck is the sativa. I think this girl may be the diamond in the rough, but she is thirsty!

Amanda.jpg
Amanda0.jpg

I am very pleased with this C99 AND its potency and effects. I don't look to get high, just comfortable...and I am pleased with her all around affects. All my first harvest is still curing in jars; but, I am anxious to sample them. I look forward to contrasting the same White Widow clones, harvested at least a week or two apart.

This second fall harvest has been successful where the first fall grow failed. This last harvest was my first successful tent grow. I have proven I can NOT ruin growing cannabis. Each grow has become successively more evolved, less involved. I am on track to recoup thousands of dollars wasted on misdirection. I smile that with the final harvest of the GDP/TRWR, I break even.

Which puts me at a crossroads, I don't want to have TOO much medicine.

Amanda here will get transplanted and moved into a veg tent when one cycles free. I will let her reach maximum size before flowering, and she will probably be my last girl of the season. Unless Strawberry Cough comes my way!

0113131519.jpg

What is this plant? 5 Weeks and still squat.

As she came fom a seed bank, she could be anything, including a LowRyder, no?

I plan on cloning her, hoping she is not an Auto. I plan on growing a few more in the grow cab just like her, but lollipopped. There's no point in burning through 1000 watts of light for popcorn buds. Lollipopping, and maybe some Humboldt Gravity.

20130117_194150.jpg

She looks insanely tight. Could be a fun grow.

I got serious. I moved the tomato plant to a veg tent, Amanda to the Phototron Pro.

I took some cuttings, but it is too early to tell anything about this girl.
0119131056.jpg

I have Amanda here in the Phototron, a clone mother with three of her clones in veg.

0202132109b-1.jpg

01291312431.jpg

My previous clones lived, but were wiped out prior to flowering. I am a better gardener now!

Everything is going well for what will be my last grow

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom