J9BLACK's GDP - White Widow - C99 Crazy 8s Grow

Looking good under your hood. :)

Used a 30x scope on the GDP and C99. Even though the top of the GDP cola looks so frosty it looks covered in spider egg sacks...I see mostly clear (~60%) trichomes. I plan to do a slow harvest, branch by branch, bud by bud as each achieves maximum cloudiness.

I love my deep pot drench method of watering. Typically, I go one week between waterings now. Every second watering gets Gnatrol (r).

Remarkably, very little odor at week 7 since 12s. I unzip the tent and I get scent of subtle fruit and flower, and an ever so slight diesel. I guess my filter is getting the job done.

One or two gnats, that's it.

My 16" bud bowl trimmer arrived today. I am chomping at the bit to start chopping and try her out!

:allgood:

Famly photos...

GROW TENT 2

GDP 1 and 2
GDP212.jpg
GDP310.jpg

Arcata Trainwreck
TrWr1.jpg
TrWr2.jpg

GROW TENT ONE

GDP 1
GDP1_Cola.jpg

C99s 1, 2 and 3
C9932.jpg
C992_Nug.jpg

WhWis 1, 2, 3
WhWi3.jpg
WhWi2_Nug.jpg
WhWi2_Nug.jpg
WhWi2.jpg

This is amazing. These flowers start out pure white flowing hair, followed by an auburn maturity that ends in a frosty topped final stage. They go from girls to women, to goddess. But one has to be patient like my haiku signature pleads. Instead of unsightly wrinkles, our cameras expose each girl's subtle colors and textures. I almost dread now seeing the slight amber per bud for that would mean it's time to take an SLR shot for the archives and with blades in hand, become the Joyful Reaper.

In my heart, I have always been a stoner. I am happy I took the career route, but I am happier still. Again, I have a lot respect for all of those who paid a cost for doing illegally what I am doing now. They (you) freed the weed. The cost is still being born, but I will do my part to end that.

0107131739.jpg
0107131738a.jpg
0107131738.jpg
0107131737c.jpg
0107131737.jpg

0108131553.jpg

OK, couldn't resist. The pistils were brown and the trichomes at least 80% cloudy.

I was able to harvest and jar so quickly because of a Spinpro Trimmer, and a food dehydrator. The trimmer made trimming an ephemeral joy. The dehydrator will dry my bud in three stages.

I. Initial dry dor a couple of hours. Jar. Redry in a couple of hours, re-jar.
II. The next day repeat at one hour, rolling jars so the bud mofes gently around. Burp often.
III. The next day dehydrate to taste. Re-jar. Test vape bud. Report on 420 Magazine (r).

That leaves two White Widows finishing out the week in grow tent one .

When done, the two TrWr get moved to grow tent one all by themselves to finish out. The two tall GDP finish out in grow tent two. Since Arcata Train Wreck can sprout nanners in week 6, I want them down vent from my GDP.

I will not cut all (if any) of those nanners off because frankly, I am out of seeds.

The buds all look the same across all three strains. The GDP might have some purple tinges. I will know more when dry.

As far as yield...I am thinking an ounce per plant average, but will weigh this dry. OK, here's the best part.

I have some very potent cannabutter that I've made from the trimmings collected in the Spinpro. Atleast two pounds of cannabutter for no-bake edibles.

My body will need that by day where my mind will need the sativa buds for destressing from a day at the quarry. GDP for the night trip.

Nice!

So the yield on this seems underwhelming for now, but SO MANY popcorn buds, fan and sugar leaves made it through the screen to become cannabutter.

I think there's at LEAST an ounce's worth of meds in two pounds of this butter. I will advise.

:thumb:

0109131913.jpg

Very intense and powerful cannabudder. Very tasty Reese's no bake dessert. The dessert only used a fraction of my budder supply, and I used just the tip of teaspoon to enjoy daytime relief with near perfect clarity. I think this bodes well for active cannaboids in my now drying herb.

Today was my aha moment in growing. The remaining White Widows now have dark auburn hair and for the first time ever, I saw unmistakable amber trichomes. The 600W is now turned off for 60 straight hours of darkness prior to a Saturday morning orgy of laurels.

Great stuff man.... It is desert time....... Where is my piece. :)

TG, thanks for liking my posts but you don't need to.

I am going to post almost daily now, because I want to document the final days of flowering for the two remaining White Widows--albeit two days or two weeks. I hope to demonstrate via time lapse how much changes with each passing day to help me and perhaps others visualize the benefit of prolonging the harvest.

I will pick the least mature of the three for the time lapse. I think the most mature of the two is obvious below. FYI, by some freak of cloning, I have one plant with practically two colas. NBD, but unintentional.

DSCF9484.JPG
DSCF9485.JPG
DSCF9486.JPG

I vaped for the first time, C99. My own homegrown. What a joy!

It was heady, energetic with dry mouth the only downside. The strength was very satisfactory, the taste bland like most vapes.

I moved the Arcata Trainwrecks into grow tent one to keep the White Widows company for their final days. Also, they are known to sprout nanners at 6.5 weeks as I've previously written. The Whites will be gone by then. The two GDP are budding up nicely, healthily.Knowing what I know now, I will never rush vegetative OR flowering stage ever again. No more short plants. No more disappointing yields.

I am already preparing for my Spring grow. I am going on the assumption that my cabinet grow (#9 link in sig) is a girl...and will cut up to 6 viable clones.

I am still searching for Strawberry Cough clones.

Then I may be done growing for good.

0112131704.jpg
0112131704.jpg
0112131703b.jpg
0112131703.jpg
0112131703a.jpg

Very nice looking buds!!! :thumb:

OK, something different for my one lone reader. A couple of secondary bud pics of my GDP in Grow Tent two. These are in week 5 and look *serious*.

The Trainwrecks continue to impress me. The White Widows are still working it. I have to believe a big swell is coming. If not, the vape will tell whether the additional fortnight was worth it.

0115131734a.jpg
0115131734.jpg
0115131733e.jpg

Looking excellent bro. I have some Cole Train that I am going to grow in the future. I believe it is Jasmin x Trainwreck. Sounds like some seriously good smoke. I am loving how your plants look. Keep 'em green. ;)

Harvested the remaining two White Widow, and the yellowing GDP that had been suspect from the beginning of flowering. She was DONE--yielding a ghastly 11.5 grams (25% of wet weight). I think she was the original incubator for one of the gnat attacks. She was hurt, but she finished the game. God bless her. The C99 yielded the best but even so I am averaging 14 grams per plant! Really!? I got an ounce per plant in the Phototron!

So, now I am PRAYING for an ounce from each of the two Trainwecks and my last GDP--top strains in the world...LAME. Argh! I won't have enough medicine to last until fall harvest.

So now that I have achieved this trophy of first successful tent grow, I can learn better techniques to improve yield.

I will finish this journal, but grow #9 has taken on new importance...

Sorry about the low yields bro. I am sure you will come away with better results on the next one. It is all trial and error until you have it down to a science. I am hoping to get it down to a science so I can get to the 1 gram per watt goal. I am striving to do it in a years time. I do not know how much time you have spent reading my journals but if you have read my first one and the others you will see my growth as a grower and the luck I have had so far. Keep up the good work.

These girls I do grow
With budding breasts and wide hips
Are too young for me

Thus, I wait for them
And their golden hair turned brown
Women they become

When each love flower
Is adorned with frosty snow
I reap what I sow

Gave a tiny shot of Gravity for the last two or three weeks of flower. These three veged three weeks longer so I am expecting a better yield anyway, but I'll take the bump.
0119131116f.jpg
0119131116e.jpg
0119131116d.jpg
0119131116c.jpg
0119131116b.jpg
0119131116.jpg

Looking nice and healthy. :)

Back
Top Bottom